Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,126 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Maybe the whole country has conspired to fool you personally?

entirely possible.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

But who to choose? They're all so get-ridable.
    Hunger games.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,354 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

entirely possible.

April's fools ohnonotgmail:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

People being courteous!

I was stopped at the lights in Nexttownover earlier in the week. I was six out of eight cars back, and usually about ten cars get through the lights. The light goes green, and the car that's fourth in line stops to leave someone out of a garage. Only by the time they realise they're being waved out and actually start driving, the light has gone red. So now they're at the front of the queue, and the other four of us have gone ****ing nowhere. If that person hadn't been left out while the light was green, we'd have all gotten through the lights, the road would have been clear for them, and they'd have ended up in exactly the same position, except without four of us behind them.

Stop for people on red, not on green! :mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Slow hesitant drivers.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Wibbs wrote: »
    Slow hesitant drivers.
    Can I add slow hesitant drivers that stay on or over the white lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Was supposed to be on 2 weeks holidays starting Monday.
    Last night in bed got a call saying someone is gone out sick and can I come in.
    And these were supposed to be some of 2019's holidays.
    I don't mind too much but when you think you're having a lie in and then have to get up at 5am, its a bit of a shock to the system.
    Took me about 3 hours to go back to sleep afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,378 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Genuinely pissed off seeing the state of the Dodder banks, green area near my folks etc. this morning. And people bleating on about "Not enough bins, they're always full, blah blah blah." If you brought it with you full, you can fcuking well bring it home with you empty. There is literally no excuse for littering. Scumbags one and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

My rubber dollys are falling to pieces :(

And they aren't even that old :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,183 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Trying to find the correct place to pull a bin liner/bag off the roll!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,804 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Genuinely pissed off seeing the state of the Dodder banks, green area near my folks etc. this morning. And people bleating on about "Not enough bins, they're always full, blah blah blah." If you brought it with you full, you can fcuking well bring it home with you empty. There is literally no excuse for littering. Scumbags one and all.

Yep, 2021, where personal responsibilities are frowned on.. seems like a lot of the 18-25 year olds didn’t listen to their parents or didn’t get parented full stop..

Next it will be... “ yes, I drove my car on the path and hit and knocked down a family of 3 going to the park, but there were no signs ‘telling’ me not to..

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Trying to find the correct place to pull a bin liner/bag off the roll!.

And when you eventually do, it is another battle to try and open it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,354 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Awake till half 4 , up at 6 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Wibbs wrote: »
    Slow hesitant drivers.

Slow hesitant bus drivers also, running behind schedule and seemingly getting every red light deliberately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Knobs who think they are great for calling out an April Fools Day joke.
    Saw a very good one earlier and instead of playing along they had to comment and ruin it for everyone.

Oh look at me, I'm great I figured out it was a prank. Fook off.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

'Your parcel is out for delivery' ... taps foot impatiently! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

image.png

I have nothing else to add. I'm furious right now. Fcking hate Fastway so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,330 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Knobs who think they are great for calling out an April Fools Day joke.
    Saw a very good one earlier and instead of playing along they had to comment and ruin it for everyone.

Oh look at me, I'm great I figured out it was a prank. Fook off.

What was the prank?

My TA - so much to do, so little motivation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

image.png

I have nothing else to add. I'm furious right now. Fcking hate Fastway so much.

If it was DPD there'd be a pretend "we tried to deliver but delivery failed" status in their too. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Antares35 wrote: »
    If it was DPD there'd be a pretend "we tried to deliver but delivery failed" status in their too. :(

Contrarily I've actually had more positive experiences with DPD than negative - few and far between at least. Neither service are without fault but for me Fastway are among the worst I've ever dealt with - definitely more bad than good instances with them. I'm so unfortunate with them.

It's at a stage now where if I ever see Fastway as the courier service after I order something, I automatically think "welp, I won't be seeing that for an extra week".

The last time they did this, they told me they successfully delivered an item to my address (there is another household in my estate that has the same door number and same estate, just a different road linked to it - it's hard to explain, it's a big estate split into two sections (the only difference is one estate has 'East' at the end of it)) and I had told them they didn't, and they were adamant they did. They even lied about telling me they used the correct postcode, which they didn't, as it'd be impossible for them to go to the wrong door in that instance.

They didn't budge and refused to fix the problem. The resident of that address actually came to my door and dropped the parcel to me personally, saying that they must've gotten the house mixed up. Lovely woman, and I'm sure she's had this problem before with prior deliveries.

They've also left parcels at my door without knocking. On three separate occasions I've left my house to be met with a parcel at my foot, with no note nor text to tell me it was delivered. All of my biggest problems with regards to parcel deliveries have been with Fastway and it's gotten to a stage now where I get anxious seeing their name come up on the tracking number, because I know I'm not gonna see that parcel for at least another week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I'm the opposite, always found fast way brilliant :D sometimes I feel it's luck of the draw with driver routes etc. DPD have pulled some mad sh*t on me over the years, and it's funny when I tell them I've checked our (imaginary) CCTV and didn't see attempted deliveries, it will usually appear late in the evening very quietly and just left behind a gate or bin so we don't notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

People [oh] who want everything done right away but leave the dryer full of clothes so i cant use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,731 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Every second ad on FB is for those all-the-same, ugly, dead-eyed Funko Pops.
    Awful things that only have a passing resemblance to the characters.

Who actually likes these yokes?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,757 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Couriers TAing me too.
    I have all my work done and have tomorrow off but I'm waiting for a delivery before I can go. Due today before 6:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,526 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Every second ad on FB is for those all-the-same, ugly, dead-eyed Funko Pops.
    Awful things that only have a passing resemblance to the characters.

Who actually likes these yokes?

What on earth is a “funko pop”?

The tide is turning…

People using the term "Irish Stew" when they clearly have no idea what Irish Stew actually is.

Irish stew is made with lamb or mutton and is not browned or thickened.

The brown beef stew that your mammy used to make is NOT Irish Stew no matter where you are from, where the beef is from or where your mammy is from.
    If that's what your mammy called it, she was wrong.:mad::mad:

I have no idea why this bugs me so much but it does.
    Perhaps it's because I love Irish stew.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,571 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

People using the term "Irish Stew" when they clearly have no idea what Irish Stew actually is.

Irish stew is made with lamb or mutton and is not browned or thickened.

The brown beef stew that your mammy used to make is NOT Irish Stew no matter where you are from, where the beef is from or where your mammy is from.
    If that's what your mammy called it, she was wrong.:mad::mad:

I have no idea why this bugs me so much but it does.
    Perhaps it's because I love Irish stew.:p

If you said this to my mother she'd bate ya with the tea towel

PsychoPete wrote: »

I have no doubt that her brown beef stew is lovely but it isn't and never was Irish Stew.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,526 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

PsychoPete wrote: »

BeechSpoon12.jpg

The tide is turning…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,731 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

What on earth is a “funko pop”?

Google it, grandad.

It's a large headed, puny bodied plastic pop culture collectable figure.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement