Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Threadban Gemma O Doherty[Current Affairs]

• 28-08-2019 12:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭

I was thread-banned from Gemma O Doherty thread for 'You've already been warned about commenting about moderation in this thread'

I had not spoken about moderation in the thread, exccept when asked a question by a admin later:
    Mr E wrote: »
    Mod: @Kimsang: what do you want the mods to do? Go through 3766 posts to prove or disprove?

The "it's in the thread" posters need to put up or shut up, quite frankly. Otherwise this will go around in circles.
    I replied with.
    Kimsang wrote: »
    I would like to see this post removed:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110492920&postcount=8

As well as future implications of 'racist' best sanctioned by mods unless the poster who makes the claim can supply evidence and quote what definition of racist they are using.

Even the moderator here says that users should 'put up or shut up' and they continued to not put up or shut up.

So I'm wondering why beasty now threadbanned me because I answered the question of an administrator.

It is quite ridiculous that there is a free-for-all in that thread of people being called a racist and not supplying proof. That is the moderation I was challenging #8 post in that thread. The post is clearly tongue-in-cheek and the moderator has set a precedent for allowing inflammatory language. Its ridiculous.

I would hope Beasty can not be included in my problem, as I feel s/he is bullying me. Has already warned me and given me problems for minor things that s/he is not punishing others for.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,188 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Some examples of your posting in the thread:
    How is this post allowed to stand?

He never admitted to being racist.

Is this a discussion board or a turd flinging contest condoned by the moderators?
    I have already answered your underhanded insinuations about me being racist and bigoted. I'm no longer answering to you, as its clear you have no interest in discussing this topic, rather just point scoring and name calling.
    Careful talking about gingers, Mike.ie has expressed a dislike to conversations of this nature in another thread
    Exactly. The moderation on this thread is a ****ing joke on the issue of Stephen's 'racism'. Not only that, but it is being perpetuated by mods.

The comment from Stephen is clearly tongue in cheek, but I guess context doesn't ****ing matter anymore.
    You just keep digging that hole don't you? The very first request I made to you

was met with..

And since then not once have you supplied any evidence, except for weird spiels about immigration and brown countries.

You could have ended this discussion about 300 posts ago, but no you continue to not supply evidence and keep digging a hole. The tactics you are employing is the reason people can't communicate and debate anymore. You can label whoever you like a racist and get away with it. Disgusting. I find people like you vile and disgusting.
    Are you white? I need to know in case I need to call you a racist.
    To an extent I agree with both your points. As to your second point I do try... Its not always easy when you have an opposing opinion to a mob that willfully misrepresents you.

We are however not free to say quite a few things now on boards that meet the definition of free speech.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110819869&postcount=1229
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=109041788&postcount=1
    I would like to see this post removed:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110492920&postcount=8

As well as future implications of 'racist' best sanctioned by mods unless the poster who makes the claim can supply evidence and quote what definition of racist they are using.
    Watch the mod note; PUT UP OR SHUT UP
    Repeal the 8th Post! Repeal the 8th Post! Repeal the 8th! Repeal the 8th! Repeal the 8th Post!
    You know the right thing to do does not involve allowing people to call others racist willy nilly.

They all know I cannot prove a negative.
    So they keep saying "it's in the thread" There's about 10 of them, and not one one of them can supply proof. Please delete post #8.
    You and other people insist on 'saying it's in the thread' because you are lying and it's not in the thread. You know I can't prove a negative.

You and all the rest of you have every chance to prove me wrong and shut me up, but you prefer circular arguments.
    ...and there are more

Take your pick - disruptive, backseat modding, questioning mod actions in-thread, personal abuse, off-topic, ignoring mod warnings

TBH you are very lucky to still have access to the Forum, let alone visibility of that thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

Since you gave me the warning and the yellow card I did not back seat mod again as you suggest in the post that you thread banned me. So this is clearly untrue.

Can I please have this dealt with by someone other than Beasty? Much appreciated.

Its not fair that people have been called racist in that thread without proof.
    Its happened over and over again. Even the mod Mr. E. said the people that accuse of racism should put up or shut up. But they never did put up, or shut up, and it became a running joke on the thread to 'refer to the thread'
    Mr E wrote: »
    The "it's in the thread" posters need to put up or shut up, quite frankly. Otherwise this will go around in circles.[/B]
    pjohnson wrote: »
    You must have missed people telling you they arent "woke" and then answering your survey. If you tried to read you would know this Gem. Reading has never been your strong point.
    Stephen is a racist, as are other people on this thread. That's a fact. If they think people can only move from one white country to another as it's easier to integrate, that is inherently racist.
    pjohnson wrote: »
    In the thread.
    cookie1977 wrote: »
    (Or evidenced in this thread)
    Overheal wrote: »
    It’s in the thread.
    cookie1977 wrote: »
    Go read the whole thread.
    In fact you have been provided with numerous examples in this thread of his racism and bigotry.
    He has echoed it numerous times across multiple threads. Proof enough?
    It is demonstrably true, you just have to get the thumb out and read the thread, it’s bad manners to jump late into a thread and be this obtuse about it.
    Again it’s in this thread,
    do you seriously expect posters to look back over thousands of posts to satisfy a johnny-come-lately?
    While I don’t particularly mind being told I need to spoonfeed a poster who claims to have reviewed the whole thread but somehow missed dozens of posts that establish the matter, Kimsang will have to wait until I have the free time to prepare the porridge so to speak, which will probably be the weekend.
    While I don’t particularly mind being told I need to spoonfeed a poster who claims to have reviewed the whole thread but somehow missed dozens of posts that establish the matter, Kimsang will have to wait until I have the free time to prepare the porridge so to speak, which will probably be the weekend.

