Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-06-2018, 17:09   #1
geekington

Albany Killiney- any insights?

Hey folks,

Was looking for some advice and hoping someone here could help! I've looked at the these houses and was wondering if anybody had any information about them?

My wife and I viewed them and they are really beautiful houses but something about them doesn't feel right. They say that there are 7 available (i.e. 8 sold) but none are on the Property Price Register and there doesn't appear to be significant demand. There are some folks living there but I was told by the agent that a number where rented direct to a Pharma company for their execs.

My guess is that it is overpriced for the location (Killiney address but in Ballybrack for all intents and purposes) but I can live with this. I'm more concerned that there is something more going that I am missing!

Any help would be great - or even just feedback on the location and area.

Thanks
Conor
Advertisement
11-06-2018, 17:33   #2
Samuel T. Cogley

Are they not just massively overpriced McMasnsions that the vast majority of people can't afford in not such a great location? (as in actual location, I'm sure the area is fine)
(4) thanks from:
11-06-2018, 18:19   #3
geekington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel T. Cogley View Post
Are they not just massively overpriced McMasnsions that the vast majority of people can't afford in not such a great location? (as in actual location, I'm sure the area is fine)
Agree, I think this is most likely the reason why! The price is crazy but compared to some of the other new builds around in the area they are comparable.

Does anyone know much about the area and estates around it? Are they bad?
(2) thanks from:
11-06-2018, 18:20   #4
Samuel T. Cogley

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekington View Post
Agree, I think this is most likely the reason why! The price is crazy but compared to some of the other new builds around in the area they are comparable.

FWIW they look lovely.
Thanks from:
11-06-2018, 18:24   #5
Eric Cartman

Quote:
its a 4 bed semi under 2000sq feet with an attic conversion to call it a 5 bed, hardly a McMansion , just a bigger than average house on an overpriced site.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
12-06-2018, 07:10   #6
ted1

I’m fairly close to them. I think that they are over priced , the garden seems to be tiny compared to the price. They look well built.
1 thing thst thibk is odd is that the very first one on the right has a huge side window that lets people look into the landing and stairs in all levels and gives no privacy.
Thanks from:
12-06-2018, 07:21   #7
ted1

For similar money I’d look at these:

Property: 5 Carraig Grennane, Killiney Avenue, Killiney, County Dublin http://myhome.ie/4243240

Property: 97 Ballinclea Heights, Killiney, Dublin http://myhome.ie/4242599

Property: 1 Seafield Road, Killiney, County Dublin http://myhome.ie/4242736

Property: Greenoge, Killiney Road, Killiney, County Dublin http://myhome.ie/4114602

Property: No. 35 Rock Lodge, Killiney, County Dublin http://myhome.ie/4229327

Property: Triana, 6 The Nurseries, Avondale Road, Killiney, County Dublin http://myhome.ie/2323380
Thanks from:
12-06-2018, 07:23   #8
ted1

Quote:
Quote:

The area is good and the local estates ate all well established and quiet.
Thanks from:
12-06-2018, 18:29   #9
geekington

Thanks for the feedback folks. The lack of any on the Property Price Register is strange but I'll dig in to this!
Advertisement
12-06-2018, 18:54   #10
Stellasmurf

What price range are they may I ask?
12-06-2018, 19:03   #11
geekington

They are asking for 895k which is steep but similar to the Culanor in Dun Laoghaire and the Terenure New Builds!
12-06-2018, 21:13   #12
Ronaldinho

Quote:
Hey folks,

My wife and I viewed them and they are really beautiful houses but something about them doesn't feel right.
I don't mean to be a patronising so-and-so but be mindful when viewing showhouses like this of what is included in the spec and what isn't.
(2) thanks from:
12-06-2018, 23:20   #13
Thestones

I think it backs onto a not so great estate. Please bear in mind catchment area for schools as probably falls into ballybrack area. Would you not look at second hand houses? Much better value to be had, can never understand why people pay such crazy money for new builds, you could get a really nice house for 600 and put money into it if needs work, not worth 895, that's crazy.
(3) thanks from:
12-06-2018, 23:32   #14
ted1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thestones View Post
I think it backs onto a not so great estate. Please bear in mind catchment area for schools as probably falls into ballybrack area. Would you not look at second hand houses? Much better value to be had, can never understand why people pay such crazy money for new builds, you could get a really nice house for 600 and put money into it if needs work, not worth 895, that's crazy.
The estates it backs in to is grand. On one side is yet to be developed, one side is more of the same houses , another one is a private estate and another is full of mainly elderly retired people.

As for catchment areas it’s kind of funny area. For secondary schools they are really all mostly private and primary schools are different lots of kids going to Rathmichael, St. Anne’s, Wyvern, Dalkey School project , Scoil Lorcain, Castle park, loretto Dalkey, Rathdown etc when the local school is St. John’s
12-06-2018, 23:57   #15
Thestones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted1 View Post
The estates it backs in to is grand. On one side is yet to be developed, one side is more of the same houses , another one is a private estate and another is full of mainly elderly retired people.

As for catchment areas it’s kind of funny area. For secondary schools they are really all mostly private and primary schools are different lots of kids going to Rathmichael, St. Anne’s, Wyvern, Dalkey School project , Scoil Lorcain, Castle park, loretto Dalkey, Rathdown etc when the local school is St. John’s
There is such high demand for primary places at the moment, I have a friend with a 'killiney' address which apparently is right on the border and didn't get into any of those schools and her child is going to her last choice, she is gutted by it but nothing can be done when all schools are over subscribed. Just something for OP to be aware of.
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion