Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Battlefield 4 Chat

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

No bad netcode, I think youre probably just not very good at the game and therefore dont see it. This is the biggest piece of dog turd Ive ever played, and I loved BF3!

well, in my own selfish eyes I look better than you anyway:
    you: http://goo.gl/WovDD7
    me: http://goo.gl/o8EkkW

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Are we really having the "I'm better than you" discussion?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Im better! You suck noob man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

I agree with Fl4pJ4ck Since the last patch the game is pretty stable for me id say 95% of the time its fine that will improve hopefully to at least 98%. There is always going to be those moments where you are like 'WTF that a load of my bum' but that is in and will be in most fps.

http://bf4stats.com/pc/KillerShamrock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Are we really having the "I'm better than you" discussion?

Yes yes we are my Sh!tbucket awaits haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    well, in my own selfish eyes I look better than you anyway:
    you: http://goo.gl/WovDD7
    me: http://goo.gl/o8EkkW

You look better in my eyes too.

Higher w/l, k/d, spm and you've killed more people in 15 hours less playtime

• Registered Users Posts: 33,203 ✭✭✭✭Penn

New to BF (wouldn't class myself as having converted from COD as I haven't played the last few of those either)

Getting used to it. Just wondering is there any way to customise your equipment and weapons while not in a match (PS4). I can view stuff I've unlocked from the menu but can't select stuff to customise.

You look better in my eyes too.

Higher w/l, k/d, spm and you've killed more people in 15 hours less playtime

His stats are better, however I stopped playing until 2 nights ago because the problems I had were horrendous and I just stopped caring.

Come and play with us and feel the force.....of course you Boardsies are too scared to play hardcore mode, which is kinda understandable at the moment considering how messed up the friendly tags are. TK anyone?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Can you log into Battlelog on your PC, Phone or tablet?
    You can edit loadout there.

Come and play with us and feel the force.....of course you Boardsies are too scared to play hardcore mode, which is kinda understandable at the moment considering how messed up the friendly tags are. TK anyone?

Hardcore is generally for people who don't have good enough aim to kill people in normal mode. :D

http://bf4stats.com/pc/ShamrockOverlord

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

.of course you Boardsies are too scared to play hardcore mode,

You mean Easykill Mode ?

I mean the mode without having 3D spotting, auto health regen etc, you know, all the gay options turned on.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Hardcore is generally for people who don't have good enough aim to kill people in normal mode. :D

http://bf4stats.com/pc/ShamrockOverlord

Blasphemy!!! Its for people who like to shoot things until they are dead not for regenerating, kill camera, i see j0u!!!!3d screen types :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

New to BF (wouldn't class myself as having converted from COD as I haven't played the last few of those either)

Getting used to it. Just wondering is there any way to customise your equipment and weapons while not in a match (PS4). I can view stuff I've unlocked from the menu but can't select stuff to customise.
    If you go to the "test range" I find that the best to customize weapons/loadouts

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Blasphemy!!! Its for people who like to shoot things until they are dead not for regenerating, kill camera, i see j0u!!!!3d screen types :pac:

But shure if you shoot them properly then they will be dead .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭game4it70

I didnt realise I had to qualify to comment, sorry Boss, can you send me the test and I will see what I can do.

You presumed fl4pj4ck is a bad player because he doesn't have any "issues" with the game.How does that work?
    I don't see how that has anything to do with his or anyone's skill level.

Comments like that just reminds me of people using the ingame chat saying their team is bad while being down the bottom of the scoreboard and not ptfo'ing.

jonski wrote: »
    But shure if you shoot them properly then they will be dead .

Exactly. Land enough bullets and they don't have the chance to run away in the first place.

Regarding kill cam...if a sniper shoots me in the face from his rock perch miles away, I like to know where he is so I can go kill him and teabag the ****e out of him afterwards, which he can then see me doing so in the kill cam.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭Glebee

What packs do I need to buy to get the most out if this on PC. Do I just buy BF4 or do I need premium etc.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Glebee wrote: »
    What packs do I need to buy to get the most out if this on PC. Do I just buy BF4 or do I need premium etc.

Premium is basically a season pass, it gives you all the BF4 DLC. I'd hold off for now, China Rising wasn't great and there's no real need for it until the next pack, Second Assault, in a few weeks and you might find a deal on it between now and then.

game4it70 wrote: »
    You presumed fl4pj4ck is a bad player because he doesn't have any "issues" with the game.How does that work?
    I don't see how that has anything to do with his or anyone's skill level.

Comments like that just reminds me of people using the ingame chat saying their team is bad while being down the bottom of the scoreboard and not ptfo'ing.

I don't really care what that reminds you off, I can tell you I'm always in the top 5 of every single round, unless playing with my clan when I could be less than that as we are so good and utterly dominate pretty much every server until everyone leaves and then we have to go and find another populated server to empty.

