Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who'd live in a house like this? Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Tabnabs wrote: »
    And the odd trip to Brazil?

more argentina, but close enough

• Registered Users Posts: 28,047 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The log cabin is appealing in many ways, but I think I would get fed up of all that wood.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭wassie

Tabnabs wrote: »
    The (almost) million quid log cabin in Meath. It's far from the prairie this place was conceived.

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/the-log-house-kilcarty-kilmessan-co-meath-c15-v292/4503923

Actually sold for €995k back in Sept 2018 - now advertised for €950.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭James 007

looksee wrote: »
    The log cabin is appealing in many ways, but I think I would get fed up of all that wood.
    Me too, but you know what if you painted the wood white in certain rooms then I would probably be fine with it. Put up some nice colour painted pictures & it would help break the monotony of it:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

miamee wrote: »
    Even the dining chairs have blankets on them...place must be freezing :D

Haha I thought the same! BER is a B3 though for whatever thats worth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,330 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I think all the rugs and other soft furnishings are to break up all the wood and give a Scandinavian aesthetic. It would be very austere and bland without them.

I'd be more concerned about the heat in summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,867 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

You'd have to be a shareholder in Ronseal with that place.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Oops!

Who is the former Tipperary business man owner of that place in Kenmare?

more argentina, but close enough

Brazil was where the super secret ops were carried out as the above documentary details.

:D

Somebody watched a tad too much Grizzly Adams growing up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

• Registered Users Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

irish_goat wrote: »

Property Facilities
    Parking
    Pets Allowed
    Wheelchair Access
    Smoking

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I'm not a political person but crap like that just makes me so so angry. We've known since pre-2008 that our housing system was broken. Well over a decade later it's just gotten worse.

A roof over your head is a basic right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

That house, and most of the other crackdens/mobile homes/bedsits for rent in that area are owned by the same person, an.. ethnic minority.. who does not issue contracts, or give notice when people are no longer wanted in a property.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

I'm not a political person but crap like that just makes me so so angry. We've known since pre-2008 that our housing system was broken. Well over a decade later it's just gotten worse.

The landlord should be beaten, tarred and feathered. I love how they have described it as a 6-bedroom, when all they have done is squeeze dirty beds into every room in the house. And to charge €1,650 per month for it? I'd feel sorry for a homeless person living there.

And that toilet is absolutely disgusting. Nobody should ever be forced to live like that.
    554132.jpg

The fact that they don't show the bathroom or the 6th "bedroom" makes me fear for the worst.

I also feel very sorry for the neighbours as one can only imagine the type of tenants who would end up taking this place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭wassie

That house, and most of the other crackdens/mobile homes/bedsits for rent in that area are owned by the same person, an.. ethnic minority.. who does not issue contracts, or give notice when people are no longer wanted in a property.
    Rented by peeps who aren't particularly interested in contracts I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭Suckler

wassie wrote: »

Agreed. Paperwork of any sort tieing them to the property wouldn't be required. Just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Crack houses are in vogue anyway. Over 10 of them in Tallaght.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,003 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Don't be too hard on the landlord..they have it available for you "a mediately".

To thine own self be true

dotsman wrote: »
    I also feel very sorry for the neighbours as one can only imagine the type of tenants who would end up taking this place.

Fancy dans only need apply, what with it being accompanied by a toilet seat. Although one absent a lid. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

wassie wrote: »

Problem is, go through the list of properties for rent in that area - if you're on a budget, you don't have many other options

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭LaChatteGitane

How dare they actually. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

“6 bedroom bungalow” - only because they threw a manky mattress into every room. They should have gone the whole hog and lashed one into the jacks too and called it 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,805 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I dunno, I see massage parlour potential in the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

There is a container of bleach in one of the pictures , dont know why they bothered with that as clearly the place has not been cleaned down prior to the pictures getting taken.
    The mould on the walls would be making you sick just looking at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,003 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

And the 2 single beds lumped together as a "double" aren't even the same height..although that would be the least of your complaints :o

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

That kitchen floor makes me feel slightly dizzy, just looking at the picture of it.

Me too. I’m assuming the room measures 80m x 6m or is that an optical illusion:)

It's practically in the train station too, would be a handy base for commuting up and down the rail line to move gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Fancy dans only need apply, what with it being accompanied by a toilet seat. Although one absent a lid. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't worry about the lack of a toilet seat or lid. I'd be perfecting my hover if I had to use that jacks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

The carpet in the jacks! I can smell it!

Advertisement