Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is an OK wedding present?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Myself and my english wife got married in 2010. She was utterly astonished after the wedding when we were opening envelopes in our flat from our Irish guests with hundreds of euros falling out.

We felt so strange about it, but the money in those envelopes was amazing. Totally unexpected, as we'd already lumbered them with travelling over here and booking their own hotel. We still have every penny that was given in an account in our little boy's name now.

All our guests said they had a great day though, which was good. Still odd though, we spent what we could afford on the day....we got 150 euro from my uncle who couldn't even make it! Absolutely crazy.

Weddings are a minefield for this stuff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement