Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Science Forum?

Options
  • 01-09-2019 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

Heres a question for boards.ie

Why when you open open the science category as a topic, isn’t there any categories of actual science, not even a broader topic called science. Nothing, nada, zilch.

And why when I try to open a new thread to discuss this it keeps saying error.....

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Moved from Feedback thread on AH

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Midster wrote: »
    Heres a question for boards.ie

Why when you open open the science category as a topic, isn’t there any categories of actual science, not even a broader topic called science. Nothing, nada, zilch.

And why when I try to open a new thread to discuss this it keeps saying error.....

Popular Science?

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Midster

Beasty wrote: »
    Moved from Feedback thread on AH

So what does that mean exactly

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

In Topics you can click on the category: Science, Health & Environment. It opens with 30 forums and subforums, and has been articulated into many recognized major science disciplines. There is no generic science forum within our category, such a forum being too vast to be meaningful.
    This may be a technical issue in terms of how you access boards.ie and its topics?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Why when you open open the science category as a topic... not even a broader topic called science. Nothing, nada, zilch.
    godtabh wrote: »
    When attempting to provide additional information regarding our Science, Health & Environment category, I yield to what my colleague godtabh suggested. There is a generic forum for Science: Popular Science.

• Advertisement
Advertisement