Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sennheiser BT350 with Irish Times subscription €97

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Could someone test their pair on a call for me? Be it on your phone or a laptop. I just want to see does everyone else experience the same problem of the mic being very sensitive and coming through the headset itself.

Yep I can hear my own audio through, such as my footsteps in the background if I'm walking on our wooden floor while in a call/mic is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭barry181091

Yep I can hear my own audio through, such as my footsteps in the background if I'm walking on our wooden floor while in a call/mic is on.

From my extensive research today, this may be a safety feature and cannot be turned off. This makes these virtually useless as a headset for calls.

But it was "free" and the sound quality apart from that is great! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

From my extensive research today, this may be a safety feature and cannot be turned off. This makes these virtually useless as a headset for calls.

But it was "free" and the sound quality apart from that is great! :o

I've had a few calls that have been great quality but appreciate that it's not everyone's cup of tea to have that feedback. My other half has noted that I don't shout as much on calls with them on as I would my other headphones so maybe there is some benefit! Haha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

Got an email today saying mine were on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

jhammer wrote: »
    Got an email today saying mine were on the way.

Lucky you. I had payment taken on the 4th of November but still no email about the headphones. Rang them yesterday and they assured me that I would get the email in the next couple of days...

• Advertisement

buyer95 wrote: »
    Lucky you. I had payment taken on the 4th of November but still no email about the headphones. Rang them yesterday and they assured me that I would get the email in the next couple of days...

Anyone else have payment taken and not heard anything on headphones? I'd been over a week...

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thejaguar

I've had a few calls that have been great quality but appreciate that it's not everyone's cup of tea to have that feedback. My other half has noted that I don't shout as much on calls with them on as I would my other headphones so maybe there is some benefit! Haha :)

Same for me - I like the feedback. It took a little bit of getting used to but it doesn't bother me anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

jhammer wrote: »
    Have contacted them to add my address for the Saturday delivery. The road beside me is listed but not mine! Hopefully wont be an issue.
    If no reply the eversion will suffice. Thanks OP

Anyone get their headphones yet? Do you know who to follow up with if not, is it newsdelivery.ie?

Anyone get their headphones yet? Do you know who to follow up with if not, is it newsdelivery.ie?

Mine came nearly two weeks after payment taken. Delighted with them, a great piece of kit. If yiu ring IT they will help you

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭starbaby2003

We got ours about four days after we got the email.

• Advertisement

We got ours about four days after we got the email.

Still no sign, been on to Irish Times twice. There is a problem with their supplier. Joke

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭RustyP

Still no sign, been on to Irish Times twice. There is a problem with their supplier. Joke

I've the same issue. And their customer service is a joke, takes them on average 10 days to reply to an email.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Smurts

RustyP wrote: »
    I've the same issue. And their customer service is a joke, takes them on average 10 days to reply to an email.

Same as that. Signed up in September and no sign. Just generic responses from their customer service, that’s when they do respond.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭starbaby2003

You should phone them. I had an issue and same as you really slow to answer. Called and got it resolved that day.

You should phone them. I had an issue and same as you really slow to answer. Called and got it resolved that day.

I did.

I did.

Conor Pope pontificating (thank you) about Eir for the last 10 years, when Irish Times are as bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Looks like this offer is back: https://www.irishtimes.com/subscribe/ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭ablelocks

thanks for the reminder that i still have a pair of these....!

ablelocks wrote: »
    thanks for the reminder that i still have a pair of these....!

I have mine paired with the TV for when I want to watch loud noises late at night. They're comfy and decent for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,001 ✭✭✭✭Esel

dulpit wrote: »
    I have mine paired with the TV for when I want to watch loud noises late at night. They're comfy and decent for that.
    Synaesthesia much? :)

I'm still waiting on my headphones from the original offer...

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

Could a mod remove the expired tag on this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭beardo81

Esel wrote: »
    Synaesthesia much? :)

I'm still waiting on my headphones from the original offer...

You are waiting 6+ months to receive your headphones?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,001 ✭✭✭✭Esel

beardo81 wrote: »
    You are waiting 6+ months to receive your headphones?
    Afraid so. Emailed them ages ago, no reply. I must give them a call.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭beardo81

Esel wrote: »
    Afraid so. Emailed them ages ago, no reply. I must give them a call.

Jeebus. I was considering this offer but with this level of service I will pass. Hope you get your cans soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭ablelocks

beardo81 wrote: »
    Jeebus. I was considering this offer but with this level of service I will pass. Hope you get your cans soon!

don't let one experience put you off - most of us got the headphones within a few days of our 1st months sub....

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭joficeduns1

Cheers for the bump, the subscription and cans will be handy for when the commute returns!

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭smilgy

I see I've just been charged 16e for the second months payment. Any idea when we could expect these to be delivered..?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭MadDogGreener

I received mine this week. About 10days after first payment (i.e. €16) went through.

Very happy with them. Working well for work calls as they support sidetone so you can hear yourself speaking. Also happy to discover they have multipoint. So have connected to phone and laptop at sametime. The IOS app also lets you change the EQ which will be reflected on other devices (i.e. its not just a local eq on the phone).

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭smilgy

I received mine this week. About 10days after first payment (i.e. €16) went through.

Very happy with them. Working well for work calls as they support sidetone so you can hear yourself speaking. Also happy to discover they have multipoint. So have connected to phone and laptop at sametime. The IOS app also lets you change the EQ which will be reflected on other devices (i.e. its not just a local eq on the phone).

Good stuff, hopefully mine come through in the next week or so! Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Spocker

Just posting here for others that might have signed up; my second months subscription was due on the 22nd June and was duly paid. No sign of the headphones by last Friday 2nd, so I logged a contact us request (in the morning), and got no reply - headphones delivered today by UPS

Advertisement