Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

fetac level 6 childcare thread ......

• 28-09-2011 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

hi all, am just wondering if there are many of you who have just completed any of the level 6 childcare components or are currently doing so. If so maybe we could pass on any advice or any tips we could use as part of our assignments..... i am currently doing social & legal .....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

I'm starting the level 6,I think it would be great to have such a thread as we could help each other on ideas etc

haven't yet gotten assignments as I only started this Monday. I'm only in on Mondays,Thursdays and Fridays.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭happydays5

hi ayumi , im glad u think its a good idea and hopefully we'll get alot more to join us online - what module are you doing? Im only doing one night a week....

em Im doing full time and I study 6 modules.I haven't went last week so Im trying my best to catch up as we already have assignments due!

Im doing drama,start your own business,early childhood programmes,child development, social and legal issues in childcare and supervision in childcare.

has anyone bought the books....i don't see many people here doing the lvl 6!

im having a problem with buying the aistear and Bernardo book as i get into the city centre during the week as im busy with college and work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 misemise

Hey guys
    I'm doing level 6 full time at the moment. How are ye finding it? I have 3 assignments due in the next 7 weeks( will have another 2 on top of that but we haven't got them yet)
    There is a lot of work but I'm enjoying the content so far!

• Advertisement

yea same here,Im finding it interesting but at the same time there is soo much to do and to learn!
    I really didnt get into the social and legal module so much in it and the assignment which we are doing in parts is difficult to do! and I love start your own business module it lets you forget about the other modules.We are doing it in groups and we have to give out questionnaires at the moment.Also in drama (performance art) im not getting into as we just got the assignment of making your own lesson plan but were doing it in groups as well.
    Well thats what we have now but Im enjoying it !
    where you doing the level 6?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭happydays5

hi all, i am only doing level 6 on a part time basis so one night a week for 2 and half hours (social and legal at moment) but to be honest i'm finding it hard going - are all our assignments the same (as in the subject of each assignment which we have to work from?) i have found a few good websites to use for research..... i can pass on my info if anyone would like? one of our assignments is about the baby ann case....

are you talking about the case of abuse as it describes on the fetac website because its one of 2 assignment and a project for social and legal but were doing the project at the moment in parts so to get it done by chirstmas
    Im finding this subject hard but other modules are okaish!

im doing at the moment legal and social framework and im lookin for the national childcare strategy online but there is nothing explaining what is and how is it was set up! can anyone help?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Captain Pillowcase

Hi Ayumi,

Look up this link it might help, http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Childcare1.pdf/Files/Childcare1.pdf this might help with the national development plan.

You also want to check out www.omc.gov.ie and look up the diversty and equality in childcare pdf on this site, it's more current and it's the new guidelines.

Basically the development plan was the basis for Aistear etc, it followed the 1996 regulations and has formed childcare as we know it today.

For Aistear you can get this online at www.aistear.ie, and Siolta is www.siolta.ie you might want to look up the white paper for early years education.

Hope it helps = ]

• Advertisement

in the assignment you have three developments in three departments ,
    first one is the national childrens strategy
    then the national childcare strategy
    then the white paper which formed siolta and aistear.
    Im having a problem understanding why the childcare strategy was set up but its okay I will try my best at it with the online resources and sheets.

hows anyone doing the level 6 with 7 weeks done?

i havent seen many reply to this thread sooo where are level 6 childcare students?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭noanoa

Hi everyone,

Just wondering can I join in? Im nearly finished. I have 2 social and legal assignments to which I am finding very hard, I just cant get my head around them for some reason. I did my case study and that was fine.
    I Have completed everything else but that does not mean ill get some back after my tutor reviews them.
    I did enjoy this course when I was in the classroom found it very interesting but think there is a lot of work to do in a small time frame. Some days i just wanted to drop out as I got so stressed!!

noanoa wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Just wondering can I join in? Im nearly finished. I have 2 social and legal assignments to which I am finding very hard, I just cant get my head around them for some reason. I did my case study and that was fine.
    I Have completed everything else but that does not mean ill get some back after my tutor reviews them.
    I did enjoy this course when I was in the classroom found it very interesting but think there is a lot of work to do in a small time frame. Some days i just wanted to drop out as I got so stressed!!
    how did u get all of the assignments done for this module were are still doing the project and its very stressful and its difficult to do, we were told it would be done before chirstmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭noanoa

