Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
13-05-2020, 22:48   #46
L1011
Moderator
 
L1011's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by djbulldogg1983 View Post
Just wanted to note that no nosey neighbours have posted anything in months.

Just putting this here as a little benchmark.

Looking forward to welcoming you all back during rainy season again :-)

Also looking forward to really heavy rainfall to prove that the estate is still as safe as it always was and as it was designed to be ;-)
This post is outright trolling - do not post in this thread again
L1011 is online now  
Advertisement
14-05-2020, 13:53   #47
Jen Pigs Fly
Registered User
 
Jen Pigs Fly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azizur Rahman View Post
Quick question folks, when people moved in, did you have to get an engineer out to hook up broadband?
Originally we were told by virgin that we could just plug the box in, then we were told we had to get and engineer from virgin to get the box set up.
They attempted to charge us for it, but waived the fees considering the house should have been set up for virgin already.
Jen Pigs Fly is offline  
Thanks from:
22-05-2020, 11:54   #48
super_sweeney
Registered User
 
super_sweeney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen Pigs Fly View Post
Originally we were told by virgin that we could just plug the box in, then we were told we had to get and engineer from virgin to get the box set up.
They attempted to charge us for it, but waived the fees considering the house should have been set up for virgin already.
Yeah that seems crazy, any house I have lived in as of the last 10 yeas. Virgin box is posted out and i plugged it in and good to go. if thats not the case then for me thats up to virgin to sort out.

Personally and this is only my personal view I would not be paying for someone to come out and setup the service they are providing and I am already paying for. I wouldn't buy a new car and then the dealers charge me to show me how to start it? maybe a simplistic view but just my view
super_sweeney is offline  
22-05-2020, 19:11   #49
Jen Pigs Fly
Registered User
 
Jen Pigs Fly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by super_sweeney View Post
Yeah that seems crazy, any house I have lived in as of the last 10 yeas. Virgin box is posted out and i plugged it in and good to go. if thats not the case then for me thats up to virgin to sort out.

Personally and this is only my personal view I would not be paying for someone to come out and setup the service they are providing and I am already paying for. I wouldn't buy a new car and then the dealers charge me to show me how to start it? maybe a simplistic view but just my view
The exact way we argued the fee, so they waived it. We were like we’d go with sky if we had to pay the fee. It’s extortion really, give us no alternative and then charge. Luckily now sky and eir is available in the estate (or so that say!)
Jen Pigs Fly is offline  
23-05-2020, 00:50   #50
marieholmfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by L1011 View Post
This post is outright trolling - do not post in this thread again
Thanks L1011
marieholmfan is offline  
Advertisement
23-05-2020, 13:35   #51
Azizur Rahman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 43
Thanks for the information folks ðŸ‘
Azizur Rahman is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet