Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

25-10-2020, 13:14   #31
tayto lover

There’s an old crumbling castle called after him in Dundalk.
I often walk past it with my dogs and on some foggy winters nights I swear I can hear a ghostly voice shouting “ C’mon the Town”.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
25-10-2020, 14:48   #32
Kylta

Quote:
Originally Posted by odyssey06 View Post
He is an Irish hero. In the same sense that Achilles, Odysseus, Menelaus, Agamemnon are Greek heroes.

I don't know what to make of his beserk 'hulk' mode though...
The first warp-spasm seized Cúchulainn, and made him into a monstrous thing, hideous and shapeless, unheard of. His shanks and his joints, every knuckle and angle and organ from head to foot, shook like a tree in the flood or a reed in the stream. His body made a furious twist inside his skin, so that his feet and shins switched to the rear and his heels and calves switched to the front... On his head the temple-sinews stretched to the nape of his neck, each mighty, immense, measureless knob as big as the head of a month-old child... he sucked one eye so deep into his head that a wild crane couldn't probe it onto his cheek out of the depths of his skull; the other eye fell out along his cheek. His mouth weirdly distorted: his cheek peeled back from his jaws until the gullet appeared, his lungs and his liver flapped in his mouth and throat, his lower jaw struck the upper a lion-killing blow, and fiery flakes large as a ram's fleece reached his mouth from his throat...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%C3%BA_Chulainn
And the women loved him, shrek would've been loved in them days.
Thanks from:
02-11-2020, 14:23   #33
tabbey

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayto lover View Post
There’s an old crumbling castle called after him in Dundalk.
I often walk past it with my dogs and on some foggy winters nights I swear I can hear a ghostly voice shouting “ C’mon the Town”.
You misunderstand his Oriel accent; he is really saying "c'mon castletown".
(2) thanks from:
02-11-2020, 14:27   #34
tabbey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkiernan View Post
And a rapist
You cannot libel the dead, nor the mythical.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion