Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 Season Ticket

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Mayo Club 51

Heads up for anyone looking for Mayo GAA season tickets. https://www.seasontickets.ie/new/NProducts/NList/football

The Mayo GAA (Cairde Mhaigheo) season ticket has gone back on sale today. They must have added more tickets?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Heads up for anyone looking for Mayo GAA season tickets. https://www.seasontickets.ie/new/NProducts/NList/football

The Mayo GAA (Cairde Mhaigheo) season ticket has gone back on sale today. They must have added more tickets?

still there now, no new Dublin ones went up though, save people going to look

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭eastmayo

mayo.mick wrote: »
    Not yet. They were supposed to be posted last Friday.

Arrived today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

eastmayo wrote: »
    Arrived today!!

Good few got them today, still waiting on mine to arrive :(

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭eamonpk

Hi - I only ordered for myself and my 2 boys just over a week ago. Is there any chance they will arrive before Christmas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭eastmayo

eamonpk wrote: »
    Hi - I only ordered for myself and my 2 boys just over a week ago. Is there any chance they will arrive before Christmas?

Will be after christmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭HanaleiJ5N

Between the price increase (albeit it a modest one) and my county having a fairly poor year from start to finish I swore I wouldn't renew, but sure enough I caved at the end of November. I have to say though, the new Club+ option doesn't sit well with me, one of the major hooks of the season ticket was "Loyalty rewarded", that doesn't apply to an option where an All-Ireland final ticket is guaranteed even if you attend zero games!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Ours arrived today :D

88578124aafa75c1175a9c23afdf31623290d61f_m.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Mayo ones are gone again.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Mine arrived on Friday gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Happy Days, mine arrived this morning!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,550 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Mine arrived yesterday, they really push it fine considered renewed months ago, but glad they arrived in time for Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Mayo Club 51

copacetic wrote: »
    Mine arrived yesterday, they really push it fine considered renewed months ago, but glad they arrived in time for Christmas!

My 3 only arrived the day before you! I would usually recieve them at the beginning of December every year since joining in 2009. This year for some reason have been one of the last. At least they were here in time for Christmas :)

So, ticket prices for the league remain the same, still €10 if pre-purchased online and juveniles still free.

Makes the increase in season ticket prices all the more irritating. The price increase was nothing but gouging and greed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

HanaleiJ5N wrote: »
    So, ticket prices for the league remain the same, still €10 if pre-purchased online and juveniles still free.

Makes the increase in season ticket prices all the more irritating. The price increase was nothing but gouging and greed.

I'd say the next thing will be to remove the entitlement to All Ireland tickets or else drastically increase the attendance requirements.

adrian522 wrote: »
    I'd say the next thing will be to remove the entitlement to All Ireland tickets or else drastically increase the attendance requirements.

The entitlement to All-Ireland tickets is the only real advantage to this whole scheme. If they get rid of that what would be the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Is it possible to get a break down of what counties actually buy season tickets? I bet its only Mayo, Kerry and Dublin.

The idea of the tickets was to increase league attendance by offering value to all counties, but if supporters from the main 3 counties only buy them, then the GAA will try to profit from it due to the only reason people buy them is to get AI tickets.

This is the problem with the structure of the AI, when 3 teams can nearly guarantee themselves a AI Final every 2/3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭eamonpk

copacetic wrote: »

Talk about cutting it fine I have emailed them about my Season Tickets ordered just after the Christmas cut off. I have been told they will be sent out the week of the 25th of January - and my 1st NFL match is 30th! I don't understand why they are leaving it so late

HanaleiJ5N wrote: »

The reason for the increase given by Croke PArk was to "maximise the return for county boards" They replied to someone that the league match prices would be increasing and that they would be charging for juveniles in 2016, that's why they were doubling the price of juvenile season tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Ollieboy wrote: »
    Is it possible to get a break down of what counties actually buy season tickets? I bet its only Mayo, Kerry and Dublin.

The idea of the tickets was to increase league attendance by offering value to all counties, but if supporters from the main 3 counties only buy them, then the GAA will try to profit from it due to the only reason people buy them is to get AI tickets.

This is the problem with the structure of the AI, when 3 teams can nearly guarantee themselves a AI Final every 2/3 years.

There were numbers available a few years ago. Back then Tyrone had a pretty good take up as well as the three counties you'd expect to have big sales. Cork and Galway's take up in football was extremely low for the size of the counties (Galway was much lower than Roscommon, for example). Both counties had a better take up in hurling though.

To be honest, no matter what structure you have, the better teams are going to end up in the final most years regardless.

• Advertisement

Ollieboy wrote: »

Dublin, Mayo and Tyrone were the 3 biggest from memory of the last lot of figures I saw a few years ago.

Dublin, Mayo and Tyrone were the 3 biggest from memory of the last lot of figures I saw a few years ago.

I saw a full breakdown list of all the counties season ticket sales for both hurling and football, but that was a few years ago, 2009/10/11, Cant remember where (maybe boards?). Does anyone have a list or know where to get it? FOI the GAA for it?

mayo.mick wrote: »
    I saw a full breakdown list of all the counties season ticket sales for both hurling and football, but that was a few years ago, 2009/10/11, Cant remember where (maybe boards?). Does anyone have a list or know where to get it? FOI the GAA for it?

That's what I saw here.
    I saw it on here. Think it was 2011.

Hopefully Limerick won't have as rubbish a year as we had in 2015, but looking at last year, I paid €95 (plus €3 postal charge) for the ST, got 6 league games, and 4 championship games; the first for free, the second for €20, third for €10 and last game for €15.

Total outlay; €143.

Had I just bought tickets online for individual games beforehand; 6 league games @ €10 = €60, and 4 championship games costing €25, €25, €15 and €20.

Total outlay without season ticket; €145.

A saving of €2. That's 1.4%.

See where I'm going here? Add on the €4 increase for this year and the saving of €2 now becomes a loss of €2.

Long story short; if your county has a poor season, doesn't make the latter stages of the league and win at least one championship game, you most likely actually make a loss under the season ticket now. Particularly for hurling season tickets as the league structure guarantees only 6 games compared to 7 in football.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

Does anyone know when the bring a friend email usually comes out? Less than a week out at this stage and no notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭jjdonegal

Does anyone know when the bring a friend email usually comes out? Less than a week out at this stage and no notice.

No such thing for thr league if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

No such thing for thr league if I remember correctly.
    I thought there was for games in Croke Park as it's assigned seating. I may be wrong though.

Should be out today, then cut off will be tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Ordered a ticket for my brother in early January and still no sign. Sent an email but no reply yet.

I would assume they will be out before the weekend?

• Advertisement

Just got the 'bring a friend' email, you have till tomorrow night if you want to avail of it.

Advertisement