Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boxing Thread 11/12 (Joshua-Pulev, McKenna Brothers, Top Rank/PBC Cards in US)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

walshb wrote: »
    These DAZN commentators haven’t a clue!!

Terrible they are

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Just as well the judges dont see the highlights

68-65 after 7

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Vulnerable?

No.

Yes.
    He looks vulnerable and nervous, both of his chin and gas tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,482 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I think it's over in this round.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,568 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Pulev should have gambled on a 4 round fight. Try to finish it and be out of steam in 4. He can't win over distance against Joshua

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

You know when sky are praising the opponent they are just building Joshua's profile.

He's making hard work of this in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,448 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

After the third the temptation for Joshua must have been to go for it in the fourth but he didn’t and stuck to the plan. Reckon we will see him up the pace soon and try and finish it now that pulev is fading.

Yes.
    He looks vulnerable and nervous, both of his chin and gas tank.

I don’t see any indication of either tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Not impressed by AJ here at all, plus he looks nervous of Pulev who has little power.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Goose81

Not impressed by AJ here at all, plus he looks nervous of Pulev who has little power.

Do you watch boxing? What exactly did you expect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Pulev should have gambled on a 4 round fight. Try to finish it and be out of steam in 4. He can't win over distance against Joshua
    He wouldn't win an early firefight with Joshua though. Best tactic is taking it to deep waters and testing Joshua's dodgy gas tank which he's doing imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Looks like AJ has dipped into the Klitchkho school in that he knows he is up on points so is not taking any chances and is just keeping Pulev at distance and jabbing him away

KO

fINSIHED HIM WELL

Great KO punch

• Registered Users Posts: 11,927 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Floyd with no mask then there :(

• Registered Users Posts: 54,549 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Vicious finishing..

I was quite impressed with AJ everywhere tonight.

Boxed, defended, took shots and unloaded...

He delivers such lovely technical straight shots..

Pulev a lot more robust and resilient than I expected..

AJ against either Wilder or Fury wouldn't last 9 rounds. If he fights like that against either of those he will look like an amateur, especially against Fury.

Good finish, he looks a far better boxer to me since Ruiz caught him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I didn’t think that was anything special from Aj tbh
    He kept Pulev at bay with his jab but could have finished him off much earlier but he seemed hesitant

He could have finished him in the 4th without taking too much of a risk.
    I reckon his fear of gassing, was as much the reason he didn't, as a fear of being clipped.

I wasn't overly impressed by that, Pulev is different from Fury and Wilder, but that's not the sort of performance that would give you belief he's beat either of them.

• Advertisement

I think Joshua fought the fight they planned to fight.

Jab worked all day, up and down, he controlled the range and a stayed away from Pulevs shots and got the finish after some tasty uppercuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

eagle eye wrote: »
    Good finish, he looks a far better boxer to me since Ruiz caught him.

That one was a learning experience. Would love to see a bout with tyson with fans later next year.
    Tyson schools him, by the way

AJ against either Wilder or Fury wouldn't last 9 rounds. If he fights like that against either of those he will look like an amateur, especially against Fury.
    Explain why you say this. What did you see in this fight that gives you that opinion?

I think Fury would be happy enough looking at that tbh. Nothing there that would scare him imo (assuming he turns up in shape)

Good to see him up, as that was a vicious KO punch

• Registered Users Posts: 54,549 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Style wise Pulev is nothing like Fury..

One thing is certain: Fury won’t take AJs power..

So, he either avoids it or he loses via KO!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Fury will box the ears off joshua easily, too robotic. Wilder will take his head off and beat him even easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

This fight kinda showed Joshua up despite the narrative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Was the Mayweather thing pre-organised? Hard to think that he heard Mayweather shouting at him and decided to leave the ring and speak to him.

AJ did well to get the job done, but god he looks so vulnerable and scared of getting hit. Hate the cheerleading by the commentary on both stations.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    Explain why you say this. What did you see in this fight that gives you that opinion?

I'm not sure on the Wilder one but imo an in shape Fury jabs Joshua to death over 12 rounds. Joshua won't be able to work behind his jab like he did there, he takes a punch quite well and his movement is very awkward.

Advertisement