Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tackle shops

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Audioslave82

New tackle shop opened in Portlaoise, cant recall the name of it but its located at the round about at the cinema, just down from the train st.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 redmousey

Theres a new shop opened in cloyne. East cork bait and tackle. Only been in once but a good shop and friendly service. He carries nationwide baits too so you know they will be top quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭weatherbyfoxer

New tackle shop opened in Portlaoise, cant recall the name of it but its located at the round about at the cinema, just down from the train st.

that place is the polish tackle shop called mackles tackle shop...

• Registered Users Posts: 41 gashead

Woodies in Naas and Lucan stock tackle now. Might be handy on a Sunday morning for a few missing bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭TheBody

gashead wrote: »
    Woodies in Naas and Lucan stock tackle now. Might be handy on a Sunday morning for a few missing bits.

Woodies in Mullingar has it too. Must be rolled out in all their stores.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

TheBody wrote: »
    Woodies in Mullingar has it too. Must be rolled out in all their stores.

Yeah, i mentioned it earlier in the thread. based on the woodies in Cork Picked up a cheap reel there last year and used it a few times. Not too bad. Their terminal tackle is horrendously overpriced tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Sportsdirect.com are selling the same brand products as are in the Woodies. A much greater selection actually.

http://www.sportsdirect.com/Fishing/All-Fishing

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭bayliner

closing down sale in scully guns and tackle athlone, all half price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

bayliner wrote: »
    closing down sale in scully guns and tackle athlone, all half price

When did it start? Is there much stock there do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭bayliner

Pj! wrote: »
    When did it start? Is there much stock there do you know?
    not sure when it started, good bit left when i was in there last week,
    it was a very heavily stocked shop, and not so much cheap stuff(clothing wise etc),its starting to thin out but still plenty there, just depends what you after i suppose i'll be calling in 2moro hopefully to see if can get line for fly rod and whatever else i can see worth a punt :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Do they sell bait in there? There used to be a bait shop just down the road, towards the town centre, in Lucan but the shutters have been down the last few times I passed by. Can't remember the shop name but I suspect it is closed down. It used to be good if you needed some bait in a rush.

COYW wrote: »

Do they sell bait in there? There used to be a bait shop just down the road, towards the town centre, in Lucan but the shutters have been down the last few times I passed by. Can't remember the shop name but I suspect it is closed down. It used to be good if you needed some bait in a rush.

I doubt it tbh. The ones in cork have lots of bits and pieces but in the form of terminal tackle and budget rods and reels. No bait unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 34 leesaunders

Has anyone ever ordered gear from Cabela's? Just wondering on shipping etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭dmc17

Thought about it but the shipping is minimum $20 from what I could see

• Registered Users Posts: 14 CleanBurning

Have been pondering the same, even with shipping etc their soft plastic lures will still be worth it.

Also looking at the Daiwa Spinmatic pack rods for a 4 piece ultralight spinning rod, want something for LRF that I can take on holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭dmc17

Have been pondering the same, even with shipping etc their soft plastic lures will still be worth it.

Also looking at the Daiwa Spinmatic pack rods for a 4 piece ultralight spinning rod, want something for LRF that I can take on holiday.

I reckon AGM Fishing in the UK look good value for soft plastics.
    You'll probably have to factor in customs charges too if ordering from Cabelas

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

New Tackle shop on Shankill main street, south Dublin, open a couple of months now, handy for anyone beach fishing in Killiney Bay and in need of supplies or bait.

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭coolhandspan

mia main irish angling ballycoolin , great bunch of lads , good prices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

COYW wrote: »

Just to update this. Passed by the shop in Lucan last week and it is open.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lubo the great

Where is the nearest place to Portlaoise i can get some peeler crab for a sea fishing trip i goin on shortly

• Advertisement

uch wrote: »
    New Tackle shop on Shankill main street, south Dublin, open a couple of months now, handy for anyone beach fishing in Killiney Bay and in need of supplies or bait.

Unfortunately this tackle shop is now closed

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭EireIceMan

Where is the nearest place to Portlaoise i can get some peeler crab for a sea fishing trip i goin on shortly

Portlaoise Rod and Gun

http://www.goldenpages.ie/portlaoise-rod-gun-shop-portlaoise/1/

Not sure weather they sell bait for sea fishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Any shops in dublin that will repair/replace guide rings??
    Bottom ceramic broke in half on my 10ft.

Any shops in dublin that will repair/replace guide rings??
    Bottom ceramic broke in half on my 10ft.

Southside used to do it, give them a ring to be sure

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

murphs fishing in carlow town well stocked with fishing gear,live and dead baits,friendly staff that will fill you in on local fishing too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Tallaght rod and gun are no longer by the looks of it. Under a new name now. And the place it out to let

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭natdog

hopefully it will be new owners someone with manners and a personality unlike the last lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

natdog wrote: »
    hopefully it will be new owners someone with manners and a personality unlike the last lot.
    Ah they were alri lads t deal with **cough**

Woodies tackle sale

Just saw this over on Bargain Alerts forum for anyone interested.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

SeaFields wrote: »
    Woodies tackle sale

Just saw this over on Bargain Alerts forum for anyone interested.

Picked up a 5 pack of well made lures for 1 euro and a few other bits.went back today and all the stock is gone!

Advertisement