Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eir F2000 Modem “Weak Security”

Options
  • 11-01-2021 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi,

I have eir fibre and an F2000 modem. Every now and again, I cannot connect any device to 5G WiFi but they will connect to 2.4G. On my iPhone, it will try to get 5G but keeps cycling out of it to 2.4G. I then manually connect to 2.4 but “weak security” is displayed next to it on my iPhone.
    I have the router WiFi security set to WPA2-AES so this can’t be an issue. It never displays this message when WiFi is working normally.
    I have rebooted the router and I actually have it on a timer to reboot every morning at 04:00.

It’s a pain as my son has started home schooling this morning and it decides to pick today to have issues.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Pandybelly

Attached screenshot from phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

I'm getting the same issue. Also having problems with Blink cameras where I can't use live view when connected to my home network.

I'm coming to the conclusion that the F2000 is old tech at this stage and is probably due an upgrade. Mine is over 5 years old.

Had another look at this. BTW, I upgraded to gigabit broadband with Eir. To my surprise, they don't upgrade the router so I'm still using the F2000.

Basically this "weak security" message is a new IOS14 thing. It's telling you that you're using wireless security that is outdated and relatively easy to hack. To fix it, you need to disable WPA security in your router settings.

Log into your router and click on Home Network. Click Wireless Settings on the left hand side. Under Security Mode, choose WPA2-PSK. You likely have WPA-PSK+WPA2-PSK selected. Click Save and that should get rid of the message.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭EmmaC88

Tropheus wrote: »
    Had another look at this. BTW, I upgraded to gigabit broadband with Eir. To my surprise, they don't upgrade the router so I'm still using the F2000.

Basically this "weak security" message is a new IOS14 thing. It's telling you that you're using wireless security that is outdated and relatively easy to hack. To fix it, you need to disable WPA security in your router settings.

Log into your router and click on Home Network. Click Wireless Settings on the left hand side. Under Security Mode, choose WPA2-PSK. You likely have WPA-PSK+WPA2-PSK selected. Click Save and that should get rid of the message.

Hey when you say log into router? Where do u do this? Thanks

EmmaC88 wrote: »
    Hey when you say log into router? Where do u do this? Thanks

Access http://192.168.1.254/ via a browser.

• Advertisement
Advertisement