Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primavera Sound 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

confirmed now, 26th-30th August for Barcelona

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Came here to post the same thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Is that not an awful idea?

Mr.S wrote: »
    It's an attempt to keep the festival going in lieu of pulling it completely prematurely. I'd say the likelihood of any festival going ahead this summer is very, verry low, but at least they can try on the off chance things have returned to normal by August.

I guess. And fine for people who live in Barcelona. But a lot of people travel I'd imagine. A mess for them.

Have they given details for refunds?

Actually reading some of their responses regarding refunds. This is not a good look at all for this festival IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Yeah looks they're going to try and fob off tickets for next year or something like that in lieu of refunds.

They have another thing coming if they try that

• Advertisement

mphwqp39lsp41.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

I stupidly didn't pay for the cancellation option!

Ditto! And we're there for the full week. Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

wowy wrote: »
    Ditto! And we're there for the full week. Ugh.

Another one with non-refundable accommodation :( Only chance of a refund is if hotels are still closed by law in early June, as they are now, which is unlikely. (And would mean the covid crisis is worse than we feared)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Another one with non-refundable accommodation :( Only chance of a refund is if hotels are still closed by law in early June, as they are now, which is unlikely. (And would mean the covid crisis is worse than we feared)

I've been looking up the hotels website and it seems to suggest that they are going to try to accommodate people affected by Covid generally. But they don't answer any emails and I don't trust my Spanish/Catalan to ring them up just yet.

Also, it would be bad if they changed it to August for the new dates, then that date was cancelled too

At least if the festival is cancelled, it might be OK to at least take a holiday in Barcelona by the end of August!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

At least if the festival is cancelled, it might be OK to at least take a holiday in Barcelona by the end of August!

I was thinking about that, and actually wouldn't mind it as I've never been to Barcelona! But all things considered, I'd prefer to be going for the festival and I'm not sure I'd go twice in the one year.

Also, the uncertainty means that I'm not sure whether to book accommodation for August yet or just wait and see if the hotel for June offers the new dates

Sorry, I meant only going once - ask to swap the dates to August, while they still have availability. Then even if the festival does get cancelled, it might be safe enough to travel at the end of August for a holiday, rather than lose them completely (assuming they wouldn't let you reschedule for 2021...)
    Certainly wouldn't be planning on travelling there in late May anyway....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭Griselda

I don't see it even going ahead in August tbh.

quite possibly not, but at least the government there are thinking about it at least:
    Barcelona's mayor, Ada Colau, said on Friday (today) that major summer festivals, La Mercè and other mass events such as music festivals "are surely going to be the last things to clear." Speaking to RAC1, Colau said they were in "permanent" contact with the Primavera Sound, which was rescheduled for late August . "Hopefully this can be done at the end of the summer, just like the rest of the festivals," he added, though he emphasized that events with high concentrations of people would "be the most complicated" of authorizing past full confinement. .

"The last sign of normality will be when we can do massive events like these," he said. In fact, Colau has been convinced that there will be a "long transition phase" between total confinement and resuming day-to-day activities. "It will be months," he said. He also acknowledged that some transitional limitations would "be certain" during the transition phase, although he did not believe that this would be "definitive".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Itd be madness really, Spains numbers have passed Italys now in most regards. Theyve been utterly decimated and are unlikely to recover in the space of 5 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

Barcelona town hall own the Forum space so they had to give the nod for its use that weekend in August before any other planning, booking etc was done by Primavera. This would have happened a few weeks ago. I think the latest quotes from the mayor are quite downbeat though, basically saying the last thing to get the go ahead on the road back to normality will be big (massive) events like Primavera. It's a rapidly changing situation of course but I still see late August as too soon for such a major, international event.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Griselda wrote: »
    I don't see it even going ahead in August tbh.

I'm in this exact boat as well. No chance it goes ahead. Bonus if it does.

I have my accommodation sorted anyway there.

Flightwise I'm only just waiting it out for Aer Lingus to cancel the one for June 3rd as I never booked my return before all this hit, which feels it will be almost inevitably will be at some point in May. But we gotta play the waiting game in this case.