We started the course in April to finish in October. But because the work load was so big we got till this Friday to finish everything. That wont be happening for me though so need to email her and see will she give me more time.
    For social a legal we got 2 weeks to complete it, but I was finding the essays to difficult and my tutor took ages to email me back so went on to my early childcare programmes. They are way easier, think social and legal was the hardest topic.
    How are you getting on? Is social and legal your first topic?

noanoa wrote: »
    We started the course in April to finish in October. But because the work load was so big we got till this Friday to finish everything. That wont be happening for me though so need to email her and see will she give me more time.
    For social a legal we got 2 weeks to complete it, but I was finding the essays to difficult and my tutor took ages to email me back so went on to my early childcare programmes. They are way easier, think social and legal was the hardest topic.
    How are you getting on? Is social and legal your first topic?

Im doing 6 modules full time from this september to May.I think its the hardest with early childhood programmes,what did you do your lessons on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cottages

any completed this assignment have any ideas on the layout of this
    im just started this course and finding it difficult :eek:

cottages wrote: »
    any completed this assignment have any ideas on the layout of this
    im just started this course and finding it difficult :eek:

what mould is this in ? I have not heard of this assignment

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Rezer

Anyone got the child development observations done?so difficult!:(:mad:

I have done all the assignments for child development,it was not hard to do in comparison with other subjects

• Advertisement

Do you think it is easy?All my class are having problems with it. Seems so long and detailed with all the comparisons and stuff :/ just have the 2nd set done there now!so much to do!where did you complete the course?

Im doing the course in Sallynoggin College,I could help you in the layout

I finished the actual observations today :. still have so much in it to do though!is the proposal to be very detailed?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ruskey!

hi all - i'm only getting around to starting - and am considering doing it by distance learning with CMIT or Progressive College - as i work in a childcare setting 5 days per week - class attendance would be very difficult for me - has anyone taken this route ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 shirleym

Hi ladies + gents?
    have just started the fetac level 6 childcare. Is there anyone out there who has finished who is prepared to send copies of their work?

I am living in Germany and find some tasks quite confusing. Am starting with the unit Personal Development Planning and Time Management etc. Would be greatful for any help. Cheers,

Shirley:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 VenessaKelly

ruskey! wrote: »
    hi all - i'm only getting around to starting - and am considering doing it by distance learning with CMIT or Progressive College - as i work in a childcare setting 5 days per week - class attendance would be very difficult for me - has anyone taken this route ?

Hi I've started the online course not that long along. Only finished the level 5 in June and just thought might as well do the level 6 while I'm still in the routine. Have started working in Childcare only recently. Everything else I've done for course work was all through my work exp. finding the distance learning very hard. I've submitted the supervision and got some changes to make ( they give you frig all advice) a d when I resubmitted to double check all I got was a thanks and that was it, it got marked. So just be careful with your submitting and make sure you get all the information you need. I've some work done for the child dev and most of the work done for early childhood prog. But struggling on some of the social and legal. I submitted it once so need any and all advice. How are you finding it?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭somegirl2009

For those of you have done level 6, and those going to do it can you tell me what you hope to get out of it, and what opportunities in work etc are out there for people with this qualification ? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 VenessaKelly

For those of you have done level 6, and those going to do it can you tell me what you hope to get out of it, and what opportunities in work etc are out there for people with this qualification ? thanks

Hoping to go on and do my degree do thought it would be a good start to have level 6. A lot of work places will ask for level 6 or even level 7

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭lynyg18

Hi I've started the online course not that long along. Only finished the level 5 in June and just thought might as well do the level 6 while I'm still in the routine. Have started working in Childcare only recently. Everything else I've done for course work was all through my work exp. finding the distance learning very hard. I've submitted the supervision and got some changes to make ( they give you frig all advice) a d when I resubmitted to double check all I got was a thanks and that was it, it got marked. So just be careful with your submitting and make sure you get all the information you need. I've some work done for the child dev and most of the work done for early childhood prog. But struggling on some of the social and legal. I submitted it once so need any and all advice. How are you finding it?

I have just started doing the fetac level 6 distance learning too very difficult as not really sure what is expected! Im doing the supervision module at the moment. Could you help with any tips please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 shirleym

lynyg18 wrote: »
    I have just started doing the fetac level 6 distance learning too very difficult as not really sure what is expected! Im doing the supervision module at the moment. Could you help with any tips please?

Hi lynyg18,
    Who are you doing the course with? I signed up with the open college. Hope all works well with them. So far they have always been prepared to help. I have recieved the Supervision module and Special needs. What are you stuck with?

Advertisement