Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Showering at hotel

• 30-10-2019 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,631 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all

I hope someone can guide me here with a quick answer.

Myself and my wife are currently staying at s hotel in the southeast.

We are both wheelchair users. The shower in our room is supposedly accessible? It has one of those fold down seats attached to the wall. I am unable to sit on the chair safely. Are hotels supposed to supply a portable chair for those who cannot use the fold down ones?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

My Father-in-law is disabled and frequently gets 'disability / accessible' rooms with a shower over a bath. He also frequently complains about those chairs being unsafe. Sorry not much help just ranting at the stupidity of some hotels I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,939 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Ask about one, explain your concerns, people just do not think and need to have things pointed out to them. I don't need to say, keep it low key and pleasant, but do ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,631 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

We did ask. Receptionist firstly said that she was trying to source one for us, then later strangely said that it was against regulations to prove free-standing one....?

Edit: I took a chance on the one that was in the shower, and JUST ABOUT managed to stay on it......

Advertisement