Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

So last month we had an unwelcome furry visitor (mouse), managed to trap and release him.

This prompted the decision to get rid of the carpets, and get wooden floors, which prompted the decision to to remove the wallpaper and ceiling tiles and do a full make over (which was badly needed)

Finally finished last weekend (took a month cos it was a project that just kept giving in terms of problems, and most of the work was done after kids went to bed, but finishing up around 10 as to not annoy the neighbours)

So I'm tucked up in bed tonight and himself comes in and says he's 99% sure there's a mouse in the room.

So after about 30 mins of moving furniture and jumping as the fecker scurries across the room, we as in I manage to trap him under a plastic ikea box, then ensued the sliding of cardboard under to lift it, which didn't go well.... This took about an hour.

Mouse has been released outside but feck it anyway, everything has to be washed down again, skirting boards, toys etc.

No idea how they are getting in and we've the plug in buzzy thing that's supposed to annoy them grrrrrrrr

So last month we had an unwelcome furry visitor (mouse), managed to trap and release him.

This prompted the decision to get rid of the carpets, and get wooden floors, which prompted the decision to to remove the wallpaper and ceiling tiles and do a full make over (which was badly needed)

Finally finished last weekend (took a month cos it was a project that just kept giving in terms of problems, and most of the work was done after kids went to bed, but finishing up around 10 as to not annoy the neighbours)

So I'm tucked up in bed tonight and himself comes in and says he's 99% sure there's a mouse in the room.

So after about 30 mins of moving furniture and jumping as the fecker scurries across the room, we as in I manage to trap him under a plastic ikea box, then ensued the sliding of cardboard under to lift it, which didn't go well.... This took about an hour.

Mouse has been released outside but feck it anyway, everything has to be washed down again, skirting boards, toys etc.

No idea how they are getting in and we've the plug in buzzy thing that's supposed to annoy them grrrrrrrr

You’re very kind not to kill or poison the mouse, I’m the same, everything gets released, wasps, spiders, mice :rolleyes:

You’re very kind not to kill or poison the mouse, I’m the same, everything gets released, wasps, spiders, mice :rolleyes:

I think I hurt its tail as there was a bit of blood on the floor and it squeeked pretty loadly... (the box initially landed on his tail) but he was running about inside the box for an hour while we flaffed about getting cardboard to go under the box while we lifted it. So he should be fine.

Could do without all the cleaning that has to be done now.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

A steam cleaner is what you need (it makes easy work of the cleaning and disinfecting), as well as a humane trap and a bait of peanut butter and dark chocolate. :)

New Home wrote: »
    A steam cleaner is what you need (it makes easy work of the cleaning and disinfecting), as well as a humane trap and a bait of peanut butter and dark chocolate. :)

Yeah I have a steam cleaner, that will do the floor, but it's all the toys and bits n pieces that are on the floor.... The beading of the floors hasn't been attached either.

It's just frustrating after all the decorating.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

If I ever put down a mouse trap with chocolate and peanut butter in it then I would be posting in this thread about five minutes later saying that I'm stuck in a mouse trap.

My TA today is that I feel listless and tired and just want to go home to comfy bed. Normally I wake up full of energy and raring to go but today....

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

If I ever put down a mouse trap with chocolate and peanut butter in it then I would be posting in this thread about five minutes later saying that I'm stuck in a mouse trap.

Oh, the humanity!!! :pac:

Yeah I have a steam cleaner, that will do the floor, but it's all the toys and bits n pieces that are on the floor.... The beading of the floors hasn't been attached either.

It's just frustrating after all the decorating.

I was thinking more along the lines of blasting the toys, etc with the jet of steam, but I understand how demoralising it is to have to start all over. Also, not a good idea to do that on books. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I can’t pour Rice Krispies into a bowl without covering the floor in them :(

I was thinking more along the lines of blasting the toys, etc with the jet of steam, but I understand how demoralising it is to have to start all over. Also, not a good idea to do that on books. :o

Aaaaannnnddd the steam cleaner isn't working.... Breathe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Aaaaannnnddd the steam cleaner isn't working.... Breathe!

