Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SFC Final Replay - Dublin v Mayo Sat 1st October *Read Mod Note Post #1*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

People suggesting playing in Limerick are referencing the 2014 semi-final fiasco.

I wouldn't have thought I'd have to explain such an obvious joke but there you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭PressRun

Had no issues with the ref apart from MDMA's neck breaking tackle on Cillian O'Connor, which he should have had more than a yellow for. Other than that, I think he did well and got the calls right. For a first time all Ireland final ref, I think he had a great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭dtipp

Red Kev wrote: »
    I think minor teams get 8000 tickets each, so it'll be a bit easier next time out. Apart from that usual sources.

Think it's a lot less than that.

Mayo and Kerry got less than 5,000 each AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭buckwheat

kala85 wrote: »
    Thought the ref was decent enough. Considering the conditions I think that he did well enough and he was fair to both teams.

Need to watch it back tonight but they are my initial thought on the ref.

Why oh why is the replay on at five o clock on a Saturday? Very unfair on people to travel back to mayo late at that hour.

Why can't they play it on Sunday 2nd at 330.
    Will the prices be reduced for the replay?

Tickets for replays are usually €50 and €25 for the Hill

• Registered Users Posts: 10,697 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

buckwheat wrote: »
    Tickets for replays are usually €50 and €25 for the Hill

That was for hurling replays.
    I can't see them dropping too much for a football replay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

JK.BMC wrote: »
    Can we get a new referee please?

Cliché

• Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Red Kev wrote: »
    I think minor teams get 8000 tickets each, so it'll be a bit easier next time out. Apart from that usual sources.

Try 800

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

PressRun wrote: »
    Had no issues with the ref apart from MDMA's neck breaking tackle on Cillian O'Connor, which he should have had more than a yellow for. Other than that, I think he did well and got the calls right. For a first time all Ireland final ref, I think he had a great show.

Is that you Conor?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Thought the ref was decent enough. Considering the conditions I think that he did well enough and he was fair to both teams.

He was abysmal, and he has form

Watch the build up to the first dublin goal and wonder what a mayo player would have to do in front of him to be given a black.

Compare with McCarthys sending off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

padd b1975 wrote: »
    That was for hurling replays.
    I can't see them dropping too much for a football replay.

Why wouldnt they do the same for football?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭cantwbr1

They will. No reason not to

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

PressRun wrote: »

I thought it was a black card alright. Hardly a neck break though, come on. I think the ref knew he got James Mccarthys black card wrong.

Evens out (sort of) but both wrong calls and there were more for both sides, I'm not sure I agree he had a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Spleerbun

can't be a worse game than today at least! let's hope for a dry day

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Did I miss something? Thought McCrathy's black was 100% correct. To deliberately collide with a player off the ball is the definition of a black card.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,091 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Did I miss something? Thought McCrathy's black was 100% correct. To deliberately collide with a player off the ball is the definition of a black card.

It looked bad in the replays but no way was it a black card in my book. He had made a run and continued it. He was very hard done by.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,906 ✭✭✭threeball

Don't know if this Mayo team will ever win an all Ireland. Everything went against them today bar Dublin playing poorly. MDMA should have gotten black for his first half trip, then should has seen red for his assault on COC. How the officials missed Connollys punches to Keegan head is a mystery also. Keegan is a tool too but he didn't lash out like Connolly. And then two awful own goals.
    They could put it up to Dublin again in two weeks but you'd have to feel the ambush was gone. Had COC missed the equaliser the two better teams on the day would have walked out of Croker without the minor or senior titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Spleerbun

PARlance wrote: »
    It looked bad in the replays but no way was it a black card in my book. He had made a run and continued it. He was very hard done by.

compounded then by 2 or 3 identical situations going unpunished. no consistency

Great you saw that so clearly. Would love to know what you think of the 4 occasions caught on camera of Keegan blocking Connolly off the ball?

or even to comment on one of them occasions, and why no black card was issued?

I am assuming you watched the whole match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭kala85

cantwbr1 wrote: »
    They will. No reason not to

Unless it's pure greed. Nothing would suprise me about the gaa.

All Ireland day is a very expensive day for anyone bringing a family to the game.

PARlance wrote: »

You cant just run into another player though. You have to run around them.

• Advertisement

You cant just run into another player though. You have to run around them.

but does the Mayo player move towards him first?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

I can't understand why Paddy Andrews doesn't start for Dublin,hoping he won't start the next day.

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    but does the Mayo player move towards him first?

Yeah, maybe......

Demand basically.

Hurling finals have just about managed to sell out in recent years, demand for replays is generally much less so the price is reduced significantly to make it more attractive.
    I remember in 96 there was much more tickets floating for the replay despite Croke Park holding about 20,000 less.

A couple of other reasons would be less people coming from overseas and no minor match, although also back in 96 they had the genius idea of slotting in the replay of the minor hurling final!! as a curtain raiser.

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Demand basically.

Hurling finals have just about managed to sell out in recent years, demand for replays is generally much less so the price is reduced significantly to make it more attractive.

I remember in 96 there was much more tickets floating for the replay despite Croke Park holding about 20,000 less.

A couple of other reasons would be less people coming from overseas and no minor match, although also back in 96 they had the genius idea of slotting in the replay of the minor hurling final!! as a curtain raiser.

They have still sold out though and they would have sold out if the ticket price was €80. I would definitely be expecting a reduced price the next day. When Galway & Kilkenny drew in the hurling a couple of years ago, it was much harder to find tickets for the replay for some reason.

They have still sold out though and they would have sold out if the ticket price was €80. I would definitely be expecting a reduced price the next day. When Galway & Kilkenny drew in the hurling a couple of years ago, it was much harder to find tickets for the replay for some reason.

Reduced absolutely, I would expect so too.

Can't see it dropping to 50 though, 60 at best most likely.

Hopefully I'm wrong!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭kala85

Who'll referee the replay.
    Maybe Padraig Hughes or Eddie kinsella

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Kh1993

Dreadful stuff. In my 10 years watching the dubs I haven't seen much worse.

Which is worse as barring a stupid DC sideline we woulda the game. Although I'm still wondering how we were ahead in that game and how mayo haven't smashed us. I suppose two own goals in a final is so very much Mayo.

We surely can't be as bad in the replay. Paddy Andrews and Mannion start. We win by a few surely. Bastick for headless MDMA too perhaps.

Who'll referee the replay.
    Maybe Padraig Hughes or Eddie kinsella

Hopefully Maurice Deegan. Best ref in country

• Advertisement

Hopefully less demand for tickets from sl

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement