Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GAA kit

• 03-10-2016 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭

Hi.
    Just wondering if anyone knows why there doesn't seem to be any enforcement on players wearing a standard uniform kit.
    I've noticed over a good while that whilst they all wear the correct jersey a lot of guys sometimes wear different shorts and sometimes nearly every guy will be wearing different socks. There's an official County kit so why aren't they wearing it? It looks really sloppy-I just don't get how difficult it can be for a team who have kit men etc. can't all tog out in the same jerseys shorts and socks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

johnire wrote: »
    Hi.
    Just wondering if anyone knows why there doesn't seem to be any enforcement on players wearing a standard uniform kit.
    I've noticed over a good while that whilst they all wear the correct jersey a lot of guys sometimes wear different shorts and sometimes nearly every guy will be wearing different socks. There's an official County kit so why aren't they wearing it? It looks really sloppy-I just don't get how difficult it can be for a team who have kit men etc. can't all tog out in the same jerseys shorts and socks?

Have you any examples of counties doing this?
    Jerseys and shorts are nearly always the same in my experience, socks too for the vast majority of the time but there is a trend to wear an additional white pop sock over the county socks.... the cool kids will probably have a name for those. They do make it look sloppy imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭johnire

Yea...just one example. There's a pic of Aidan and Seamus OShea after Saturdays match and Aidan's socks has on what seems to be white with a green trim and Seamus's are red.
    It's not a big deal but I do find it strange that's there's no uniformity on stuff like that.
    :-)

PARlance wrote: »
    Have you any examples of counties doing this?
    Jerseys and shorts are nearly always the same in my experience, socks too for the vast majority of the time but there is a trend to wear an additional white pop sock over the county socks.... the cool kids will probably have a name for those. They do make it look sloppy imo.

Yea...just one example. There's a pic of Aidan and Seamus OShea after Saturdays match and Aidan's socks has on what seems to be white with a green trim and Seamus's are red.
    It's not a big deal but I do find it strange that's there's no uniformity on stuff like that.
    :-)

Both are wearing the county socks. Aidan has those white pop socks over the red of the county sock, thus only showing the green trim. Seamie has the green trim tucked in, only showing the red.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭johnire

Ah... thanks. It was just puzzling me-there's an explanation for everything! Thanks for taking the time to explain.
    PARlance wrote: »
    Both are wearing the county socks. Aidan has those white pop socks over the red of the county sock, thus only showing the green trim. Seamie has the green trim tucked in, only showing the red.

Ah... thanks. It was just puzzling me-there's an explanation for everything! Thanks for taking the time to explain.

All distractions from the match analysis are welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I've noticed that Seamus Callanan wears different shorts to the rest of the Tipp players.

I've noticed that Seamus Callanan wears different shorts to the rest of the Tipp players.

A quick google image search would suggest he does indeed have a lucky pair of shorts.

Advertisement