Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wheres all the CAB property ?

• 14-07-2018 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭

Where is all the confiscated CAB property ? Do they advertise what they have for sale ? I remember reading a few years ago drugs dealers used family and friends to purchase property. There msu to hundreds of these will all the drugs money in this country.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭M.Cribben

I only personally know of 1 house seized by CAB in 2005. It was sold through a local estate agent and advertised on daft without any mention of CAB. I'm not even sure the buyers knew there was any CAB involvement, unless it was mentioned on the contracts of sale or picked up by their solicitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

M.Cribben wrote: »
    I only personally know of 1 house seized by CAB in 2005. It was sold through a local estate agent and advertised on daft without any mention of CAB. I'm not even sure the buyers knew there was any CAB involvement, unless it was mentioned on the contracts of sale or picked up by their solicitor.

I assume CAB have to report publicly property thzt has been ceased

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭M.Cribben

I assume CAB have to report publicly property thzt has been ceased

Probably, maybe someone else can clarify.

The bullet proof windows (no joke) should have been a giveaway though. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

CAB Property is sold on the open market. Estate agents are given instructions to sell. It would have to emerge in the contracts that I was a CAB Sale. It may not be advertised as such but there is often publicity when the court orders are made.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

CAB Property is sold on the open market. Estate agents are given instructions to sell. It would have to emerge in the contracts that I was a CAB Sale. It may not be advertised as such but there is often publicity when the court orders are made.

I attended one CAB sale (more out of curiousity than anything else). It was sold through McDonald's in Lucan- and you had to register in advance with CAB, and produce a passport or a driver's licence on the day to gain admittance to the sale. Viewings were the previous evening strictly for an hour- and you were strongly advised not to be late- and when the hour was up- to get the hell out of there. The implication was that the previous owner or his associates- were highly likely to cause issues for any prospective purchasers.

It depends on the property- we have discussed a few of them previously in this forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

I attended one CAB sale (more out of curiousity than anything else). It was sold through McDonald's in Lucan- and you had to register in advance with CAB, and produce a passport or a driver's licence on the day to gain admittance to the sale. Viewings were the previous evening strictly for an hour- and you were strongly advised not to be late- and when the hour was up- to get the hell out of there. The implication was that the previous owner or his associates- were highly likely to cause issues for any prospective purchasers.

It depends on the property- we have discussed a few of them previously in this forum.
    Did the property sell ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Did the property sell ?

There is a CAB property near me, it has been for sale for years, no one will buy it, the previous owner has made it known that he wants to live there again when he is at liberty.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Did the property sell ?

That would be John Gilligan's property in Lucan- and nope- no-one was brave enough..........

There was also the stud- which apparently did sell- I have no idea who bought it- or whether they've been allowed enjoy peaceful occupation of their property, though I strongly suspect, not..............

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/kinahan-crime-gang-member-cant-explain-to-cab-how-he-bought-150k-dublin-house-in-cash-even-though-he-is-unemployed-high-court-told-37101522.html

Would you touch that? I sure as hell wouldn't.

Even if you never get a day's hassle in your life over it, it wouldn't be worth looking over your shoulder constantly.

Advertisement