I've decided to claim a refund for my festival ticket now anyway. I would rather get ahead of the curve at this stage as the backlog will be massive and if it is cancelled there will be thousands of us due refunds in July. And I would rather the 200blips i mo phóca now than in July.

If it does go ahead I'll manage to grab a ticket if need be.

I've decided to claim a refund for my festival ticket now anyway.

Have they offered refunds?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Lads, I've been living in Barcelona the last five years. Can tell you there's not a hope in hell of it going ahead this year.

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Have they offered refunds?

The concert was rescheduled to a different date. You are entitled to get a refund.

I don't know who you bought from but there should be a link on the site for refunds, changes, help, contact us etc.
    Lads, I've been living in Barcelona the last five years. Can tell you there's not a hope in hell of it going ahead this year.

I completely agree with ya.

• Advertisement

There are no refunds available, yet.

There are no refunds available, yet.

Well, they're not offering refunds in the first instance because the festival is going ahead just at a later time.

That doesn't strip you of your entitlement.

The fact that it was rescheduled takes the heat off them, so there's no rush to refund everyone.

Doesn't stop you applying for one if you want. The old adage, "If you don't ask, you don't get" applies here.

The concert was rescheduled to a different date. You are entitled to get a refund.

I've been hearing different. I suppose a bank might just take the money back for people? Lots of people wanting refunds but to no avail.

A lot of companies looking less "sound" in the current climate! Ha

Just one example I've seen:

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    I've been hearing different. I suppose a bank might just take the money back for people? Lots of people wanting refunds but to no avail.

A lot of companies looking less "sound" in the current climate! Ha

Just one example I've seen:

https://www.twitter.com/ryanbassil/status/1244961056377778176?s=19

Chargeback time! :)

Chargeback went in anyway. But I've had further contact from Primavera customer service. So we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

Chargeback went in anyway. But I've had further contact from Primavera customer service. So we'll see.

Did you have any progress from either the chargeback or Primavera themselves?

wowy wrote: »
    Did you have any progress from either the chargeback or Primavera themselves?

Card company wanted more details. So that's with their team as of Sunday evening.

Festicket stated on Friday that they will be informing customers of options available to them as soon as they hear back from promoter.

I'll find the email I got from them.

Messaging slightly changed. I'll be hammering them again this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Plush289

Surely there's no chance of this going ahead in August anyway. They haven't even confirmed which acts are still performing at it. Would be happy to take a ticket for next year but the ignoring of customers while continuing to post past gigs on social media is very frustrating

Card company wanted more details. So that's with their team as of Sunday evening.

Festicket stated on Friday that they will be informing customers of options available to them as soon as they hear back from promoter.

I'll find the email I got from them.

Messaging slightly changed. I'll be hammering them again this week.

This was sent on April 28:

Hi BonnieSituation,

Once, we have more updates, we’ll let you know on the email you’ve used for the booking.
    In the next coming days, you should also receive an email with a link, where you can make a refund request for the whole booking or eventually an option to keep your tickets for the next new dates.

It’s still too early to say what kind of options will be available, that’s why we also have to wait for the organisers first, so we can send out updates.

Please bear with us - we will get to your order within the next 5-7 working days and you don't need to take any further action.

Regards,

Festicket Team

• Advertisement

Plush289 wrote: »
    Surely there's no chance of this going ahead in August anyway. They haven't even confirmed which acts are still performing at it. Would be happy to take a ticket for next year but the ignoring of customers while continuing to post past gigs on social media is very frustrating

Absolutely no chance of this happening in August. No chance.

If they did what other festivals had done I'm sure we would all consider paying it forward for next year. But that willingness comes with a promoter being up front, like say what Life Festival did.

But what PV are doing here is making people more angry and less likely to subsidise them to not go out of business. It was actually incumbent upon them to be sound here. There was a lot of good will going around a month ago. But they couldn't even get the announcement of their postponement right.

It's been tonedeaf from the beginning.

Advertisement