Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BER Assessment & Fingal County Council check - Renting

• 03-10-2018 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi All,

I was hoping if anyone has received anything similar experience renting. The company that works with our Landlord requested that Fingal County Council did a check on the property and this was to make sure the Fire exits were all to regulation, there were a lot more checks and that we were renting in good conditions.

But as part of this, they are coming back to make sure the boiler was serviced and this went ahead as it alway's does. But now the company is requesting a BER assessment?

I am finding this very odd as a request? Has anyone experienced checks like this? We have been renting in the same apartment for over five years and not experience this.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

MsJane wrote: »
    Hi All,

I was hoping if anyone has received anything similar experience renting. The company that works with our Landlord requested that Fingal County Council did a check on the property and this was to make sure the Fire exits were all to regulation, there were a lot more checks and that we were renting in good conditions.

But as part of this, they are coming back to make sure the boiler was serviced and this went ahead as it alway's does. But now the company is requesting a BER assessment?

I am finding this very odd as a request? Has anyone experienced checks like this? We have been renting in the same apartment for over five years and not experience this.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

A BER Cert is a legal requirement for all rented dwellings. The landlord must have one in place. Are you the tenant or the landlord?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Cert is valid for 10 years. Put the MPRN in to the SEAI site and it'll pull up the most recent if there is one

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MsJane

kceire wrote: »
    A BER Cert is a legal requirement for all rented dwellings. The landlord must have one in place. Are you the tenant or the landlord?

Hi Kceire and L1011,

Thanks for replying, I am a tenant. Is this required if we are renting over 5 years and the Landlord may be just informed to get his updated or provide one?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The one from 5 years ago is going to be valid still unless it was over 5 years old already. It's the landlords role to supply it here

If it has expired the landlord will need to pay for the assessment which takes around an hour on-site

Advertisement