Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disability Allowance marriage cohabiting Social Welfare

• 19-02-2020 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

My partner is in receipt of disability allowance since approx 2007. We recently moved in together. I am fully employed on a good salary. We notified Social Welfare of his change in circumstances in order to cut the living alone allowance and also the household benefits package (for fuel allowance and tv licence I think?) and have sent off 2 forms to them containing all of my details. Partner pays child maintenance for his 2 teenagers out of his allowance weekly also. They live with their Mother, 2 half siblings and Mothers partner. Both adults work full-time.
    I know his allowance will be reduced.
    Can anyone tell me if my partner will be cut off the disability allowance in full? Will I also be responsible for paying his child maintenance?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

My partner is in receipt of disability allowance since approx 2007. We recently moved in together. I am fully employed on a good salary. We notified Social Welfare of his change in circumstances in order to cut the living alone allowance and also the household benefits package (for fuel allowance and tv licence I think?) and have sent off 2 forms to them containing all of my details. Partner pays child maintenance for his 2 teenagers out of his allowance weekly also. They live with their Mother, 2 half siblings and Mothers partner. Both adults work full-time.
    I know his allowance will be reduced.
    Can anyone tell me if my partner will be cut off the disability allowance in full? Will I also be responsible for paying his child maintenance?

Maybe take this to the State Benefits forum here on boards,ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 fiche a hocht

Will do thanks

Advertisement