Beasty clearly wasn't even reading this thread.
    Beasty wrote: »
    Some examples of your posting in the thread:

...and there are more

Take your pick - disruptive, backseat modding, questioning mod actions in-thread, personal abuse, off-topic, ignoring mod warnings

TBH you are very lucky to still have access to the Forum, let alone visibility of that thread
    Beasty infracted me for going against HIS/HER WARNING TO ME warning of 'no back seat modding' now beasty is moving the goalposts.
    Kimsang

You've already been warned about commenting about moderation in this thread

Do not post in this thread again

Lies.
    Not only is Beasty here threatening me that I should not have accesss to the forum(WHy??) but also has taken my cases in the past, often taking just 3-4 minutes to review the whole case, close the case, and rule against me. I can supply proof if requested. I don't feel like I'm talking to Beasty since Beasty never replies to my messages.

If you uphold this ban without citing good reason, I'm done with this website. This is one double standard too far for me.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,188 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You gave me 14 minutes to reply to your PM before starting this thread. I would have listed the same posts as I set out above if you had given me the opportunity to reply to your PM. They are simply examples of your behaviour in the thread resulting in the threadban

Moderator complaints are dealt with here, but the difference between this forum and the DRP is the moderator has the option of contributing to the discussion, which is why I have posted in this thread (in addition, of course, to the fact you failed to give me time to reply to your PM). I am more than happy to call out other examples of your behaviour in that forum, which will help if a CMod or other Admin does wish to contribute to this discussion.

Let's focus on this concern first, then I'm happy to move onto any concern you have. Do you think it was right for thread banning me in the gemma thread because I broke your warning not to comment on moderation, and since your warning I hadn't, except for one reply from an administrator?

Do you think its fair to now move the goalposts to include 'other' things I've done(The definition of whataboutery)

Also do you agree you have not replied to my messages in the past ?

I would hope you're not the person that makes a decision on this case, but I'm happy to talk to you about it.

Your threadban was for all of the above - disruptive, backseat modding, questioning mod actions in-thread, personal abuse, off-topic, ignoring mod warnings.

My comment about discussing moderation was simply stating a fact. I had previously given you a yellow card for commenting on moderation in-thread.

Of course I could have clarified this via PM if you had not been so impatient in starting this thread

You allege I "never" respond to PMs. You have sent me 4 PMs throughout your time on Boards

The first I responded to

The second did not seek a response, nor did the third

The fourth you allowed me 14 minutes to respond before starting a thread here

• Advertisement

I don't know why you seek to double down on your lies.

First lie: You did in fact give me a warning for commenting on the moderation of the thread.
    Moderator Note
    If you have a problem with moderation report it and leave it to the mod team to look at. Commenting like this derails a thread

Then you threadbanned me for commenting on moderation of the thread.
    Kimsang

You've already been warned about commenting about moderation in this thread

Do not post in this thread again

I don't know why you are bullying me, but I hate your dishonest. At least be honest in a position of power.

Any other problem specifically you have with me in the Gemma thread please do tell. I will happily justify it, usually the fact that others were allowed far worse behaviour in terms of 'civility' and it is a vein of conversation allowed in the thread by post #8.

disruptive, backseat modding, questioning mod actions in-thread, personal abuse, off-topic, ignoring mod warnings. This is not what you threadbanned me for, but please do tell.

disruptive, backseat modding, questioning mod actions in-thread, personal abuse, off-topic, ignoring mod warnings.

Every single one of these revolves around issue, are only slight at best(some are direct answers to admins) and commenting on post #8 in that thread.

You would know that if you read the thread.

I don't know why you seek to double down on your lies.

First lie: You did in fact give me a warning for commenting on the moderation of the thread.
    Did you not bother reading my post:confused:
    I had previously given you a yellow card for commenting on moderation in-thread.

Your threadban was for all of the above - disruptive, backseat modding, questioning mod actions in-thread, personal abuse, off-topic, ignoring mod warnings.

This is the lie that you are only introducing now.

It's patently obvious what I have said above. You cannot call "liar" and expect people to believe you without any evidence to support it

You repeatedly have called me a liar. You have also accused me of bullying. I think I am due an apology on both counts

• Advertisement

What warning did you give me in the Gemma thread about 1/2 weeks ago?

What reason did you cite when you thread-banned me?

Can you answer these questions honestly?

Now you are citing the reasons: disruptive, backseat modding, questioning mod actions in-thread, personal abuse, off-topic, ignoring mod warnings.

How is it you can't agree with basic facts. I would much prefer to be dealing someone that doesn't have such a personal stake in this matter.

OP has closed their account

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement