Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Paddocks, Newbridge

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lunasaskye

Welcome to everyone moving into The Paddocks. I hope you will be very happy in your new homes and it will be a nice neighbourhood to live in. I am in a few weeks and settling in well as not from the area but have good friends in nearby Naas and Sallins. It will be great when the access road opens especially for those commuting on the train. It would also be great once more residents move in to look at setting up a Residents Association or even a WhatsApp Group for those who wish . For example, you might have been able to help someone out during the recent storm. One thing I have noticed about access through The Meadows is that none of the street lights are working there so I am going to email Kildare CoCo. as we also have no street lights set up so it is a long stretch of houses with no public lighting. Best of luck with the move and in your new home and life in The Paddocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 karenken20

lunasaskye wrote: »
    Welcome to everyone moving into The Paddocks. I hope you will be very happy in your new homes and it will be a nice neighbourhood to live in. I am in a few weeks and settling in well as not from the area but have good friends in nearby Naas and Sallins. It will be great when the access road opens especially for those commuting on the train. It would also be great once more residents move in to look at setting up a Residents Association or even a WhatsApp Group for those who wish . For example, you might have been able to help someone out during the recent storm. One thing I have noticed about access through The Meadows is that none of the street lights are working there so I am going to email Kildare CoCo. as we also have no street lights set up so it is a long stretch of houses with no public lighting. Best of luck with the move and in your new home and life in The Paddocks.

Just in relation to the lack of street lights in the Meadows there has been an ongoing issue with the Receiver appointed to the Meadows and Kildare County council about this. The last update a few weeks ago was that the Receiver had given money to the council to get the lights situation sorted. The issue is that the Estate is not yet signed over to the Council.

We are in just over a week ourselves. Finding it difficult to get set up with Broadband. Has anyone gotten sorted with this get?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭zmgakt7uw2dvfs

How much are the detached houses selling for?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Thurn

You should check with the Agents because last time I checked in daft there was only one house left to be sold. The agents are Coonan from Maynooth.

karenken20 wrote: »
    We are in just over a week ourselves. Finding it difficult to get set up with Broadband. Has anyone gotten sorted with this get?

I can not comment on that because I did not move in yet 😑 . What is the problem with it? The connection or the companies being slow to come over to set it up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 karenken20

Thurn wrote: »
    I can not comment on that because I did not move in yet 😑 . What is the problem with it? The connection or the companies being slow to come over to set it up?

The connection it seems. Can't even get a company to come out as they say there is no connection in the estate. This is despite there being Virgin Media boxes in the house. Neighbours are in 4 weeks and have no broadband yet.

karenken20 wrote: »
    The connection it seems. Can't even get a company to come out as they say there is no connection in the estate. This is despite there being Virgin Media boxes in the house. Neighbours are in 4 weeks and have no broadband yet.
    wow! I do not understand that. I was just in and I was shown the boxes... So what are you supposed to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭deisecelt

I'm just off the phone with eir. I must of been passed through to every department. Anyway there are no plans for them to put a line into the paddocks in the near future which also rules out sky as they use the same line. I was speaking to virgin and it's a company called Smallworld that installs their lines and they are to come back to me. A glimmer of hope with virgin but I wouldn't hold my breath on getting tv or broadband anytime soon:(

We got our broadband with Virgin. Sky said they couldn't service this area. This was a few weeks back. I got a reply from Kildare CoCo regarding The Meadows lighting. They state Airtricity are due to fix the issue between 16-19th March. I have set up a group on Facebook called Newbridge Residents Community Forum to discuss issues and get recommendations and advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭dragon5678

We had ordered Sky broadband, KN engineer came and said there's no line so we can't do anything. Waited 2 weeks for them to say that.

We have virgin coming over this afternoon to get installed. Next door have it and works great. All the paddocks addresses now come up in the online checker I believe and when I rang I got a free install to put in the connection point as its all blank plates in ours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Kass13

Hiya
    Welcome everybody
    We bought in The Paddocks recently and getting our house snagged tomorrow and Monday.
    Any hints on what to look out for?
    How long did they take to complete all the snags?

Kass13 wrote: »
    Hiya
    Welcome everybody
    We bought in The Paddocks recently and getting our house snagged tomorrow and Monday.

