Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Reaction if Trump Wins versus Reaction If Biden wins?

Options
  • 29-10-2020 6:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭

If trump wins ....

Carnage....

He will open the country up ...covid spreads

If biden wins ....people will not accept it...

Carnage....lockdowns ...more carnage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,443 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Biden's likely to win big so people will accept it, why wouldn't they unless they just don't believe in democracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Biden's likely to win big so people will accept it, why wouldn't they unless they just don't believe in democracy.
    I don't think he will win big.

And i dont think everyone believes in democracy. I expect big reactions on either side.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

If Trump wins, riots continue and Democrats that still haven't accept Hillary's loss will fight him and Republicans at every corner.
    Trump will withhold aid for the cities torn apart by the riots and they will end up like Detroit.
    There could be a D-promoted civil war. We have already seen NFA marching armed and disciplined. NFA wants Texas as a non-white state (South Africa anyone?) and they have the guns to try and take it.

If Biden wins the riots will continue but I doubt there will be further political violence.

Whoever wins needs to do it decisively, by a large majority. There can be no ambiguity or either side will claim victory.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scot_in_Dublin

If trump wins ....

Carnage....

Think it all goes a little deeper than that. If President Trump is re-elected I would hope folks can accept it. But I would also hope they absolutely hold him to any promises he has made on the campaign trail, or lack thereof. Right now there have been no solid policies coming out of the WH for this campaign. He does have some thing under his belt around the middle east, but those are not as big as some folks think. His promises pre election in 2016 have at best been fulfilled to maybe 10% His healthcare policy to replace the ACA has been coming for two weeks since he came to office. His wall, which he used funding designated to the Pentagon to get done is falling down. His handling of Covid when compared to places New Zealand and even here has been at best erratic, and at worst negligent. He now has a political life to defend, some of which included employing folks who have gone on to be indicted, tried and convicted. The party he ran for, while keeping up appearances are putting things in place to distance themselves as far away as they can come the results of the election. Most folks seem to see this as a left or right thing. Realistically it's not. It's more of a are you a decent person thing. Neighbours to help each other out and all. Maybe I'm too much of a (to steal the rest of the lyrics from John Lennon) dreamer. But I know folks who are caught up in a lot of this and they are really worried for the outcome of this election. Hell, they're worried about going to vote, not only with the virus, but with the potential for armed folks being outside their polling station. If this was any other country in the world the UN would be asking to send in poll watchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I'm going to be interested to see what Biden does to stop the spread of Covid when (and its a when) he wins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Democracy! In America!

Biden to win I'd say, but it 'll be extremely close, but not much will change in the grand scheme of things, countries in serious trouble, gonna take a lot more than an administration change, for things to change there

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Some people seem to be blissfully ignorant of which side has caused most of the domestic terrorism in the USA and brought out the guns because the hairdressers wasn't open.

Some people seem to be blissfully ignorant of which side has caused most of the domestic terrorism in the USA and brought out the guns because the hairdressers wasn't open.

There's only truly one side in American politics, but with two factions

• Registered Users Posts: 23,656 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

If trump wins ....

Carnage....

People who wish to cause violence will find an excuse to do so in any case, regardless of who wins or doesn’t.

Personally, I think Trunp has it in the bag again, not because I care enough about American politics to support either candidate, but simply because the Office of the President of the US has become something of a running joke at this stage which nobody can honestly take seriously.

It’s as though either side of a two party system is more interested in playing the victim and pissing the other side off, than doing what they believe is necessarily in the best interests of the country and its people.

Either one of them gets elected or doesn’t get elected there’s gonna be riots and looting and making sure their economy doesn’t stand a snowballs chance in hell of recovery. Jeff Bezos will make another few billion out of it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

biko wrote: »
    If Trump wins, riots continue and Democrats that still haven't accept Hillary's loss will fight him and Republicans at every corner.
    Trump will withhold aid for the cities torn apart by the riots and they will end up like Detroit.
    There could be a D-promoted civil war. We have already seen NFA marching armed and disciplined. NFA wants Texas as a non-white state (South Africa anyone?) and they have the guns to try and take it.

If Biden wins the riots will continue but I doubt there will be further political violence.

Whoever wins needs to do it decisively, by a large majority. There can be no ambiguity or either side will claim victory.

What's NFA?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

McGaggs wrote: »
    What's NFA?

I think Biko is referring to the NFAC.
    They're a little known black militia. So little known that Biko doesn't know their name, but he's convinced that they could start a civil war and may take Texas.

Biko hasn't a clue what he's talking about.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Not_****ing_Around_Coalition

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭McHardcore

The NFAC taking Texas sounds like some scaremongering that Fox News would peddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

If Biden wins race relations will vastly improve, use of fossil fuels will decline rapidly, unemployment and poverty will melt away, guns will be banned, every major movie franchise will be re shot frame for frame using ethnic minority actors, social media monopolies will stop censoring political content, pussy grabbing will plummet while kid sniffing soars.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

McHardcore wrote: »
    The NFAC taking Texas sounds like some scaremongering that Fox News would peddle.

No, it's the National Futures Association. They're going to issue OTC derivatives to short Texas with the ultimate aim of owning it

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Trump wins -
    The democrat voters go into meltdown, twitter goes mad, riots, lootings , protests, a renewed democratic effort to brand him a fascist.

Biden wins -
    A small fringe conspires to say that the election was rigged, trump peacefully leaves office but says some crazy things on twitter, returns to trump tower and ghost writes another book.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭timetogo1

Wanderer78 wrote: »

She's a comedian. She does lots of videos like that.

This is clearly not real....

This is clearly not real....

thank fcuk, im not awake yet

• Registered Users Posts: 16,549 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

It's a parody video, check her twitter profile.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Trump wins -
    The democrat voters go into meltdown, twitter goes mad, riots, lootings , protests, a renewed democratic effort to brand him a fascist.

Biden wins - America enters multiple new wars, bringing peace to many regions
    A small fringe conspires to say that the election was rigged, trump peacefully leaves office but says some crazy things on twitter, returns to trump tower and ghost writes another book.

Added to your points.

Added to your points.

Good ol Halliburton run peace, with PMC contracts for decades gunning down brown children for playing too near americas oil field

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

If Biden seems to have just scraped a win the militias will be out in places like Michigan, one of these groups will take a senior Democrat hostage and demand a recount.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭recyclops

should trump win all the celebs who threatened to leave the country will crawl back under their rock and forget they ever said a thing

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bocaman

If Biden wins I expect some level of political violence. Proud Boys and other armed militias will take to the streets.

Should Trump win I expect there'll be riots in certain cities which Trump will point to and say "I told you so."

Biden needs to win big.

It's comedy. You'd be forgiven for missing that because it's not even slightly humorous.

bocaman wrote: »
    If Biden wins I expect some level of political violence. Proud Boys and other armed militias will take to the streets.

Should Trump win I expect there'll be riots in certain cities which Trump will point to and say "I told you so."

Biden needs to win big.

Meanwhile there are actual real verifiable riots going on right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

If Biden wins, Trump will call foul, and then the Proud Boys will be out shooting up everything.
    If Trump wins, he will feel validated for everything he's done and then the Proud Boys will be out shooting up everything.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 192 ✭✭Deshawn

Stand back and stand by guys.
    If Biden wins il be carrying out a dirty protest in Tesco

• Advertisement

I'm going to be interested to see what Biden does to stop the spread of Covid when (and its a when) he wins

My guess is that he will "get ill" or "get clinton-ed" and then the Dems get their female president of colour.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement