Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

• 21-04-2017 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,521 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

**NB the move to Vanilla has made it impossible to update this OP properly (please excuse the formatting etc - not much I can do I'm afraid). Full details etc. will normally be posted in the latest update post which should be in the last page or two of this thread, and is linked below. I normally have a new selection most months.**

Luxury / niche fragrance splits

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - SEPTEMBER 2022

*CURRENT FRAGRANCES *

Current fragrances are listed in this post:

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/119588675/#Comment_119588675

Bottle sizes

Glass bottles: 25 / 30 ml (same bottle), 50ml.

Plastic bottles: 10ml, 20ml.

"Open splits" need to get a minimum number of people signed up to go ahead.

Shipping

An Post tracked parcel service: €11 for up to 5 or 6 bottles depending on size. This option must be used for glass bottles.

An Post standard service: €4.60 - only available for plastic bottles (10 / 20ml). Max seven 10ml or three 20ml bottles. Not tracked or insured!

Full payment details will be provided by PM / email - I take Revolut, bank transfer, or PayPal.

So, what happens?

These fragrance splits are group buys. If there is sufficient interest, I will buy a large bottles of normally very expensive fragrances and split them into smaller portions and send to those who sign up.

Are the fragrances in their original bottles and packaging?

Some are. Unless otherwise stated, the original fragrances are hand decanted by me into high quality empty glass or plastic bottles and do not come with their original packaging. It is however, exactly the same scent. Some splits will be offered in the original bottle (generally 50ml in original 100ml bottles).

What’s the story with pricing and payment?

Price for each fragrance is listed in its section – all prices are far lower than the comparable cost of buying a small bottle at retail, or give the opportunity to try something hard to find without risking the price of a full bottle. Full payment must be paid in advance – I can’t take the risk of being stuck with an enormous bottle of fragrance costing several hundred! Payment via Revolut, Paypal or direct bank transfer.

All split prices should be taken as provisional – until I order the juice I do not know if or when the cost from my suppliers will change. In other words, get your name down fast if interested! Some splits may be especially time limited due to a specific offer etc – I’ll note this where relevant.

What’s the story with shipping?

Normally by parcel service, additional to purchase price. Ireland. Shipping in Ireland is €11 for up to 4 bottles. Collection in Cork (free) is welcomed and encouraged.

I cannot accept liability for packages once I leave them with the courier but will assist in the unlikely event of a claim. I don’t expect this to happen though – see reports from this thread of how well the bottles are protected!

If you buy a split and pay for shipping now, I will 'pause' your package to combine shipping with future splits if you wish.

10ml or 20ml splits which have been bottled in plastic may also be shipped via An Post for €4.60 (up to seven 10ml or three 20ml).

What will I get?

Your selected fragrance in a high quality bottle with atomiser spray and label – either for a lot less than it normally costs or for a price which risks a lot less than buying a full bottle - or both.

What’s the timelines?

If all places for a particular split are taken, I will ask for payment from everyone. When everyone has paid I will order the fragrance, bottles, atomisers, packaging, etc. I may occasionally delay ordering for one split if another is near closing so as to combine on shipping etc. Splits will be done and posted ASAP after I get all the supplies but do bear in mind that I have a full time job and two small kids so time is sometimes scarce!

What happens if not enough people sign up to a particular split?

Nothing! I collect no money and buy no juice.

What happens if someone signs up and doesn’t pay?

They ruin it for everyone as I won’t buy until everyone has paid. Non payers will be excluded from future splits. In the event of sufficient interest in a split, I will run a ‘reserve’ list. Popular splits will be repeated.

Do I have to buy them all?

No, you can buy as few or as many as you want.

Batch variations etc

I have no control over which batch of a particular fragrance I will receive so can’t make any guarantees. Personally, I think the whole issue is wildly overblown on certain forums…..

I bought a fragrance but I didn't like it

Tastes differ in everything, and fragrance is no different! I'll always note where I know a scent is 'controversial'. Unfortunately there's an element of 'pot luck' in blind buying fragrances - for Creeds at least, it's worth trying Brown Thomas as they have testers in stock. Regretfully, I cannot take returns or allow people buy / sell / trade their splits on this thread.