I was specifically referring to not having issues with netcode. As Dice made their wee comment about "so called" netcode issues, he has just jumped on the bandwagon in the manner in which he made that comment. The fact is the netcode is crap. Utterly and totally crap and any other persons opinion on the matter is not of any importance to me. I know it's crap because I have played the game enough to see that for myself. Getting shot behind cover is just one of the problems, along with extremely frequent "traded" kills when both parties end up dead. It could happen, but not as often as it does.

Also if you play softcore, you don't have the problem with the friendly tags not showing up, because the problem isn't there in softcore mode.

• Advertisement

5uspect wrote: »
    Premium is basically a season pass, it gives you all the BF4 DLC. I'd hold off for now, China Rising wasn't great and there's no real need for it until the next pack, Second Assault, in a few weeks and you might find a deal on it between now and then.

There is a good chance Second Assault will not be out when we expect due to them allegedly not working on any other DLC until the crap of the core game has been overhauled.

It may be that they have already finished work on that anyway, so maybe it will come out, but I reckon they will be too concerned about the inevitable backlash from players if they release it when the fundamental game is broken and flawed.

I don't really care what that reminds you off, I can tell you I'm always in the top 5 of every single round, unless playing with my clan when I could be less than that as we are so good and utterly dominate pretty much every server until everyone leaves and then we have to go and find another populated server to empty.

I was specifically referring to not having issues with netcode. As Dice made their wee comment about "so called" netcode issues, he has just jumped on the bandwagon in the manner in which he made that comment. The fact is the netcode is crap. Utterly and totally crap and any other persons opinion on the matter is not of any importance to me. I know it's crap because I have played the game enough to see that for myself. Getting shot behind cover is just one of the problems, along with extremely frequent "traded" kills when both parties end up dead. It could happen, but not as often as it does.

Also if you play softcore, you don't have the problem with the friendly tags not showing up, because the problem isn't there in softcore mode.

Jesus christ how could anyone type that and be serious. Verbal diarrhoea.

Maybe the reason you're having so many problems online is because you're not very good at it.
    I mean the mode without having 3D spotting, auto health regen etc, you know, all the gay options turned on.

Gay options? Are you a homophobe? Why are you using gay as a word for negative? You sound like a teenager.

I can tell you I'm always in the top 5 of every single round, unless playing with my clan when I could be less than that as we are so good and utterly dominate pretty much every server until everyone leaves and then we have to go and find another populated server to empty.

Really ?

having read the above I am now going to take everything you say as gospel .

• Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

That's actually just wrong. Go to Golmud railway, have a non-squadmate teammate get on the 50cal on the train, then look at him. No tags, friendly or otherwise (last observed last night on BSM).

Also, your mom says I'm better, so nyah nyah na nyah nyaaaaa....
    (Seriously, are we actually doing this now? Is this a thing again? I'm 37 for feck's sakes, I thought we left all this behind thirty years ago...)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,035 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Keep it civil folks. There may not be anything warranting action right now, so let's not let it reach that point.

Sparks wrote: »
    That's actually just wrong. Go to Golmud railway, have a non-squadmate teammate get on the 50cal on the train, then look at him. No tags, friendly or otherwise (last observed last night on BSM).

Also, your mom says I'm better, so nyah nyah na nyah nyaaaaa....
    (Seriously, are we actually doing this now? Is this a thing again? I'm 37 for feck's sakes, I thought we left all this behind thirty years ago...)

I have not played on softcore for more than 1 round or 2, so wasn't speaking from first hand experience. However a few of our clan have tried it out and there was a chat about temporarily playing on it together because they had not experienced this friendly tag problem. On hardcore its all the time. It makes flying a heli almost pointless as you end up TK player after player, to avoid it you have to go around spamming "Q" to try and activate the friendly tag. Really basic functionality of the game and its a game breaker, hence why I hardly played it after the first patches never resolved it.

As for those dribbling out of their mouths, come and play against us and the result will speak for itself. The same challenge was laid down in BF3 a long time ago and utter obliteration was the outcome!

Jesus christ how could anyone type that and be serious. Verbal diarrhoea.

Maybe the reason you're having so many problems online is because you're not very good at it.

Come play, this tit for tat is boring and not very constructive really. Lets not end the year in childish manure!

Come play, this tit for tat is boring and not very constructive really. Lets not end the year in childish manure!

You have the power to stop the childish shít, its coming from you.

That's my last word on the matter anyway you're obviously taking the piss, nobody could be that ridiculous unintentionally.

Just because you play with a team of savage lads doesn't make you savage, you even said yourself that you don't.finish near the top when they're playing because they're better than you.

You are bragging based on their skill, because going by your stats, you're not very good.

You have the power to stop the childish shít, its coming from you.

That's my last word on the matter anyway you're obviously taking the piss, nobody could be that ridiculous unintentionally.

Just because you play with a team of savage lads doesn't make you savage, you even said yourself that you don't.finish near the top when they're playing because they're better than you.

You are bragging based on their skill, because going by your stats, you're not very good.

Shhhh now.

http://www.deltastriketeam.com/DSTForums/clanwars.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Lads, have a look for these buttons...

1.png
    2.png

Advertisement