Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

J. Marston wrote: »
    nse4yzwj93751.jpg

And a partridge in a pear tree.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,031 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Kiith wrote: »
    To be fair, you can boil the Witcher 3 down to just another open world game as well. And that's fine, as it just does what it does extremely well.

Cyberpunk will be made or broken by how the gameplay feels, and it's storytelling.

Indeed, and honestly as much as I like The Witcher 3 I find much of its moment-to-moment gameplay - traversal, combat, investigating - reasonably staid. It’s the sheer luxurious detail, technology, world design and world-building that makes it so compelling, plus some great writing.

Obviously impossible to tell at this stage how Cyberpunk will play over many dozens of hours, and I’m keen to find out. No question it looks like a major step up in graphical fidelity - the animations and character art look stunning, alongside the neon-hued world. But yeah it’ll certainly be great to see if the gameplay design matches that level of ambition - something a clip of a car driving down a street can’t show :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,437 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

3 types of nipple.

I'm sold!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,131 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Only one vagina option?

/I'm out.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,726 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

My immediate wondering about those options: can you mix and match though? ;)

• Advertisement

Unless they can pull off a miracle, I think it's going to run disastrously bad on Xbox One S and not much better on base PS4.

pixelburp wrote: »
    My immediate wondering about those options: can you mix and match though? ;)

I'd say there will be a fair few hermaphrodite characters created.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,473 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Could be 10 options could be 10k, I'm still just hitting random until I get something I want.

They're not mentioning any body types so we'll probably just have the 2, eyebrows don't changes but body type changes can mean changes to skeleton messing with animations and clipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Someone mentioned how all the NPCs are the same height. I understand it's too much work to make NPCs of different heights but it seems a little bit off when the city is supposed to be full of diverse lookin' folk.
    J. Marston wrote: »
    6 skin types
    Does that mean color or just skin detail type?

Mostly liked what I saw although the melee fighting, specifically the punching looked WAY worse than I was expecting. Comparing it to other FPS melee games that did it almost perfectly like Dying Light & Kingdom Come, the animation and hit feedback seems so low quality. I wanted to go full melee so that's a big hit for me.

So, you could be a smurf?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

You know after years of hype, an almost mythical status given its long development period, and some of those pretty spectacular early, concept trailers, it’s always a bit of a shock when I see more footage and it looks exactly like... an open world video game :pac:

I mean the production values are off the scale, and obviously the key will be how dynamic and surprising it is when we play the darn thing... but yeah a lot of the gameplay footage released today looks pretty ordinary in the end, albeit with an extraordinary level of visual detail and polish. I mean, driving a car around a city will always be driving a car around a city... but I find it interesting to see the reality of the game after such a long time.

The gameplay makes me feel a little cold. Everything shown so far has been so methodically put together and scripted so it doesn't help the game stand out from other open world games. You can see influences of Far Cry, Batman, Mass Effect, Deus Ex and especially GTA in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,437 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I love the fact you can accept missions by doing a video call with people and hand in data files by sending through your phone. Worst part of 'sandbox games are traveling a to b to get a mission and then traveling back to b after the mission to hand it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,577 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

For me, my enjoyment of the game will largely depend on how well realised Night City is. For all the talk of it being just another open world game (and was it ever going to be anything else?), the setting is pretty unique for this type of game. So while I can totally understand being burned out on apocalyptic wastelands, or magical realms or what have you, the lure of exploring a neon dystopia is pretty strong!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,085 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The melee didn't seem very....meaty. There's a beheading at 7:50 here and it was like cutting paper, no weight to it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    For me, my enjoyment of the game will largely depend on how well realised Night City is. For all the talk of it being just another open world game (and was it ever going to be anything else?), the setting is pretty unique for this type of game. So while I can totally understand being burned out on apocalyptic wastelands, or magical realms or what have you, the lure of exploring a neon dystopia is pretty strong!

Deus Ex?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,577 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Deus Ex?

Sure, but I don't consider it truly open world.

