Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hi May have the wrong section Christmas idea

Options
  • 04-11-2008 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭

Hi i'm posting here as im looking for a few ideas for christmas for my g/f we going out over a year now and her birthday is in january too so im racking my brain for ideas.

I'v already bought her amounts of perfume as she loves it and some jewlerry for her bday/christmas/valentines last year.

So now i have actually run out ideas i just want ti know is there anyone who could give a few suggestions , i.e go away somewhere for a few days ?

I was thinking of buying her real uggs but she rumbled me yesterday so im not sure to still go ahead with this idea ?? This girl has everything and i rwally dont know what else to buy her ???

Any help be aprreciated :D:D:D:D

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Buy her tickets for a formula 1 race - best damn present i ever got

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

Buy her tickets for a formula 1 race - best damn present i ever got

Oh my god that would actually be the besr pressie ever! Or I'd actually love one of those topgift things were ya get to fly a helicopter or race and car in Mondello

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭RVN10

lol are ye being serious ??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Ok so she copped to the uggs, well then if she doesnt get them then she might get annoyed?

ya she coped it no clues or nothing , but i was still thinkin of the uggs and somethin else but what is the question id love to take her to paris or something ??

• Advertisement

Chubb76 wrote: »

yes....
    ya she coped it no clues or nothing , but i was still thinkin of the uggs and somethin else but what is the question id love to take her to paris or something ??

Paris would be amazing also.

SarahJ wrote: »
    yes....

Paris would be amazing also.

ya thats what i thought i just recently started a new job , has anyone ever been is it expensive ? Anybody got any ideas ?

I've been a couple times, ya can get hotels fairly cheap, as none of them are anything to write home about imo.

i see , i'd have to go from shannon but the only thing it flys into paris beauvais , anyone fly to there and is it far ? Im full of questions today ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

i see , i'd have to go from shannon but the only thing it flys into paris beauvais , anyone fly to there and is it far ? Im full of questions today ;)

Ryanair do a bus into the city from beauvais. It takes about an hour from what i can remember and is less stressful than their tube system when you have luggage. Paris sounds romantic but i've been there a fair bit and it rarely is. Unless you can afford the really nice hotels and restaurants think of it as slightly cheaper than dublin. I'd imagin a few places in provence or on the southern coast would be more romantic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 tatt chic

going away for a weekend foreign is going to be expensive, what about a night in a spa hotel with a few treatments? not as expensive!

nice keep them ideas flowing i like the sounds of the Spa one , is there any good 1's in ireland to go to ? Cos i get uggs and dat , she lik such a hard person to buy for so have to think outside the box lik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 tatt chic

Monart in Wexford, pricey but so luxurious, i can personally recommend that and to be honest, it is expensive so if you do go with the spa idea then thats enough.

http://www.monart.ie/?r=3631054&gclid=CJSn26XP25YCFQtCMAodB0A23Q

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Woodlands Hotel in Limerick or Hodson Bay Hotel in Athlone. The Hodson bay does a lovely couples spa day, did it with my oh about 18 months ago, just gorgeous

YES, OF COURSE I AM

Personally,if someone handed me a pair of uggs for christmas, i would ugg the person straight out the door and that would be end of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

A hot air balloon ride.

Personally,if someone handed me a pair of uggs for christmas, i would ugg the person straight out the door and that would be end of them

Lol but i gettin the real deal ya know the ones that are like 230euro none this penny's ****

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Looby_Loo

Lol but i gettin the real deal ya know the ones that are like 230euro none this penny's ****

Have to agree with the pfb, I would get the receipt though before doing any chucking. But if she is into that sort of stuff she might be disapointed if they don't turn up.

please finish this sentence: -

and that makes a difference because...............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

How about a Nintendo DS? Im not a gamey type but my BF suprised me with one and I love it!

• Advertisement

because pink fluffy bunny , apparntley the fake uggs fall apart after a few wears whereas the real ones dont ? And thumpette oddly enough she already has one hence why this is so hard :S

but uggs boots are horredous and people are unable to walk probably in them, they apparently are just be able to drag their feet along the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

but uggs boots are horredous and people are unable to walk probably in them, they apparently are just be able to drag their feet along the ground

I think the OP should be given a bit of credit for coming up with an idea he'd know his GF would like... what we think of Ugg boots is fairly irrelevant as long as she likes them. My Mum wants a pair for Xmas, and she'll be getting a pair even though I think they're awful.

shellyboo wrote: »
    I think the OP should be given a bit of credit for coming up with an idea he'd know his GF would like... what we think of Ugg boots is fairly irrelevant as long as she likes them. My Mum wants a pair for Xmas, and she'll be getting a pair even though I think they're awful.

See this is the problem we dont know his girlfriend, so how could we know what she wants for christmas.

personally i dont want ugg boots but would love some forumla 1 tickets, or a kestral walk, or a parachute jump or a tank ride

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Moved from The Ladies Lounge

Advertisement