Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Regatta Sale

• 21-01-2021 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭

Regatta have a decent sale on, 30-50% off some items. I bought one of their jackets for work a couple of years back and find their stuff to be of good quality.

I put in an order with them earlier in January. Unsurprisingly, delivery has been delayed. Got an email today explaining the situation and they've refunded 10% of the cost of the order as a gesture. Wasn't expecting it, thought it was decent of them.

https://www.regatta.ie/sale/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭wait4me

Craghoppers, a sister company of Regatta, just did the same and this is in another thread here. IMHO Regatta's quality has gone downhill the past few years, and I'm not talking about ski-wear :D:D:D:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭turbostan

wait4me wrote: »
    Craghoppers, a sister company of Regatta, just did the same and this is in another thread here. IMHO Regatta's quality has gone downhill the past few years, and I'm not talking about ski-wear :D:D:D:eek:

Have to agree with this.
    Got a pair of shoes back in December, half price at €45, I honestly wouldn't have paid €20 for them. Plasticy soles, minimal insoles, just felt really cheap and tacky. Looked great on the website mind you, so tread carefully!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Bought a jacket from them last year for about €55 and started falling apart after less than 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,792 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

turbostan wrote: »
    Have to agree with this.
    Got a pair of shoes back in December, half price at €45, I honestly wouldn't have paid €20 for them. Plasticy soles, minimal insoles, just felt really cheap and tacky. Looked great on the website mind you, so tread carefully!!

You too, in those shoes *boom boom*

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,792 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

mcgovern wrote: »
    Bought a jacket from them last year for about €55 and started falling apart after less than 6 months.

I got a few things in last year's sale.
    Penley parka, Bradwell wind resistant gilet, Fenton softshell walking trousers and they are warm, wind resistant - the lot for €100.

More for the walk to work, or a walk on the beach or park.
    The water resistance is enough to withstand a shower but not for an all day outing in exposed conditions.

The finish in terms of stitching on pockets and zip \ button is poor.
    Had to stitch a pocket back on and the zip gets stuck a few times.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,604 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Have ordered alot from them over the last 12 months and never any issues. Their delivery service is a bit mad though. I ordered a few items around Christmas, they arrived first week in January, grand. Got an email from them Monday apologising for the delay in receiving my order and that i would have it by the end of this week. Ok. Got another email on Wednesday apologising again and they gave me a 10% refund as a gesture of goodwill for the delay. Sweet. ANOTHER email yesterday apologising again and saying they guarantee my delivery will be with me by the 30th of this month. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭turbostan

odyssey06 wrote: »
    You too, in those shoes *boom boom*

Haha very good 👠ðŸ‘
    Forgot to mention, I returned them straight away, at my own cost. No free returns there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,626 ✭✭✭corks finest

mcgovern wrote: »

Regatta can be v good but yes quality of jackets went downhill a few years back, but on the other hand I picked up a real good quality 3/4 yrs old (little boys) waterproof jacket 2weeks back in the dairy gold Co op in Carrigaline at half price and his mams delighted, he's autistic so loves the water, rainy wet days, he's been out in all weather's since and remained dry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

I've bought several fleeces, and a couple of jackets from Regatta, in various sales over the last year. Thankfully, no problems with any of the clothes, to date.

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭PlayByTheRules

Bought two jackets from them last Spring in a sale and very pleased with both.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I bought one in the 2020 sale. Still perfect.
    I bought another this year in the 2021 sale at the start of January.

took 3 weeks for delivery because of the initial BREXIT problems but everyone has that issue at the moment.

I'm very happy with the products and quality of the garments, especially for €40.

Advertisement