I’ve got another query

Just ask below.

How do I sign up?

PM me or post below asking for the particular split/s you want and I’ll add you to the.

I bought some stuff from you - I want you to be nice to me in future!

No problem - prior purchasers get advanced notice of new splits, and the opportunity to put their name on the list before it opens to all.
    Post edited by Wibbs on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Put me down for an Aventus please. Cheers. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭dendof

Please put me down for:

Creed Aventus eau de parfum
    Hermes Terre d’Hermes parfum

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Aventus please
    thanks

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,031 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Stick me in the pot again please.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,521 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

beertons wrote: »
    Stick me in the pot again please.

For which beertons?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

Hi, thanks for running this again.

Can you put me down for:
    - Creed Aventus eau de parfum
    - Hermes Terre d’Hermes parfum

Thanks again.
    Mitch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Aventus if available, cheers!

Edit: and a Terre d'hermes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Creed Aventus 50ML is €200? The 75ML is €195...

Stick me down for Creed Aventus - stuff is as good as sex panther.

Couple of PMs in. AVENTUS SOLD OUT - pending confirmation from beertons, although I'm presuming he wants it.

Will run another Aventus split shortly.

Keyzer wrote: »
    Creed Aventus 50ML is €200? The 75ML is €195...

Stick me down for Creed Aventus - stuff is as good as sex panther.

Haven't actually seen it listed anywhere in Ireland yet, but the new 50ml is £170stg on the main UK sites - and yes, they brought in new smaller sizes (50ml, 100ml) for the same price as the outgoing 75ml and 120ml!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Iwouldinmesack

Hermes for me please and in for aventus if possible, many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I see Aventus is full, may I be added to the list should someone drop out?

Terre d'Hermes sold out!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭OldRio

Put me down for 1xAventus and 2x Amouge

• Registered Users Posts: 15,698 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

put me down for all 4 please.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,698 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

so you buy a large jar of stuff, and split it evenly amoungst 5 smaller containers?

Padraig, any chance of doing more Creeds. I'd love to get my hands on the likes of Silver Mountain Water, Virgin Island water, Millesime Imperial , Erolfa ect... Great scents for the coming summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Throw me down on the reserve list for Aventus please!

so you buy a large jar of stuff, and split it evenly amoungst 5 smaller containers?
    post #50
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057714973&page=4

Padraig, any chance of doing more Creeds. I'd love to get my hands on the likes of Silver Mountain Water, Virgin Island water, Millesime Imperial , Erolfa ect... Great scents for the coming summer.

Definitely, if the interest is there. Another Aventus is a given. Thinking of doing Spice & Wood (best fragrance ever!) and Green Irish Tweed soon. VIW is nice too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭Passenger

Man, these splits are popular. Would love to try Spice & Wood.

Pretty much. Depends on the size of the big bottle and the sizes of small bottles available to me! Also original format - spray bottles are a pain as they need to be manually sprayed into the new bottle squirt by squirt - so the only one of these I've listed is the Amouage as it's not available in a decanter / splash bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭supue

Put me down for Aventus if available please and the Atelier

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭supue

And the Amouage please - I already have the Terre D'Hermes

supue wrote: »
    Put me down for Aventus if available please and the Atelier

Finally some love for the Atelier! It's actually the one I'm looking forward to the most (but I have, or have had, all of the other three).

You're on the reserve list for Aventus, which will almost certainly become flacon split #2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Amouge please.
    I've never smelt this before, but I'm not an everyday wearer of fragrances, so think this is the one to go for.

Thanks for organising this.
    You'll have one serious bottle collection by the end :p

Just one slot left on the Amouage folks! Five on the Atelier....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Great stuff Padraig I'm on for the aventus and Terres thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Just one slot left on the Amouage folks! Five on the Atelier....

Reserve list for the Creed please :)

/cheapskate
    Any chance you could do Parcel Motel - Parcel Motel shipping, as it's quite a bit cheaper?
    No worries if it's hassle
    /cheapskate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Definitely, if the interest is there. Another Aventus is a given. Thinking of doing Spice & Wood (best fragrance ever!) and Green Irish Tweed soon. VIW is nice too.

Il be down for these when you decide to do it...

Advertisement