Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rent Increase Above RPZ Limits

• 10-09-2019 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but LL just texting me informing she's going to be increasing the rent from October onwards, its above the 4% max increase and also not enough notice (suppose to be 90 days)
    Any advise on standing up for my rights without getting on bad terms with LL?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Lawliet wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but LL just texting me informing she's going to be increasing the rent from October onwards, its above the 4% max increase and also not enough notice (suppose to be 90 days)
    Any advise on standing up for my rights without getting on bad terms with LL?
    You are in a rent pressure zone, renting for more than six months / have a part four tenancy and are a tenant rather than a licencee?

If yes to all then can reply pointing out the relevant parts of the Residental Tenancy Act re. notice period for an increase and the online rent increase calculator https://onestopshop.rtb.ie/calculator/rpz for the permissable increase.

The 4% is per anum so if the rent has not been set / increased for several years a highre increase is possible. When was the rental amount last increased or reviewed ?

If you have a part four tenancy it can only be terminated inthe limited circumstances allowed by the Residential Tenancy Act.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

You are in a rent pressure zone, renting for more than six months / have a part four tenancy and are a tenant rather than a licencee?
    Its a rent pressure zone and I've been renting here for 2+ years. Not sure what a licencee is, but the place isn't owner occupied, I'm just a regular tenant.
    If yes to all then can reply pointing out the relevant parts of the Residental Tenancy Act re. notice period for an increase and the online rent increase calculator https://onestopshop.rtb.ie/calculator/rpz for the permissable increase.

The 4% is per anum so if the rent has not been set / increased for several years a highre increase is possible. When was the rental amount last increased or reviewed ?
    Ah so if they haven't raised it in 2 years they can increase it up 8% now, that's about what they're asking for so that's grand

Thanks for the help!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note

Thread split

Advertisement