Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

If you could go on the beer with one person from history who would it be?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭TheBlackPill

I'd say Freud was an obnoxious bore and cocaine would only have made him even worse.

I'd probably take Jesus for a beer and ask him: dafuq?

Bet you nowadays he'd be turning water to craft beers and aged whiskey

He also stated that Irish were too congenitally retarded to benefit from psychoanalysis. ie nothing going on upstairs to analyse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭TheBlackPill

Arthur Guinness just as he starting brewing and offer him a tenner for his brewery.
    Would probably only sell to a fellow loyalist

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Tom Crean.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,354 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Would probably only sell to a fellow loyalist

800 years of blah di blah and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,354 ✭✭✭corner of hells

He also stated that Irish were too congenitally retarded to benefit from psychoanalysis. ie nothing going on upstairs to analyse

An urban myth , its attributed to the score from the film " the departed " , so in effect Martin Scorsese is responsible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Jenna Jameson
    A quick beer a couple of blue tablets and straight to the cot.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

has to be JC

Lots of questions to ask

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

has to be JC

Lots of questions to ask

Ask him why did he really hit that producer and did the bbc really beg him to come back .... get all the mud man !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Robin Williams, had a great sense of humour. Maybe Dean Martin or going back Brian Boru.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

My old man, we often used to go for two pints and a serious chat and then the very odd time ended up having an unplanned session with his friends in his local.

Jesus they were some characters and they thought the world of him.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,911 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

I'm pretty sure he said we were so practiced at repression that we were impervious to free association (that was the basis of his therapeutic technique at the time). Not sure he implied they were thick.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,405 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

CageWager wrote: »
    Hitler

I think he was a bit of a goody two shoes guy. Wouldnt touch a drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Socrates

Go easy on the hemlock, the hangover is a killer.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭beachhead

Joan of Arc to convert her or ask her burning question.Dean Martin as wing man

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Julius Caesar.

A soldier, celebrity, general, statesman, dictator, poet, historian. He literally created the Roman Empire.

Besides the language barrier, I can't think of a better person.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭saabsaab

I think he was a bit of a goody two shoes guy. Wouldnt touch a drink.

Hitler didn't smoke, hardly ever drank and didn't eat meat. Must have got his kicks in other ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

saabsaab wrote: »
    Hitler didn't smoke, hardly ever drank and didn't eat meat. Must have got his kicks in other ways.

Fair dues.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

saabsaab wrote: »
    He did smoke quite heavily in his younger years, found them a nightmare to give up and became an ardent born again anti smoker later on. Kicked off the first anti tobacco legislation in the world. He was big into being a vegetarian alright, apparently because - and as it turned out a horrific irony and blasphemy against mankind - he couldn't abide the suffering of animals... Brought in the first anti animal experimentation legislation too. Human experimentation on the other hand... :mad:

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Hitler was a ******t

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

your girlfriend/wife

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Hitler was a ******t

Nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Liam28

Great questions OP, one of the best on AH for a while. So, loads to go drinking with for loads of different reasons:
    JC seems like a popular choice, but a sesh with a 33 yr old virgin living with his Mom is not my idea of fun.
    The original JC, Julius Caesar, would be more interesting, as would Genghis Khan or Alexander the Great.
    Love to pick some of the big brains like Gallileo, da Vinci, Newton, Einstein but might not be the best craic ever.
    If I had one shot at a session, it would have to be the best sesh ever, so a bender with Georgie Best in his heyday would be some craic. Anything could happen. Same with Alex Higgins. Throw in Moss Keane, and the rounds would be lethal: champagne for Bestie, whiskey for Hurricane, 8 pints of stout for Moss, pint for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Rory Gallagher and Bob Marley and Lady Di and Elvis and Curt Cobain and Serge Gainsbourg and Marilyn Monroe and Mae West and others

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

EBZQk1O.jpg

Title reminded me of this :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Richie Benaud. (he was a cricketer/commentator)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 missie1234

Jack The Ripper - to find out his/her identity...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Hunter S. Thompson

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭trashcan

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Definitely Hitler or one of them mad fellas

Did anyone else read that in a Fr Dougal voice ? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

God ...

I'd like to have a word on a few things
    Obviously he'd be buying or just creating the drinks and snacks ..

Maybe just before Genesis and the whole - 'In the beginning' stuff ..

Or maybe I'm thinking of Jean Luc Picard :🀔:

Advertisement