Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Championship League - ITV4 June 1st-11th

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Peter File

Fair play to Luca. Really enjoyable tournament even if the snooker wasn't always the best. Really like the league format where you get to see each player 3 times.

Also came across this article about Sam Craigie. If this article is an accurate reflection of what he said then it's fair to assume he's an idiot and that's why he hasn't progressed. Still a talented player and always a threat. Hope he can get some guidance to help him progress.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/06/12/sam-craigie-hits-back-pathetic-comments-daft-ronnie-osullivan-championship-league-run-12844305/amp/

Maybe he should invest in an alarm clock!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Watched quite a bit of this tournament. Took a few days to really get into it with the format but it was enjoyable in patches. The last couple of days were interesting and i even found myself forgetting about the absense of any spectators. Some good snooker played by the likes of Bingham, Woolaston, Day and of course the winner Brecel. The way things are improving regards the virus i would be hopeful of some sort of spectator attendance at the Crucible at end of August which would be great. Nice to see the snooker back all the same albeit in strange circumstances but please god we're through the worst of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭elgriff

fran38 wrote: »
    Lovely clearances by Wooleston in the final. I thought he was going to do it. Talented for sure but you've got to think that was hes best chance of a ranking title.

Dont believe it is a ranking title

• Registered Users Posts: 19,873 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

elgriff wrote: »
    Dont believe it is a ranking title

Yeah the Championship League isn't a ranking title. Is it an invitational or what? Is that why Ken and Nigel Bond were included or did they qualify?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Top 64 in the world invited to take part and down the rankings until field was complete.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,824 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Doesn't seem to be much interest in this (I haven't watched much myself the last few days) but it'd be great to see Ken win this and get into the next round.

Rothko wrote: »
    Doesn't seem to be much interest in this (I haven't watched much myself the last few days) but it'd be great to see Ken win this and get into the next round.

What channel is it on? I don’t see it on itv or the Eurosport player.

What channel is it on? I don’t see it on itv or the Eurosport player.

I was watching it on Matchroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Was following on WST website. Ken needed a win or a 2-2 draw with a break above 135 to go through. Went 1-1 and it looked like he needed both, but made a 139 break. Amazing. Into the last 8 now.

I was watching it on Matchroom.

Probably explains the lack of interest... I was checking ITV, ITV4, and Eurosports 1 & 2 after I saw your op, and couldn't find it..

• Advertisement

zuutroy wrote: »
    Was following on WST website. Ken needed a win or a 2-2 draw with a break above 135 to go through. Went 1-1 and it looked like he needed both, but made a 139 break. Amazing. Into the last 8 now.

Ah, I didn't know about the high break. Happy he got through.

Good win for Ken against John Higgins.

I think a Higgins win over Wilson still gives Ken a chance to go through? Been a long week so my calculations could be off.

Looks like higgins is on a 147 from the live scores...Done Ken a favour anyway.

Wahey...nice one. Colours were far from easy!

Im probably talking to myself but Ken needs one frame to reach a ranking final. Free on matchroom live.

Wahey...nice one. Colours were far from easy!

Ah, I missed that.

It'd be a great achievement for Ken to get through to the final.

Premier sports has cut away. Hope he’s still in with a shout.

Cueing arm turned to stone again. :(

Looks like it'll be a Higgins and Trump final.

• Advertisement

Wilson Trump. It's on already!

Wilson Trump. It's on already!

What high break did Wilson have?

What high break did Wilson have?

He went through on frame difference. He certainly didn't best Higgins' 147!

Well done to Wilson.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Genghis

Despite the excellent opening break by Holt, O'Sullivan cruising to the win, the match could be over in under 45 mins.

Genghis wrote: »
    Despite the excellent opening break by Holt, O'Sullivan cruising to the win, the match could be over in under 45 mins.

There's another thread on this :)

Would link if I knew how :p

Advertisement