Deus Ex would be more hub worlds than open world.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Deus Ex?
    Deus Ex seems a lot different for a lot of reasons. Not open world, multiple locations, the agency etc. V seems more like a lone wolf who may affiliate with gangs/corporations to suit their needs (the player would have some say, as well, obviously).

Just found out it's a Direct X 12 exclusive. Guess I won't be playing it. Hype completely gone. Somehow I doubt Google will allow them to release their Vulkan build from stadia. Gutted right now.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Just found out it's a Direct X 12 exclusive.

May God have mercy on us all..........

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

What's the problem with Direct X 12?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭Homelander

I don't think it'll be any real issue either. DX12 uptake is still low enough in games and was patchy at times because there was no full commitment to it from developers of say, Battlefield or whatever else that had a toggle. It was almost like an experimental mode until they got up to speed with it.

Cyberpunk is being developed entirely with DX12 in mind so I think it'll be fine. I'm not at all worried about it being DX12 "exclusive", which implies heavy restrictions.....99%+ of people who planned playing it, will still be able to play it.

Unlike say, the Halo 2 debacle which mandated that you had to have Windows Vista, at a time when XP was still incredibly popular.

What's the problem with Direct X 12?

Won't run on my machine. It's a real shame they didn't just use Vulkan... they already have a build for it they just won't release it. Maybe they will a while after release... might get it then. But its gone from being a day-1 purchase for me. What can you expect from a public company though... they answer to investors now and they ate up that Nvidia Gameworks shyte for Witcher 3... microsoft have their grubby fingers in them too now it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭Cordell

TBH this is a non issue. If your system is unable to run DX12 is either because it's too old and you won't be able to properly enjoy it anyway, or is by your choice (linux or some EOL Windows version) so why do you expect them to accommodate such a minority?
    Having the build and releasing it outside its intended platform are totally different things.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭clsmooth

I've had more of a chance to catch up on the videos and maybe it's me but something about this game seems "off" and I can't put my finger on what it is.

It looks great but doesn’t seem that meaty/fun? Shooting, melee combat and the driving all look a bit ‘floaty’ and lightweight

Cordell wrote: »
    why do you expect them to accommodate such a minority?
    I didn't expect them to target specifically my machine (which has popular and appropriate hardware) I just expected DX11 or Vulkan options. Hardly a big ask or a minority.
    Cordell wrote: »
    Having the build and releasing it outside its intended platform are totally different things.
    The only difference to me as a customer is that one of them gets my money. There's no way I'm playing this on Stadia. But I'm not gonna argue the point too hard. They obviously don't want my money and are more interested in Microsoft's. Their choice.

Bit of a push to be using a non DirectX 12 GPU, pretty much be a high/high-mid range GTX 700 to even consider. While it wouldn't run great I assume this game will run on a 1050 even if it looks terrible, and that card isn't as powerful as some of the higher end 700.

CPU is probably a bit more likely to be an issue, people don't upgrade those as much, and wouldn't be surprise if there was still a lot of people with contemporary GPU and still rocking the aged 2500/3500.

Other than that it'd be people who didn't know or bother with the free Windows 10 upgrade and are still on 7, but anyone using Linux shouldn't never expect anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭Homelander

I'm pretty sure they said Cyberpunk will work on Windows 7 and Windows 10.

All the GTX7 cards are DX12. You'd have to go way back to find a card that wasn't and those type of cards are so obsolete no-one would ever have reasonably expected to run Cyberpunk on such a card really.

Homelander wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure they said Cyberpunk will work on Windows 7 and Windows 10.

All the GTX7 cards are DX12. You'd have to go way back to find a card that wasn't and those type of cards are so obsolete no-one would ever have reasonably expected to run Cyberpunk on such a card really.

See that now, looked on Nvidias DirextX12 page and they didn't list them just a single card so should have taken that as a mistake.

Windows 7 porting, if they've said they are then nothing to stop them putting in the time to do it.

So just leaves an old CPU.

• Advertisement
Advertisement