Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Powerline Extenders

• 08-11-2020 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

Can someone please help me. I'm going Bananas.

I have a powerline transmitter plugged into my router.

I have a number of tp link recievers around the house to give WiFi coverage throughout. They were all paired with the powerline transmitter at the router.

Why is it that when I open up my WiFi connections on my phone it shows a different named device for each receiver. Why can it not just clone that at the router??

Incidentally when I connect to any one of the uniquely named receivers, it shows me connected but with no internet access.

Please help

Comments

That's the way those ones work .
    You need a tp link deco etc
    Look at mesh systems

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭melon_collie

Look at mesh systems

Would you recommend the deco ones?? Are they easy to configure??

Would you recommend the deco ones?? Are they easy to configure??

I would but I haven't any experience with the others.
    I plugged them in and set them up via the app and they just worked so yea easy to configure.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Look at mesh systems

No, he has a system already. Just needs to be configured.

OP you need to read the packing slip that came with your Powerlines. Theres two pairing procedures, one to pair the remotes to the base unit and then another to WPS clone your SSID and key. This makes them all broadcast the same "name" and use the same password.

Advertisement