Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Girlfriend Valentines Day Presents/ Things to do

Options
  • 13-01-2009 7:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭

Right lads,

Start listing them out:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Allah Hu Akbar

Right lads,

Start listing them out:confused:

Meal, then along night of hanky panky.

dick_in_a_box.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

well my lovely lady wants to go to killarney which is all good with me:):) but she wants to go dutch is valentines not for the girl im confused haha think she might be tricking me:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hi all,

Any ideas how much a dozen roses will set me back? ....Break it to me gently :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

You could always get something soft and cuddly :-)

*points to sig and declares interest :-)*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Síle28

I was gonna ask same question, but I'm a girl (obviously from my name :D). I would like to do something different not just the usual dinner & 'dessert' thing, although incorporating both at some point in the evening is a must too! Any fresh ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

Síle28 wrote: »
    I was gonna ask same question, but I'm a girl (obviously from my name :D). I would like to do something different not just the usual dinner & 'dessert' thing, although incorporating both at some point in the evening is a must too! Any fresh ideas?

Actually, eating out is the last thing we'll be doing this year. We felt sooo exploited last year... felt like real suckers, squashed into the restaurant with 1000000 other couples. LIGHTENING fast service, so they could have you out the door again in under 2 hours and less than inspiring food.

Night in with the champers and strawberries/chocolate will be much more enjoyable IMO :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 mb_

Hi all,

found a great valentines idea in a shop when looking for balloons and had to tell everyone! I think its clever anyway - called something like chocflowers, was in a shop in wexford - Little Idea - they are made to look like a nice bunch of roses with chocolates in the middle. gets the woman their 2 favourites chocolates and flowers (in one bunch, great recession buster!!!). just a thought.

other than that im going for the usual - try and cook dinner!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭No1XtinaFan

di11on wrote: »
    Actually, eating out is the last thing we'll be doing this year. We felt sooo exploited last year... felt like real suckers, squashed into the restaurant with 1000000 other couples. LIGHTENING fast service, so they could have you out the door again in under 2 hours and less than inspiring food.

Night in with the champers and strawberries/chocolate will be much more enjoyable IMO :-)

Same here, we were gonna book somewhere but then I thought about the last time we went out v day and it's not even worth it, plus it's a saturday night, you'll NEVER get home lol
    Gonna stay in cook together and get the oul strawberries and chocloate out :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MonicaBing

Plan an indoors picnic, move furniture around in the living/sitting room, get as many tea lights as you can, Dunnes or Heatons do great value packs of tea lights.

Get some scented ones but try and stay on similar scents, eg, Cinnamon and Chocolate go well together. If you can get some pillar candles, place them in strategic places around the room, your local Euro shop might have these or again, Heatons. Lay some rugs on the floor with plenty of cushions or your duvet with a chenille rug thrown on top for the extra nice feel!

I know it sounds corny, but get some nice massage oil, ooh get Neroli from the Body Shop, or anything fruity scented, and give each other massages not just you on him or vice versa, believe me the night will be memorable!

Have your basics ready then, some champers, unless you have a Moet et Chandon or Brut taste for champers, u can pick up some mighty fine champers for less than a tenner in Tesco, some strawberries, good quality chocolate but it has to be dark or else have at least 80% cocoa in it. Reason? Ah shur any gal will tell you its an aphrodisiac!

Have whatever music gets you smokin' in the CD player and let the fun begin..:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭msshono

hey

found really adorable slippers in Dunnes today - theyre white and really fluffy soft with pink/redish hearts on the and they are only €5!!!! They are really cute and i would bet any girls would love them. A really nice and cheap gift for those with a bit of sense that dont spend a fortune on more expensive material gifts just 6 weeks after xmas.

its a pity i had to buy myself a pair!!! But i love them,
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

jamieh wrote: »
    Hi all,

Checked the florist today.
    One rose is gona set me back a tenner. A dozen is rouughly 90 yoyos.
    Rip off much?
    I mean considering. Its just cos they hike the price this time of year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

Jammyc wrote: »
    Rip off much?

heres some recession buster flowers for valentines. Bought the luxury bouquets. And the week after valentines its her bithday so kept busy ha ha!

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20092570.index

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,056 ✭✭✭✭beertons

jamieh wrote: »
    Hi all,

€100 plus in a florist, or €35ish in Aldi/Lidl.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Rip off much?

Grow your own for next time and get out on the streets selling them! ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,056 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Oh, and get a bar of Lindt Chilli Chocolate. Does weird thing folks, remember where you heard it first!

beertons wrote: »
    €100 plus in a florist, or €35ish in Aldi/Lidl.

Errr 5.99ish!! http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20092570.p.ClassicDozenRedRoses

Buy a few dozen so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Grow your own for next time and get out on the streets selling them! ;)
    Thats exactly what I muttered to my mate as I left the florists.

Then I realised that I could never keep a plant alive for a year.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MonicaBing

beertons wrote: »
    Oh, and get a bar of Lindt Chilli Chocolate. Does weird thing folks, remember where you heard it first!

AWESOME!!!!!!!!;) Man after me own feckin' heart! Love the stuff, used to buy it in Tesco but haven't seen it lately? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

MonicaBing wrote: »
    AWESOME!!!!!!!!;) Man after me own feckin' heart! Love the stuff, used to buy it in Tesco but haven't seen it lately? :(

saw it in dunnes last week;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 aoc75

i bought 2 tickets for my boyfriend(now ex) for andrew maxwell in vicar street for valentines night, they are on the market if anyone is interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

aoc75 wrote: »
    i bought 2 tickets for my boyfriend(now ex) for andrew maxwell in vicar street for valentines night, they are on the market if anyone is interested!

Afraid ticket sales arent allowed on either Boards or Adverts but try toutless.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Southwing

AOC, look for my post on toutless.
    Cheers.

Did i just go back in time?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

The Roses thing defo go for Aldi or Lidl they are amoungst the best of the flowers if not better than most of the big florist sell i cant believe they charge so much for them...

If you wanted to make sure to have the flowers on Valentines pick up a bunch a good few days beforehand try to get ones that havent opened up properly yet...Stick them in some water in a not so warm room with a bit of flat 7 up and a bit of sugar and they should keep fresh for ages makes them last longer..

Had my first valentines last year and rather than heading out in town we said we would take a trip to Glengarrif it was great and fairly cheap...I cant remember the name of the place we stayed it is just as you come into the town..There are lovely walks around the area and you can get one of the chaps to take you out on the boat around garnish island...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭abi2007

Rip off much?

If my boyfriend spent 90 euro on flowers that are going to die in a few days i'd be so sad, much rather a shopping voucher or something I could use like a bath set, or heart slippers that someone mentioned or a teddy.

I found this great website, they sell personlised roses or star and such. Dinner is always popular and my last rolo has proven to be great. You can always do a weekend together or helicopter flights. There are plenty of stuff to do at this website.

Check the website here.
    http://www.goldenmoments.ie
    http://www.goldenmoments.ie/special-gifts/

Highly recommended.

You seem to highly recommend these guys a lot in your first 4 posts.:rolleyes:

http://wwww.boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=10301992

Advertisement