Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wijk aan Zee 2020

• 26-01-2020 2:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭

Or Tata Steel or whatever they call it now, anybody been following?

Some great games. Caruana showing he is s¡till the main man in classical chess apart from Carlsen.

And a shout out for the young Jordan van Forest, plays for a win in every game no matter who he is up against

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

I've enjoyed van Forest's games too. The man is an agent of chaos!

Would you have taken a draw in the Caruana-van Forest final position? I was surprised it ended there.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Joedryan

mikhail wrote: »
    I've enjoyed van Forest's games too. The man is an agent of chaos!

Would you have taken a draw in the Caruana-van Forest final position? I was surprised it ended there.

I think Caruana offered a draw at a good moment there, very crazy game perhaps because earlier there were some scary moments Jordan accepted, also it is difficult to evaluate, the computer is giving a Black advantage but I think with 3 pawns for the piece and Black having so little pawns left Caruana would have been able to handle it.

Would I have accepted a draw? Depends who I am playing against, against a lower rated player you can play on and hope for tricks...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭sodacat11

I usually watch every moment that I can of the live commentary at Gibraltar but this year with Howell replacing Williams it has been unwatchable. Alex Lopez is playing in it and doing okay without setting the world alight.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Retd.LoyolaCpt

sodacat11 wrote: »
    I usually watch every moment that I can of the live commentary at Gibraltar but this year with Howell replacing Williams it has been unwatchable. Alex Lopez is playing in it and doing okay without setting the world alight.

I think David’s been excellent. As regards Vijk, Jan and Svidler still the best in the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭sodacat11

I think David’s been excellent. As regards Vijk, Jan and Svidler still the best in the business.

I find him wooden and lacking in personality. I also don't like people who punch arbiters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Joedryan

sodacat11 wrote: »
    I find him wooden and lacking in personality. I also don't like people who punch arbiters

Now now.

I agree he is not a natural presenter mind, very good on chess content but just not natural.

I much preferred Simon.

Advertisement