Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Greece this summer

12346»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Not sure what the issue is with D.A, but of the 8 airports I've traveled to in the last 2 months it's probably the best... And certainly 10 times better than the 3 Greek airports I was in.

We got off the plane at 4:30 and we didn't get out to 6pm Tenzor.

Into the arrivals/passport control hall with 2 other flights, in very close quarters lines.
    Lots of people weren't wearing their masks at all and had it down around their neck, very little security/DAA staff about, and none enforcing anything. That defeated the purpose of social distancing, in the airport of all places. People in a long zig zag queue like cattle at a market and some spluttering and coughing up tight against each other.

I'd say they had 4 booths open of about a possible 12.

When we did eventually get through the queue, the PLF form we had to fill out before we came back on Friday for DA, the guy at the booth didn't even ask for it, he just checked my passport and partner's and waved on.

Sure anyone could have been coming in from anywhere? We had the emails opened on our phone but he wasn't interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

CBear1993 wrote: »
    We got off the plane at 4:30 and we didn't get out to 6pm Tenzor. Into the arrivals/passport control hall with 2 other flights, in very close quarters lines. Lots of people weren't wearing their masks at all and had it down around their neck, very little security/DAA staff about, and none enforcing anything. That defeated the purpose of social distancing, in the airport of all places. People in a long zig zag queue like cattle at a market and some spluttering and coughing up tight against each other. I'd say they had 4 booths open of about a possible 12.When we did eventually get through the queue, the PLF form we had to fill out before we came back on Friday for DA, the guy at the booth didn't even ask for it, he just checked my passport and partner's and waved on. Sure anyone could have been coming in from anywhere? We had the emails opened on our phone but he wasn't interested.

Oh wow, that doesn't sound good, thankfully was fine when I'd passed through...

If you think that's bad, have a look at my review of Corfu airport on Skytrak.... Dublin airport is 5 star in comparison! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭NSAman

Looks like Greece is going into Lockdown again....

Museums and Cultural spaces just ordered to close...

In a few hours home confinement seems to be on the cards.

NSAman wrote: »

Unsurprising really with everything going on in Europe at the moment.

Though pop up any links with those statements cos there's people with flights booked to travel in the next few weeks who'd be interested..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭NSAman

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Unsurprising really with everything going on in Europe at the moment.

Though pop up any links with those statements cos there's people with flights booked to travel in the next few weeks who'd be interested..

Just reported by Staff over there.

Have no links yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,631 ✭✭✭✭josip

NSAman wrote: »

Greece's strategy would have been to protect the peak summer season at all costs.
    They got 3 relatively good months out of it and I suspect that now that the tourist numbers are dropping off, it's into survival mode and try to repair the damage accumulated over the summer.
    ie. get the R0 in the local population back down to < 1.
    Hopefully all the small scale tourist businesses made enough to survive until next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭lubie76

CBear1993 wrote: »
    Just back on friday from a great week in Mykonos.

I'll tell you something else, felt a lot safer in Mykonos airport than arriving into Dublin. It's tiny but their professionalism, attitude and enforcing of mask wearing etc was exemplary.

Great week and only had to wear masks while indoors in stores/shops on the island.

Didn't impact our holiday at all. Dublin airport is a disgrace on arrival and it would make you question the whole NPHET/government to be honest.

Same as that. Arrived back to Dublin from Corfu on Friday and couldn't get over people in the airport especially around social distancing and mask wearing. The passport control and PLF area were a disgrace, people wearing masks around their chin standing on top of one another and even the guys behind the desks checking passports had no masks on despite having to handle passports and PLF forms etc. Twice myself and my partner had to ask people to stand back and somebody was coughing away a few people behind. Scary considering people were maskless.

We got swabbed for Covid on the way into Corfu as did most of the people on the flight from Dublin and I had no problem with that given that our numbers are on the rise. We had to stay in our hotel room for 24 hours and were free to go about our business after that if we didn't hear otherwise. Why can't it be the same in Dublin?

I understand there is a certain amount of personal responsibility in terms of queues etc but sometimes people need to be told. They had no problem in the airport in Greece telling people to stand back.

lubie76 wrote: »
    Same as that. Arrived back to Dublin from Corfu on Friday and couldn't get over people in the airport especially around social distancing and mask wearing. The passport control and PLF area were a disgrace, people wearing masks around their chin standing on top of one another and even the guys behind the desks checking passports had no masks on despite having to handle passports and PLF forms etc. Twice myself and my partner had to ask people to stand back and somebody was coughing away a few people behind. Scary considering people were maskless. We got swabbed for Covid on the way into Corfu as did most of the people on the flight from Dublin and I had no problem with that given that our numbers are on the rise. We had to stay in our hotel room for 24 hours and were free to go about our business after that if we didn't hear otherwise. Why can't it be the same in Dublin?I understand there is a certain amount of personal responsibility in terms of queues etc but sometimes people need to be told. They had no problem in the airport in Greece telling people to stand back.

Corfu airport is more like something you'd expect in a 3rd world country, a full on disgrace... No staff, no social distance... Makes the whole swab thing seem like a complete waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭gussieg

can echo a return from greece and the efficiency and speed that they worked through testing most from our plane for covid, wasnt half as unpleasant i was expecting , and then to return to dublin airport and the toughest thing i had to face was whether or not to buy more wine and sweets before walking into arrivals , or just get a coffee in the otherwise ghosttown that is now terminal 2.
    No test , no nothing. Hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭k123456

Back from Crete

Dub airport, practically empty, so no real social distancing issues

At Chania airport we were swabbed

in Crete, mask wearing in shops etc obligatory

One observation, on the flight from Dub to Chania, some passengers quickly learned, that the more you drink, means you dont wear a mask on the plane, perhaps an Alcohol ban on the plane, would be a way to enforce mask wearing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,074 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Currently in Crete. No one swabbed from our flight. Weather is fab and everywhere is open. Restaurants and bars clamouring for business. A fair few tourists around but definitely quieter than last year

Advertisement