Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bees Wax Wraps

Options
  • 26-12-2019 1:24pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 350 ✭✭

It this stuff really a substitute for cling film? Just from looking at it, it's hard to know if it hard to know if it actually 'clings'! After wrapping it, would you need an elastic band to hold it together?

https://irelandbeeswaxwraps.ie/product/blue-floral-wrap/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Not really, its slightly sticky. It's much thicker than cling film, more like a sort of waxxy parchment paper. But it works well, id recommend it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 350 ✭✭Biodegradable

MadYaker wrote: »
    Not really, its slightly sticky.
    So does dirt stick to it?

And would you need some sort of band to tie it together?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I was interested in using this until I saw the price. I'm afraid my purse can't stretch that far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

It's great stuff, I bought a couple of packs for wrapping rolls and sandwiches and it really does a good job.

Yes they are expensive but will save money in the long run or you can make your own with some cotton, greaseproof paper, beeswax and an iron.

They are washable (soap and cool water does the trick and I hang them to dry) and can be used to wrap foods or as bowl covers. Very environmentally friendly, saves on using plastic or foil plus it's compostable at its end of life.

Pinch or rub to seal with your hands (heat from hands slightly warms the wax and creates a seal/closes wrap), no ties or elastics needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Fleetwoodmac

These are really easy to make yourself... they are expensive to buy, but quite cheap to make at home. Beeswax ( obv), use pellets , jojoba oil and to make it more pliable, resin. All bought at health food shop. We've used old clean cotton and over time if they lose the stickiness, just reapply. Beeswax is antibacterial

• Advertisement
Advertisement