Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2016 Season Ticket

• 14-10-2015 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭

So the email is sent and the price has risen:
    GAA wrote:
    SEASON TICKET RENEWALS OPEN AT 12 NOON ON OCTOBER 14TH 2015

A Chara,

The 2015 Championship has come to a close and the League fixtures are being finalised so it is time to renew your Season Ticket(s) for 2016.

Enjoy another year of great value with the GAA Season Ticket. The price for the 2016 Season is €99 for Adults and €20 for Juveniles. Renewals are now open!

What’s included?

- All your County's Allianz League round matches plus all League semi finals, play-offs and finals in that code
    - Your County's opening Championship fixture
    - All Allianz League round matches in your selected code. So if you have a Longford Football Season Ticket you can go to any Allianz League Football match.
    - AIB GAA Club All-Ireland Finals in Croke Park on St. Patrick's Day.

You will also enjoy discount prices during the Championship - "Pay & Play" kicks in after your opening Championship fixture.

Club+

The Club+ price has been set at €200 for all Counties. A siginifcant change for 2016 is that anyone who avails of the Club+ Season Ticket will be guaranteed an All Ireland Final ticket should their county qualify, regardless of the attendance percentage during the year.

Club+ is an add on to the regular GAA Season Ticket which covers entry to county championship fixtures within your county.

Please note that there will not be a Club+ Upgrade option for 2016. If you wish to purchase a Club+ Season Ticket this must be done at the time of purchase/renewal.

If there is no Club+ option available in your Season Ticket Account this means that your county is not offering a Club+ option for 2016.

Enjoy another year of great value with the GAA Season Ticket.

To renew now click here

RENEWAL INSTRUCTIONS:

Click on the Product
    Tick the ‘Select’ box beside the Season Ticket(s) you wish to renew and click ‘Renew Selected’.
    Select the payment card or add a new one and complete the job.
    It’s simple!

A couple of items to note:

If a juvenile from 2015 is no longer a juvenile (i.e. under 16 on 1st January 2015) then the renewal will default as an adult Season Ticket for 2016.
    Additional Tickets will be available to purchase from Monday November 2nd, subject to availability.
    (Dublin Football & Mayo Football will be Renewals Only)
    Le meas

GAA Ticket Office

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

No early bird this year either.
    Last year was €85.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

The amount of season tickets outside Dublin/Kerry/Mayo must be almost non existent. There's been an almost 33% increase in price since it was first introduced in (I think) 2009. It's become a joke of a system if you're not a suppporter of one of the big teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

The amount of season tickets outside Dublin/Kerry/Mayo must be almost non existent. There's been an almost 33% increase in price since it was first introduced in (I think) 2009. It's become a joke of a system if you're not a suppporter of one of the big teams.

And Tyrone as well.

Despite having managed to be lucky enough to get to 3 AIF's since 2009 when I got the ticket, I'm starting to re-evaluate getting it for 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 mackattack

Just got my renewal email,

Hill tickets stay the same at €165 but stand go to €99 for adults and juvenile go to €20. double on last year.

Additional Tickets will be available to purchase from Monday November 2nd, subject to availability.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Mayo Club 51

http://mayoclub51.com/2016-mayo-gaa-season-ticket/

What's the justification (apart from greed) for the increase in ticket prices, especially Juvenile tickets doubling in price?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'd say they want rid of this scheme, they are hoping to reach a point where sales of season tickets reduce to such an extent they'll be able to cancel it without too much uproar.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Pity. Another nail in the coffin for what was once a great scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭acequion

An absolute shame. And shame on the GAA! The price increase is disgraceful,especially the doubling of the juvenile price and the withdrawal of the early bird offer. It has been an excellent scheme for the genuine supporter. I probably will get it again this year but it could well be the last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭acequion

Why do you guys think they want rid of the scheme?

acequion wrote: »

Makes no sense to get rid of the scheme to me, for Mayo and Dublin both counties are sold out and you would think they will both be getting to the semi stage at worst. So they have guaranteed revenue now from both county's subscribers paying out the price of the subs. Plus they are forcing members to the league games not getting any gate money I know but for most people you spend a few quid with the selected venue generating more money.

Personally I do feel like they are squeezing the program to a close. But I’m not giving it up, in fact ideally I need more tickets as I have two more kids that didn’t exist when the scheme was launched but I’m thinking I won’t get them until my county starts loosing again.

EDIT - I just read this beauty, not sure if this is official: "Any season tickets not being renewed are not being released for sale again.

But in the email they made this statement clearer:
    "All Allianz League round matches in your selected code. So if you have a Longford Football Season Ticket you can go to any Allianz League Football match."
    "Allianz League matches in the selected code including any semi-finals, finals or relegation play-offs."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

acequion wrote: »

Have heard from more than one source that some of the provincial councils hate the scheme

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Completely agree, we worked it out here last year with the cheaper league tickets why would you buy one.
    You need a good run in the league for it to make sense.
    I offered that it had a kind of insurance value

We'll still hang on to ours but I wouldn't bother if I was from a county outside division one

It's the same for the hurlers.

Now with this club + ticket you can get tickets without having to go to league games, this points even harder towards an insurance model.

The season ticket is great for me but it's flawed overall and did not work last year.

Apparently some the top men dont like them because people with no input to clubs are guaranteed tickets , but at least they had to prove they went to games. However this new option that costs more to liberate the holder from having to achieve a certain attendance level is confusing, what type of support is that encouraging

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Just one thing though . Did I pick up from the mail that anyone holding a season ticket in a codevcsn bingo any league game, so I could use my Dublin football season ticket to go to any league football game?

This would represent additional value to some ??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

You can yeah, go to any league game, most games are on at the same time though, but I guess if you find yourself in Cork for a weekend you could go along to their game instead of the Dublin game.

