Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

13-05-2020, 22:48   #46
L1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbulldogg1983 View Post
Just wanted to note that no nosey neighbours have posted anything in months.

Just putting this here as a little benchmark.

Looking forward to welcoming you all back during rainy season again :-)

Also looking forward to really heavy rainfall to prove that the estate is still as safe as it always was and as it was designed to be ;-)
This post is outright trolling - do not post in this thread again
Advertisement
14-05-2020, 13:53   #47
Jen Pigs Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azizur Rahman View Post
Quick question folks, when people moved in, did you have to get an engineer out to hook up broadband?
Originally we were told by virgin that we could just plug the box in, then we were told we had to get and engineer from virgin to get the box set up.
They attempted to charge us for it, but waived the fees considering the house should have been set up for virgin already.
Thanks from:
22-05-2020, 11:54   #48
super_sweeney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen Pigs Fly View Post
Originally we were told by virgin that we could just plug the box in, then we were told we had to get and engineer from virgin to get the box set up.
They attempted to charge us for it, but waived the fees considering the house should have been set up for virgin already.
Yeah that seems crazy, any house I have lived in as of the last 10 yeas. Virgin box is posted out and i plugged it in and good to go. if thats not the case then for me thats up to virgin to sort out.

Personally and this is only my personal view I would not be paying for someone to come out and setup the service they are providing and I am already paying for. I wouldn't buy a new car and then the dealers charge me to show me how to start it? maybe a simplistic view but just my view
22-05-2020, 19:11   #49
Jen Pigs Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by super_sweeney View Post
Yeah that seems crazy, any house I have lived in as of the last 10 yeas. Virgin box is posted out and i plugged it in and good to go. if thats not the case then for me thats up to virgin to sort out.

Personally and this is only my personal view I would not be paying for someone to come out and setup the service they are providing and I am already paying for. I wouldn't buy a new car and then the dealers charge me to show me how to start it? maybe a simplistic view but just my view
The exact way we argued the fee, so they waived it. We were like we’d go with sky if we had to pay the fee. It’s extortion really, give us no alternative and then charge. Luckily now sky and eir is available in the estate (or so that say!)
23-05-2020, 00:50   #50
marieholmfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1011 View Post
This post is outright trolling - do not post in this thread again
Thanks L1011
Advertisement
23-05-2020, 13:35   #51
Azizur Rahman

Thanks for the information folks ðŸ‘

Quick Reply
Bold