My snagging was quite straight forward. The finishes were really good in my house. There were very few things and they were all done very promptly. Snagging was done, fixed and revised under a week.

I think that the slower part of all will be the County Council signing off. I have been waiting now for 2 weeks!! I was told that in some cases the County council can take up to 4 weeks to do the signing off. Considering that next week is Easter I have no hope what so ever to move in any time soon.

Was the house painted in white before the snag or after?

Don’t worry!
    Max two weeks more and you can move in!
    Were you abke to do anything inside (floors,etc.) before Co Co signs off?

Was the house painted in white before the snag or after?

Don’t worry!
    Max two weeks more and you can move in!
    Were you abke to do anything inside (floors,etc.) before Co Co signs off?

The house was painted before the snagging. I was told I could do flooring before moving in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

Hiya
    Welcome everybody

Can you explain tomorrow and monday to snag? Why 2 days

We have friendly structural egineer so we asked him to come over to take a look today and proffesional snaggers coming on Mon

Hi All
    Is the WhatsUpp group active already?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭dragon5678

Hi All
    Is the WhatsUpp group active already?
    Hi Kass

Not sure. I haven't heard of one yet. :)

Have you heard of the burglary in the estate on Thu night?
    Two houses have been broken into and gas boilers stolen.

Would be usefull to set up something to keep people in the loop on what is going on and to stay safe and aware?

We’re @ M. Woods no 189
    Pop in after 8pm to exchange phone no’s so we can set up sth

• Advertisement

Have you heard of the burglary in the estate on Thu night?
    Two houses have been broken into and gas boilers stolen.

Would be usefull to set up something to keep people in the loop on what is going on and to stay safe and aware?

That is awful to hear. Saw a garda car and locksmith van earlier in the week. Are the houses broken into occupied? We upgraded security with homewatch. We have a system app on phones called HKC secure comm and it alerts you if alarm goes off and which window or door as alarms and you can set/unset alarm through app . Alarm sensors on them all and motion sensors and perimeter sensors. Alarm was included in the house as it is a show house. That will be great to set up a neighbour watch type committee and whatsapp group to help us all look out for each other in this new community. I hope everyone is settling in well and hope to meet some new neighbours soon.

I set up a facebook group a while back called Newbridge Residents Community Forum. Feel free to join.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 bob b

Hi, I know this is a question that's been asked a lot and directions have been given to different agents and daft but I can't find out how much a three bed is roughly worth whether mid terrace, end terrace or semi d. Also they are expanding the paddocks (:-)) but any idea when they think the houses will be finished by?

Thanks so much and approx prices are ok too, we are so stretched for budget in Dublin.

Bobby

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Life1234

Hi all,

We viewed a 3 bed semi detached house for phase two in The Paddocks this week. We loved the house & we have reserved one.

We are currently waiting on the H2B to get back to us & everything should get up and running. We are moving from Dublin & the commute from Newbridge to Pearse Street (where my partner works) seems fine. We have looked online and we cannot seem to see prices for the train. Would anyone happen to know the approx monthly fare for the train from Newbridge - Pearse Street? Also, we have been told that the move in date should be August / September. Can I ask a couple of things please in relation to this.

1. If they are saying move in date is Aug / Sep, by your experience did this run over by much? When should be expect to move in?

2. How is the estate to live in currently? Is it a safe area?

Thanks so much in advance for the help.

Hi,

We viewed a 3 bed semi detached house for phase two in The Paddocks this week. We loved the house & we have reserved one.

We are currently waiting on the H2B to get back to us & everything should get up and running. We are moving from Dublin & the commute from Newbridge to Pearse Street (where my partner works) seems fine. We have looked online and we cannot seem to see prices for the train. Would anyone happen to know the approx monthly fare for the train from Newbridge - Pearse Street? Also, we have been told that the move in date should be August / September. Can I ask a couple of things please in relation to this.

1. If they are saying move in date is Aug / Sep, by your experience did this run over by much? When should be expect to move in?

dragon5678 wrote: »
    Hi All

Just went Sale Agreed on a 3-bed semi house in the 1st Phase of The Paddocks in Newbridge. Has anyone else been to view the development? What are your thoughts?

Moving out of Dublin to go there and the commute doesn't look too bad for the frequent train service.

