Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who is your Irish political hero?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

No hero. I don't believe in that but aired would have to be John Hume. He seemed a decent honest politician. A rareity.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

buckwheat wrote: »
    Padraig Flynn :cool:
    He certainly brought down himself and a lot of rubbish like himself = = the boy done well ! !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

blinding wrote: »
    He certainly brought down himself and a lot of rubbish like himself = = the boy done well ! !

I wanna tell you something, try it sometime

I wanna tell you something, try it sometime
    I saw him in a Pub in Mayo over 30/35 years ago doing a FF thing ~ ~ I kid you not ~ ~ He looked like a slimy slippery yoke in a shiny slippery looking suit and his hair greased back ! !

If you were making a film about such a politicians and how that sort of politician looked in his earlier days he was perfect for the role.

I was in the Pub for other reasons ~ ~ honest ! !

• Registered Users Posts: 16,272 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

DonalK1981 wrote: »
    Current choices would include Pearse Doherty, Mick Wallace, Clare Daly, Ming, Catherine Connolly, Joan Collins, Eamon O Cuiv and Ireland's first female Taoiseach in waiting and first leader who will not hail from either FF or FG Mary Lou McDonald. I am including MLM on the hope that if given the chance a change would do the country good.

Reasons being they either fight against corrupt practises and/or represent the interests of their constituents without using the office as a meal ticket. Those mentioned, in my opinion at least, would do the job they do without pay.

FF is exactly where Mary Lou hailed from.

I've no axe to grind with her though she is a capable politician but she is from the same wealthy middle class backround as the rest of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭bmc58

Tony Gregory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

• Registered Users Posts: 16,272 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Charles Stewart Parnell seemed to be a decent politician, someone the present shower of well paid trough feeders fall well short of.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Jack Chambers -no ability, no charm, no charisma & not impressive in any way yet he still gets paid.

Jack Chambers -no ability, no charm, no charisma & not impressive in any way yet he still gets paid.
    LOL:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Violet Anne Wynne.

Managed to live rent free for 4 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

He certainly brought down himself and a lot of rubbish like himself = = the boy done well ! ![/quo

What about the daughter. Beverly? She's a class act as the father would say

Edgware wrote: »
    He certainly brought down himself and a lot of rubbish like himself = = the boy done well ! ![/quo

What about the daughter. Beverly? She's a class act as the father would say
    That Old Cooker did not fall far from the Old Tree ! !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

I saw him in a Pub in Mayo over 30/35 years ago doing a FF thing ~ ~ I kid you not ~ ~ He looked like a slimy slippery yoke in a shiny slippery looking suit and his hair greased back ! !

If you were making a film about such a politicians and how that sort of politician looked in his earlier days he was perfect for the role.

I was in the Pub for other reasons ~ ~ honest ! !

Keep the car with the star in Castlebar

Advertisement