Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 AFL Season Discussion

124»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

been awfully quiet in here over the season, no surprise I suppose as the West Coast teams being top doesnt garner the same interest from the Victoria biased media...;):p

anyway, it looks like the Dockers and Eagles have the top 2 sorted. If the Eagles can win in Adelaide this week, it will set up a very interesting last round where Freo have to go to Port, and Eagles home to St Kilda.

Either way, it probably makes little difference, as I reckon the Hawks have to go to Subiaco in any case, whether it is against WCE or Freo, and more than likely play the other one in another finals game. I am shocked at the level WC are maintaining, I thought their season was shot with the key defenders being injured, but they have really turned it around and proved many people wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

So, West Coast now outright favourites after Finals Week 1 - justifiably so too. They were magnificent against the Hawks... and with Priddis et al to come back in!

My beloved Dockers did just about enough but looked anything but confident throughout. Again, scoring is a big issue. Only consolation from the two Qualifying Finals is that we won't have to play the Eagles at Subi in a Prelim :eek:

Richmond were Richmond again. How many of their big guns failed to turn up!?! Cotchin was putrid, Delidio wasn't a whole lot better.
    Am tipping Norf to upset the Swannies but to fall apart against the Eagles (like 2 or 3 years ago).

Really enjoyed the Crows v Dogs game. Crows could easily surprise the Hawks in their Semi-Final but I still reckon the Hawks will win. It depends on how they pull up after that game, but it'll take a big effort to get over them in the Prelim, even at Domain Stadium...

Most of the talk I have seen since the Eagles win was how poor Hawthorn were, skill wise, tactically etc. Bits and pieces about the Eagles defensive web and how they did well. But its funny for a team to be favorites, yet people still talk about the Hawks as being the team to beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Well done to the Kangaroos. Really enjoyed watching the game. As mentioned by the commentator its the first time a 8 placed team has made it to a prelim

Personally I'd love to see one of the WA teams win the grand final. Maybe Dockers. Only because they played so badly in their last outing in a grand final. Would be great to see Eagles v Dockers in the final too. Break up the monopoly of Victoria teams winning

Goodes retires also. Haven't really understood the treatment he has been receiving from opposition fans. Great player

Just into Q3 of Eagles/Kangaroos game. Don't care who wins, Hawthorn will win this overall. The amount of goals being missed by both teams in this game. Hawks must be very confident

• Advertisement

I reckon a huge defeat will be put on Eagles next week. Watched their pre -lim yesterday and was less than impressed. So many kick-able goals were fluffed either side of the goal.

Whilst I dont expect the Eagles to win, I wouldnt be writing off their chances just yet. They have already beaten Hawthorn in these finals, and comfortably too. And in their previous game, in horrible conditions without their 2 ruckmen, they lost narrowly, so there is nothing for them to fear in Hawthorn. They have been playing well all year, and bar the first quarter against the roos, were in control from there on out once they got their own structure right. That may be what was needed as the kick in the hole for complacency. Hawthorn have all the experience and will be favorites, but I dont expect them to win by much.

And that ends that. Hawthorn were excellent and eagles never showed up at all. The difference between experience of the big day occasion really showed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Didn't follow as much this year.
    Great win for Hawthorn. Is that 3 in 4/5 years now?

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

Yep, that's 3 in-a-row. They were beaten by Sydney in the 2012 GF too (I think), so that's 4 GFs in 4 years for 3 wins... and Clarko's 4th flag as coach (2008 & 2013-2015).
    Amazing feat really. The Hawks are some footy club.

• Advertisement
Advertisement