Looking forward to finally living in a house that we own

I am not sure about the price of the train to Pearse Station. However, if you are planning to do that journey on a daily bases you should look into the tax saver scheme. You save a lot of money buying it through the scheme. You can buy tickets monthly or annually. If you buy them annually your saving will even be greater because you pay for 10 months but you get a 12 month ticket. As it is now Newbridge is not included in the Dublin leap zone so it is not as cheap as travelling form Sallins the next station up. However, this might change as there are a lot of petitions ongoing to get Newbridge included in the leap zone area.

Regarding the moving in date. In my case I was told that I could move in March but it actually ended being April. However, in the builders defence, last year we had a lot of bad weather. We had 2 lots of heavy snow and this delayed everything. Your best bet is actually come to see the house. In your case the site is within an open house state so you can drive over to see the progress any time. Also you can always drop and email to the builder to find out about the progress. He is brilliant and he even allowed me to go into my house several times to see the progress.

As for the safety of the state. I can tell you that is very safe. I just have to tell you that my neighbour next door left her front door wide open for a whole morning and by the time I realised and I closed it was lunch time and nobody had even noticed.

The area is also safe. There are primary and secondary schools in within walking distance. I actually walk into town several times a week and with Newbridge having a shopping centre (with most of the shops one needs) and tkmaxx I hardly ever go to Dublin for anything. Obviously the town will be 10 minutes closer once they open the road joining the state to station road. Unfortunately, the road is to be built by a different developer that is taking his time on getting the road... however, even like this I walk into town so its not far at all.

It is a new house state so we have a few issues that go with being so new. For example we are not in google yet so some neighbours have issues with deliveries. We have several of each house numbers but nobody knows which one is the right number 5 because the names of the streets are not up yet.

Up to now we did not have a green area which meant that the children did not have a place to play. However, by the time you move in I guess that the grass will be ready even for mowing! because its already coming up.

As you can see all the complaints are actually not important. I have been living here for a year and I am very happy about it.
    There is a whatsup group that is quite active so when you move in make sure you to join in.

Life1234 wrote: »
    Hi,

Hi,

Thanks so much for that message, it was extremely helpful. We will look into the tax saver scheme for the train.

The auctioneers have said that the move in date is September / October so hopefully it does not run out too long. We have been up a couple of times this week to see the house / area for the one we have reserved. As soon as everything is totally confirmed I will get onto the builder & see if we can come see the house.

We are delighted to hear that the estate is safe. It really does tick all the boxes for us & the amneities around the area seem brilliant. I don't think we will have to go to Dublin for anything other than visiting family / work as everything is on our door step.

Is there talk of when the new road (pedestrian access into The Paddocks) will be built?

I noticed that The Paddocks isn't on google maps yes. Over time, I am sure that will update. That is great about the green area for the children too.

Thank you so much for sharing this, it has really put our mind at ease. We will make sure to join the WhatsApp group when we move in, thank you.

Can I ask, has anyone availed of the HTB scheme? How was the whole process from start to finish?

Thanks for all the help! Really appreciate it.

Hi, my husband gets the train to Dublin daily. He gets the tax saver ticket through his employment. It is always packed on the train on the downside. We moved here due to his job and because it is commutable to Dublin as we were so priced out of Dublin. We didn't have much delay moving in as it was a showhouse we bought. We were the first to move in 16 months ago. We have no reason to believe it is not safe and lucky to have lovely neighbours and we help each other out and are friends now. The access road is dependent on another developer. All the plans are on Kildare County Council site under Stennock/Leeson Bros. No experience of h2b as we are second time buyers. Good luck with everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 analalala

Hi Life1234,

did you maybe have snagging already? Asking because we did this Today and the number of snags are unreal, house looks like is 10 years old and not 1 month old, still can belive...Anyway can you please share your experience. Thank you!

• Advertisement

Hi Ana Lalala,

Thanks for the message. We are only going to sign contracts this week so we aren't at that stage yet. Our house won't be ready until end of August so I think our snag list etc will happen then.

Is your house ready? It is a 3-bed semi detached?

What kind of things were on the snag list? Is there anything in particular that we should look out for?

Thanks so much.

analalala wrote: »
    Hi Life1234,

did you maybe have snagging already? Asking because we did this Today and the number of snags are unreal, house looks like is 10 years old and not 1 month old, still can belive...Anyway can you please share your experience. Thank you!

Advertisement