Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

CIPP/E Certification

• 22-04-2020 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Has anyone sat the CIPP/E or CIPM exams with IAPP? I'm coming from a legal background but looking at going towards the data privacy/protection side.

Also has anyone purchased the main book, European Data Protection, Second edition by Eduardo Ustaran and know where I might pick it up cheaper/second hand? Or are there any other books that I should be reading?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Kakeykake

Hi Woodyman. Have you found any luck? I just began my research about these exams. If i come across anything I will keep in touch with you over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭woodyman

Kakeykake wrote: »
    Hi Woodyman. Have you found any luck? I just began my research about these exams. If i come across anything I will keep in touch with you over here.

Yes and no. I found this forum which was helpful. https://community.infosecinstitute.com/discussion/129585/cipp-e-advice/p11

I purchased the book from IAPP just last week. It was around 80 euro including delivery. You could get an ebook cheaper if you didn't mind. I looked everywhere for a second hand copy but couldn't find one. I haven't opened the book yet but plan on working through it over the next few months. The exam is several hundred dollars and the certification is a couple of hundred a year to maintain. A bit ridiculous, but having a look on LinkedIn it seems to be well recognised.

If you find anything else helpful please let me know.

Hey thank you very much for the link! I looked up some videos on YouTube. May be this could lay out a gist of GDPR for you before you begin reading a text book - https://youtu.be/NxgZ57BTkFQ
    I am actually wondering if I should take up a course or just buy the book and the exam blueprints should suffice. By the way, any idea about the examinations, how they are going to be held remotely?
    I have come across a few job profiles which require CIPP/E certifications.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Kakeykake wrote: »
    Hey thank you very much for the link! I looked up some videos on YouTube. May be this could lay out a gist of GDPR for you before you begin reading a text book - https://youtu.be/NxgZ57BTkFQ
    I am actually wondering if I should take up a course or just buy the book and the exam blueprints should suffice. By the way, any idea about the examinations, how they are going to be held remotely?
    I have come across a few job profiles which require CIPP/E certifications.

Are you already in law/security or hoping to jump in with the cert?

I do have a strong legal background.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 tommyq94

Hey everyone,

Im planning on doing the CIPP/E in the next few months.

I was wondering if any of you did the exam, and how was it?

I would really appreciate any recommendations for online courses or books, and would be open to buy any books you may be willing to sell!

I have a background in Law (passed all FE-1 exams) so I hope that will make the material easier to understand.

Thanks

Advertisement