Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Gay Cultural Values Survey

Options
  • 06-05-2020 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi guys!

I have discussed this with a mod and they have approved this post.

I am helping my friend to recruit participants for his PhD survey around cross cultural gay cultural values.

We are looking to recruit Irish gay/bi/trans men over 18 years old, and it should only take 10-15 minutes.

Please feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Thanks!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/V25VWL6

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I wasn't sure exactly what you meant by cultural values in a gay context but the first 2 pages seemed to have noting to do with cultural values so I didn't go any further.

edit: It felt more like a physiological evaluation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭AllForIt

jrmb wrote: »
    I couldn't get beyond the questions about parents' religious beliefs. Where's this going?

Didn't get that far :D

But it reminded me of something I seen somewhere recently, for the life of me I can't recall where, but it was a piece about why gay man become gay and it was suggesting it had something to do with a bad relationships with one's mother. :rolleyes:
    I'm not suggesting that this is what the survey is about but it did put me off. Lot's of ppl have poor relations with their parents, not at all uncommon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 vibege

So what this study will look at is the different factors that effect gay cultures across Ireland, the UK, the US, Mexico and Brazil, so even factors that don't seem relevant may be for the overall analysis, if that makes sense?

AllForIt wrote: »
    I wasn't sure exactly what you meant by cultural values in a gay context but the first 2 pages seemed to have noting to do with cultural values so I didn't go any further.

edit: It felt more like a physiological evaluation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

vibege wrote: »

I am helping my friend to recruit participants for his PhD survey around cross cultural gay cultural values.

We are looking to recruit Irish gay/bi/trans men over 18 years old

I had a quick look myself and for an older person it's impossible to complete. It's only answerable if your parents (or an "equivalent" mother/father figure) are alive and should be clearly flagged as such.

Advertisement