Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Valorant

Options
  • 17-06-2020 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

So what you think guys about valorant ? for me it's still so far away from being a very good mean , its just good that it's free.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Saw gameplays of it... there's too much RNG with the shooting in itself, and it doesn't even look good... looks like its firing out little sparks.

First shot, and it goes well off center? Screw that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Saw gameplays of it... there's too much RNG with the shooting in itself, and it doesn't even look good... looks like its firing out little sparks.

Surely you've played csgo? Every gun has a specific recoil pattern. Takes skill to learn and master. CoD this isn't....

To the thread in general I'm not really convinced. It's a mash up of Overwatch and CSGO and I think it'll be a toxic cluster****. You need all the gun skills, detailed map knowledge of CSGO from where to hold angles, drop smokes etc and then you're making everything even more complex by adding in special skills and ults. You'll have people doing their own thing or the team will crucify you for picking off meta characters etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Surely you've played csgo? Every gun has a specific recoil pattern. Takes skill to learn and master. CoD this isn't....

To the thread in general I'm not really convinced. It's a mash up of Overwatch and CSGO and I think it'll be a toxic cluster****. You need all the gun skills, detailed map knowledge of CSGO from where to hold angles, drop smokes etc and then you're making everything even more complex by adding in special skills and ults. You'll have people doing their own thing or the team will crucify you for picking off meta characters etc.

I said "first" shot... there's no recoil on your first shot...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I said "first" shot... there's no recoil on your first shot...

I just went to check. This is true for handguns and heavies. In SMG and main rifles ADS is pinpoint on first shot.

Well as long as you're standing still, first shot is accurate

Another thread here https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058069834

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

i still can not play ((( i don't undrestand how other players kill me so fast ( i hope with valorant boosting rank i will play better (

Honestly, this is why I avoid "realistic" FPS games - it's too frustrating to lose to 1- headshot weapons.

Sure it's most people's cup of tea, but I prefer Quake-style arena FPS where your movement & map knowledge is key.

*edit*
    Also boosting your rank is a TERRIBLE idea.
    You won't learn anything & will end up in higher-skill games where you die even faster.

i still can not play ((( i don't undrestand how other players kill me so fast ( i hope with valorant boosting rank i will play better (

I think that's just a service to get you a higher rank. You'd play with high rank players who would win for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

anyone still play this regularly? I just started a couple weeks back and have to say I'm enjoying it. Took me a while to get used to the aim(still not amazing) but my K/D is going positie a lot of the times now which is a good start.

Looking for people to play with if anyone is still on,

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

No interest in game whatsoever but very interested in their anti cheat.

Does it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

dreamers75 wrote: »

Does it work?

No..

• Advertisement

I'm gonna say yes. I've yet to come across a blatant cheater or even anyone highly suspicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Have to agree. I've not seen any suspicious kills or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Thhosed

I didn't like it. The physics of shooting, in my opinion, is very bad. Maybe it's just not my thing.

Advertisement