If Dublin were playing Saturday night, you could go to 2 games on a weekend if you wanted to.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,537 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Stoner wrote: »
    Apparently some the top men dont like them because people with no input to clubs are guaranteed tickets , but at least they had to prove they went to games. However this new option that costs more to liberate the holder from having to achieve a certain attendance level is confusing, what type of support is that encouraging

They also don't like them, as it diminishes the power of certain big wigs in the clubs, when it comes to distributing tickets to big games. If people are guaranteed tickets via the ST scheme, they are less dependent on the clubs taking care of them, or staying on the right side of certain people within the club, to be sure of a ticket come August/September.

The 60% attendance criteria is a joke too. It is laughably easy to circumvent, by simply giving your ST card to someone else to get scanned for you.

ProudDUB wrote:
    The 60% attendance criteria is a joke too. It is laughably easy to circumvent, by simply giving your ST card to someone else to get scanned for you.

True. But at least there's a bum on a seat, some support, might buy some goods in the stadium or spend a few quid in the town

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭eamonpk

mackattack wrote: »
    Just got my renewal email,

Hill tickets stay the same at €165 but stand go to €99 for adults and juvenile go to €20. double on last year.

I think juveniles were actually E5 early bird so if correct then the price is quadrupled. Juveniles get in free to NFL league games so all the juvenile is getting is 1 championship match for this price - sounds like very poor value

• Registered Users Posts: 15,000 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

I'd say county boards themselves are very peed off with the ST.

Counties had their own individual ticket "schemes" to generate income for the costs of running the senior team etc.

But the ST has reduced the attractiveness of such schemes for the supporter.

Getting rid of the ST would be a mad idea without replacing it with something of equal value.

New mail in dismissing what is stated here http://mayoclub51.com/2016-mayo-gaa-season-ticket/

"EDIT - I just read this beauty, not sure if this is official: "Any season tickets not being renewed are not being released for sale again."
    ==========================
    A Chara,

Further to yesterday's email we have had a number of emails enquiring as to the cut off date for the renewal of Season Tickets for 2016.

Due to huge demand and waiting lists being in place the deadline for the renewal of your season ticket(s) is MIDNIGHT ON MONDAY NOVEMBER 30TH.

After this deadline any unrenewed Season Tickets will be released for sale.
    ==========================

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

47. Club+ Season Ticket holders will qualify for an All-Ireland Final ticket
    regardless of their attendance rate at the designated counties Allianz GAA
    National League & GAA Championship matches in 2016.

What do you get for E20 for a juvenile season ticket. Surely they get in to all NFL games for free leaving you getting one championship game for your money unless your county get to the league final.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭sylvanb

I have sent an e-mail to the Season Ticket office about the child price. As the previous poster said, the league is free for u16s. As far as I recall that includes all games but its €5 per championship match so with the 1st round championship game part of the package you are actually paying €20 for a €5 ticket.

No reply to my e-mail yet.

Asked the season ticket people what the reason for the price change was.

After some waffle about what games are covered and what great value it is I got this
    Ultimately the price change has been done with a view to maximising the return to the individual counties.

So apparently greed is the answer, they charge this because they think they can get away with it.

I emailed the GAA about what I got for my E20 for a juvenile as NFL games were free for them previous years and it cost me E5 for each of my children last year for the first round of the championship

Replied "It is yet to be decided but it is likely that there will be a charge for juveniles attending league games for the upcoming season."

If they are planning to charge juveniles for NFL games I hope they make the decision before the cut off to buy season tickets as I am thinking this isnt great value for myself and 2 boys to fork out E140

BTW the email also confirmed that the season ticket will now not cover
    McKenna Cup/ O’Byrne Cup etc which again makes it less value

• Registered Users Posts: 15,000 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

adrian522 wrote: »
    Asked the season ticket people what the reason for the price change was.

After some waffle about what games are covered and what great value it is I got this

So apparently greed is the answer, they charge this because they think they can get away with it.

I'd say the counties, especially the big ones, are having a word in HQs ear saying that the season ticket has killed their existing schemes that were used as fund raisers.

If I recall the scheme ticket here in Kerry was over E300 for I can't temember how many years, and that only guaranteed you a ticket to any Kerry championship game, you got nothing free, not even the league.

Up to the time of the season tickets two of the above were purchased in this house, now none are bought.
    Two season tickets are bought instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

eamonpk wrote: »
    BTW the email also confirmed that the season ticket will now not cover
    McKenna Cup/ O’Byrne Cup etc which again makes it less value

Has never covered the O'Byrne cup anyway? All money raised in this comp goes to a players fund for the coming season.

In a best case scenario I guess you could make the argument that you go to all 5 league games, League quarter, semi and final plus fisrt championship game...

I'd calculate that at (roughly) €50 for the league games
    About €50 for the 3 knockout games (15,15,20 guessing here)
    First championship game for us is the Leinster semi final, €30 (Not sure on this either)
    Assuming €5 off an All Ireland semi final ticket.

Club Championship final ticket is around €25

So all in all if you went to everything a saving of around €60.

Realistically for me personally, I'd miss probably 2 league games (going on past experience), maybe the quarter final too.

I'd probably go to either the league semi final or final (depending on what else I had on), then all the championship games. Probably wouldn't go to the club final as I'm planning on running the Barcelona marathon around then.

I'd probably get €85 worth of value from the ticket. So €14 for the convenience aspect, and also the hassle of not having to look for All Ireland tickets should the need arise.

It's close but its probably still worth it to me, just about. Still pretty bittter about a 33% increase in just 2 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Reading this talk of waiting lists - anyone know how you get your name on the waiting list?

Advertisement