Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Jersey Sightings

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Mairt wrote: »
    Spotted a Boards Jersey on Camden St the other morning, riding a (I think) red'ish mountain bike with a high mudguard over the back wheel [suspension too I think].
    Me again :o

You're making me not want to wear it anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Mairt wrote: »
    Spotted a Boards Jersey on Camden St the other morning, riding a (I think) red'ish mountain bike with a high mudguard over the back wheel [suspension too I think].

was he goin' fairly slow? ;) it was him!

just kidding

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

noblestee wrote: »
    was he goin' fairly slow? ;) it was him!

just kidding
    You try ride a bike with 1.5" tyres and suspension sucking every bit of extra energy out of ye, then tell me about it :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

yeah in fairness to you I'm on 700x23c at 110psi, and was in a hurry

I can't say I've seen the boards jersey on anyone yet (unless I missed it on this) but I think I saw that famous bright yellow bike (Verb) around Aungier Street at around 7pm tonight. I almost said to the person I was walking with 'I recognise that bike from the internet!' before sanity kicked in again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Myth wrote: »
    I can't say I've seen the boards jersey on anyone yet (unless I missed it on this) but I think I saw that famous bright yellow bike (Verb) around Aungier Street at around 7pm tonight. I almost said to the person I was walking with 'I recognise that bike from the internet!' before sanity kicked in again.

Infamous ! I'll have to start varying my route to spread the Verb love

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

Verb wrote: »
    Infamous ! I'll have to start varying my route to spread the Verb love

lol:D

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

8.30ish this moning, bridge end of Capel St. Guy with glasses pulled up beside me (I was in my van). He had a bit of fun trying to clip into his pedals!

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭mkdon05

Damn shimano pedals always flip upside down when not clipped in. Drove me demented this mornin!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Double-sided SPDs are great if you don't ride the bike much in normal shoes. Completely fix that problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

Spotted a bald (I think) lad wearing a boards outfit at the Kenmare feeding point on the ROK.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭silvo

Driving home from Ballinastoe caught a glimpse of a Boardsie heading towards Enniskerry just passed the Esso station. Did a double take as I finally got to see the famous jersey!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

blorg wrote: »
    I know of at least one other Boardsie working in there.

As far as I know, there's at least 3 of us in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 DerKomissar

c0rk3r wrote: »
    No hands, Pheonix park, Sunday, in the wrong cycle lane yup sounds like me alright. Only saw one other cyclist in the park that day. 40-ish year old man on a trek but with a name like caroline_ie i doubt that was you.

No hands was to straighten out my back (need to sort out my nerd posture)

Live to cycle. Cycle to live. mm hmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭karma kabbage

A very stylish lad spotted in a boards shirt (and scandalously short shorts) :eek:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mkrphoto/page4/

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Unshaven legs + short shorts = totally deserved ban

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭bunnygreen

im telling you that blorg is everywhere,sandals and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭daymobrew

bunnygreen wrote: »
    im telling you that blorg is everywhere,sandals and all.
    blorg was in the final Dublin City Duathlon last night - 5k run, 20k cycle, 2.5k run. I didn't see whether he had the sandals on - there was a guy who did the first run (5k) in his bare feet!

blorg - how did you get on? 1hr9m15s for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Was he wearing the boards jersey? Think I caught a glimpse but being a noob no approach was made on my part!

Did it in 1:12:30 which I was delighted with, had the yellow Giant MCR (UCI illegal!!!) tri bike out for the first time competitively and she was a dream, think my cycle was down around the 37 min mark.

I also saw one of the runners pass by me and say: "like runing on 2 bricks". Shortly after he whipped off the shoes and completed the 2.5km run in his socks!

daymobrew wrote: »
    blorg was in the final Dublin City Duathlon last night - 5k run, 20k cycle, 2.5k run. I didn't see whether he had the sandals on - there was a guy who did the first run (5k) in his bare feet!

blorg - how did you get on? 1hr9m15s for me.
    1h15m20s. Bike split on my Cateye was 34m37s including running the bike in and out of transition; got 35km/h average excluding that bit according to the Garmin! Sandals were present. Need to work on the running; haven't really done any of that yet.

