Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who'd live in a house like this? Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Same here. I can't figure it out at all. What's the purpose of having it over the stairs!

Looking at it again. does it fold away when not in use? That leg at the front going under then the bed up against the wall? Space saver?

Love the wee steps!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Holy sh1t, I know we have shoeboxes here but the Parisians have matchboxes in comparison. Have been snowboarding in France several times and the ski resorts are located in massive mountain ranges with unlimited space yet they still expect four people to live cramped up in 25sqm for an entire week with wet clothes trying to get dry everywhere. Its a night mare and you pay through the nose for it too. I dont know what it is with the French being tightarses and building such small spaces in places where there is acres and acres of free land.

Is that 'maisonette' really only 6sqm though? Looks more like 10 or 12 to me. Maybe they only count physical floor space in Paris or something?

Well, you could get a glass of water without getting out of "bed"! BED? A folding chair is not a bed...Even in prison there is a bed.

humberklog wrote: »

Yikes. Horrible interior.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Inside is aright but 2million is mental money for that

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

humberklog wrote: »

I'm going to go against the grain here and say that it isn't a bad house. It's actually quite nice. You have to see past the gaudy furniture and trinkets. Get rid of that and the place would be totally different. Even the grey would be easier on the eyes if there wasn't so much horrible furniture and ornaments in the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I'm going to go against the grain here and say that it isn't a bad house. It's actually quite nice. You have to see past the gaudy furniture and trinkets. Get rid of that and the place would be totally different. Even the grey would be easier on the eyes if there wasn't so much horrible furniture and ornaments in the place.
    I really like the Gothic woodwork in pic 10, but I hate the mirrored alcoves in many rooms. Probably their purpose is to increase the light in the rooms, but a lighter shade of grey would have done the trick. It's a bit overwhelming as it is.
    Gerry would probably have laughed at those close ups of doorknobs. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

BattleCorp wrote: »

Yeah I actually agree with you. A stunning house. All it needs it some new paint.

Just realised that during college I lived right behind Gerry on the Stiles Road. Never knew I was potentially rubbing shoulders with minor celebrities.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,989 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

https://www.daft.ie/dublin/houses-for-sale/ticknock/ticknock-rd-ticknock-dublin-2472459/

Think this was on here before, A one-bedroom house (shed) for sale in Ticknock in the Dublin Mountains for 315k.
    "Shared Driveway" and "Huge potential to extend this property up to 40 square metres without planning permission" should ring alarm bells.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

retalivity wrote: »
    https://www.daft.ie/dublin/houses-for-sale/ticknock/ticknock-rd-ticknock-dublin-2472459/

Think this was on here before, A one-bedroom house (shed) for sale in Ticknock in the Dublin Mountains for 315k.
    "Shared Driveway" and "Huge potential to extend this property up to 40 square metres without planning permission" should ring alarm bells.

Yeah its a granny flat in someone elses garden for 315k.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Scribbler100

All heating including hot water and shower seems to be run on electricity. With a rating of BER D1, that's going to result in fairly pricey electricity bills.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

I can't understand why anyone would put leaded window panes in a modern build. They're hideous and don't belong in anything built in the last 150 years or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Seamai wrote: »
    I can't understand why anyone would put leaded window panes in a modern build. They're hideous and don't belong in anything built in the last 150 years or more.

Very popular in the 1980s in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

The Nal wrote: »
    Very popular in the 1980s in Ireland.

I know they were, so were massive shoulder pads and leg warmers 🀣

Seamai wrote: »

I don't see any problem with them to be honest. I must be getting old. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

This property is a one off and very rarely does a property like this come to the market.

Aint that a fact!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,799 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

You know what? That would suit me down to the ground. As long as it had good internet, I'd happily live in that.

For €150k max though. And it's gone up €16k since April?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Odelay

You know what? That would suit me down to the ground. As long as it had good internet, I'd happily live in that.

For €150k max though. And it's gone up €16k since April?!

I’d that over a one bed apartment any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

^^^
    An architect designed and extended spacious family home.

The architect used crayons...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

£500 a month studio in Manchester(5 miles from city center) it does include all bills but wondering what all the tinfoil is for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

RasTa wrote: »
    £500 a month studio in Manchester(5 miles from city center) it does include all bills but wondering what all the tinfoil is for
    Cheap home-made splash-guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Looks like the microwave door was replaced at some point in it's life. The brown tape on the homemade splash-guard seals the deal

• Registered Users Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

RasTa wrote: »

That's small money for a room in a lot worse locations to be fair.

Tinfoil is a bit mad alright.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭flazio

As a stop gap while looking for somewhere better, it would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

interesting thread

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

inforfun wrote: »
    Dont forget, it is The Netherlands.
    We are tall....

I run into toilets every now and then where i need binoculars to see if there is one down there.
    (Toilet i mean, don't be funny)

So how do you fit in the half height shower???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

https://www.daft.ie/meath/houses-for-sale/navan/dollardstown-beauparc-navan-meath-2737982/

This little beaut is on the other side of Navan, only a 170k......... a snip for a G Rated house.
    Whats the concrete blocks in the garden? Some sort makeshift septic tank?

I cant see it being sorted out for for at least 260K (including price, legal fees etc)
    Insulation, making a cat or a dog of the failed extension, the garden...... It makes me cry to look at it.
    Imagine the eyesore for the neighbours?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

https://www.daft.ie/meath/houses-for-sale/navan/dollardstown-beauparc-navan-meath-2737982/

This little beaut is on the other side of Navan, only a 170k......... a snip for a G Rated house.
    Whats the concrete blocks in the garden? Some sort makeshift septic tank?

I cant see it being sorted out for for at least 260K (including price, legal fees etc)
    Insulation, making a cat or a dog of the failed extension, the garden...... It makes me cry to look at it.
    Imagine the eyesore for the neighbours?

So in total at least 450k for a small kip out in sh1thole Meath ?

Christ am I glad I left Ireland, I moan about Spain a lot, but f*ck me , paradise compared ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

So in total at least 450k for a small kip out in sh1thole Meath ?

Christ am I glad I left Ireland, I moan about Spain a lot, but f*ck me , paradise compared ...

ITs not even in the nice part of Meath. Given that Navan is nice but its not worth that price! Probably worth right now 90k for the site with planning permission and just knock and rebuild. ITs a mess. The bank will sell it as a going concern next summer probably

• Advertisement

ITs not even in the nice part of Meath. Given that Navan is nice but its not worth that price! Probably worth right now 90k for the site with planning permission and just knock and rebuild. ITs a mess. The bank will sell it as a going concern next summer probably

The fact that it's a semi makes it harder and more expensive to knock. Steer well clear unless it's going for a song. And by a song I mean about €40k - €50k.

Advertisement