• Advertisement

christeb wrote: »
    Was he wearing the boards jersey? Think I caught a glimpse but being a noob no approach was made on my part!

Did it in 1:12:30 which I was delighted with, had the yellow Giant MCR (UCI illegal!!!) tri bike out for the first time competitively and she was a dream, think my cycle was down around the 37 min mark.

I also saw one of the runners pass by me and say: "like runing on 2 bricks". Shortly after he whipped off the shoes and completed the 2.5km run in his socks!
    You should have said hello- had the Boards jersey on over my new tri suit (I am really gone over to the dark side now) while I was waiting - definately saw your bike, it was very distinctive- you were up near the cycle entrance/exit to transition IIRC. I saw some shoes sitting there on the final run all right!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

had the Boards jersey on over my new tri suit (I am really gone over to the dark side now)

A definate ban for sure, and I think he should be stopped from wearing his boards top when 'competing' in such a silly 'sport' :)

You should have said hello- had the Boards jersey on over my new tri suit (I am really gone over to the dark side now) while I was waiting - definately saw your bike, it was very distinctive- you were up near the cycle entrance/exit to transition IIRC. I saw some shoes sitting there on the final run all right!

Yeah we had to move it down towards the middle as it turned out it was blocking everyone after all!

To all the other cyclists: the buzz at these events is great - you should all come over to the dark side!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭MadHatter

Did the duathlon myself last night. 1:14:20 for me, delighted with that given my lack of running miles.

@Blorg - spotted the boards jersey when I first arrived. Was going to say hello after I racked the bike and got sorted, but couldn't spot it after that. You must have stripped off by then.

@christeb - spotted your bike as well, it ended up on the rack next to where mine was. In fact, I nearly collided with you coming into the first transition as you were blocking the path with the bike, you moved just in time. I believe you got yelled at by the race ref too for unracking the bike before putting your helmet on - naughty ;)

MadHatter wrote: »
    @christeb - spotted your bike as well, it ended up on the rack next to where mine was. In fact, I nearly collided with you coming into the first transition as you were blocking the path with the bike, you moved just in time. I believe you got yelled at by the race ref too for unracking the bike before putting your helmet on - naughty ;)

Did I??? Apologies, I don't recall anything, I was in my own exhausted world...

Well done on the time though, I thoroughly enjoyed myself I must say. What kind of bike was yours? Did you overtake me on the cycle at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭MadHatter

Did I??? Apologies, I don't recall anything, I was in my own exhausted world...

Well done on the time though, I thoroughly enjoyed myself I must say. What kind of bike was yours? Did you overtake me on the cycle at all?

No worries, only ribbing you. Don't recall passing you on the bike - I'm sure I'd have noticed. Don't have a split for my cycle part either as I forgot to turn the computer on until I was heading up the hill on Military Road for the first time :o

I was on a Felt Z35. Not exactly a triathlon/time trial machine but it did the trick. Like blorg I passed a few guys with tri-bars and disc wheels, especially going up the hills.

Don't know much/anything about this area, but given the hilly & twisty nature of the bike course, is there any real benefit in tri-bikes over a standard road bike?

I wouldn't imagine so, there are too many turns and hills.

Although in saying that I was passing out a good few of what I would term "proper cyclists" on the long descent only for them to quickly reel me back in on the hill. Mostly about the legs, at least I hope so :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Rob of Wheelworx has uploaded 333 photos from last night. You and your bike are there. Edit: Another photo of the bike
    blorg wrote:
    had the Boards jersey on over my new tri suit
    Said new tri suit is there too. (Interesting look in the 2nd photo).

Phew, I made it on there too.

Rest of photos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭bunnygreen

oh mighty blorg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,578 ✭✭✭uberwolf

foxrock church, an hour or two ago, heading south.

Advertisement