I am not sure breathing on it will clean it properly to be honest. ;)

My TA is been busy but not getting any proper work done. Yawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

That could be the same mouse again. Them and spiders are notorious for returning to the same house when you put them outside.

TA when you are spending a substantial amount or money in a place, you think they could at least be polite to you. No all you get is a pissed off attitude.

That could be the same mouse again. Them and spiders are notorious for returning to the same house when you put them outside.

TA when you are spending a substantial amount or money in a place, you think they could at least be polite to you. No all you get is a pissed off attitude.

To be fair it looked very similar, but I didn't catch his name :)

Well he was put in the field near the house not just outside the gate, who knows. We don't even know how he's getting on.... Other than actually seeing him, there's no droppings, shredded paper, etc that usually goes with the mice.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,288 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I just realised Duffy and Adele are 2 different people. They always inhabited the same space in my brain. Now I realise that I have no clue who Adele is.

Similar thing happened before with Ryan Gosling, Ryan Reynolds and Bradley Cooper. I thought they were all the same person until 2 of them were on Graham Norton one night.

TA about generic looks

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I just realised Duffy and Adele are 2 different people. They always inhabited the same space in my brain. Now I realise that I have no clue who Adele is.

Similar thing happened before with Ryan Gosling, Ryan Reynolds and Bradley Cooper. I thought they were all the same person until 2 of them were on Graham Norton one night.

TA about generic looks

I was the same with Adam Sandler, Ben Stiller and Steve Carell. I still have to look up their names because as soon as I remember one I forget the other two. Also, in my head, Steve Carell looks line an "Anthony". And his surname has two Rs, not one, in my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I was the same with Adam Sandler, Ben Stiller and Steve Carell. I still have to look up their names because as soon as I remember one I forget the other two. Also, in my head, Steve Carell looks line an "Anthony". And his surname has two Rs, not one, in my head.

To help you differentiate...Ben Stiller and Steve Carnell are actors and are also funny. Adam Sandler is an annoying, one dimensional, useless piece of
    Cardboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

If you want to release mice alive, fair enough.

But they need to go for a drive in the box folks - mile and a half or two miles - something like that. Never a back garden job.

You'll probably never find where they are getting in. They don't need a hole to be as big as themselves. It is kind of disgusting how they can get through the tiniest of holes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,288 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I still have to look up their names because as soon as I remember one I forget the other two.

I had to look up Ryan Reynolds and Bradley Cooper before posting above :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

topper75 wrote: »
    If you want to release mice alive, fair enough.

But they need to go for a drive in the box folks - mile and a half or two miles - something like that. Never a back garden job.

You'll probably never find where they are getting in. They don't need a hole to be as big as themselves. It is kind of disgusting how they can get through the tiniest of holes.
    Yeah i remember reading about a man who caught a mouse in a live trap. He took it outside and let it go.
    Next day he caught another one , looked very similar to the first so he marked it with nail varnish and let it go again. he kept on catching the same lad over and over despite he was walking further and further away each time he released it.
    You would need to take mousey for a spin or a good long walk and let him go. Take him to work maybe, after all they probably think of your home as their home too. They will be saying to each other 'why does this bloke keep stranding me out in the middle of nowhere? It took me three bleedin hours to get back home last time!'

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

TA about generic looks

Yeah and Bill Paxton and Bill Pullman.

• Advertisement

Yeah i remember reading about a man who caught a mouse in a live trap. He took it outside and let it go.
    Next day he caught another one , looked very similar to the first so he marked it with nail varnish and let it go again. he kept on catching the same lad over and over despite he was walking further and further away each time he released it.
    You would need to take mousey for a spin or a good long walk and let him go. Take him to work maybe, after all they probably think of your home as their home too. They will be saying to each other 'why does this bloke keep stranding me out in the middle of nowhere? It took me three bleedin hours to get back home last time!'
    You'd have to put chalk dust all along the "skirting" of every external wall of the house, every doorframe and every window frame (all in different colours, do when you catch it again it'd be covered in that dust) to figure out where its access point is. As far as mice go, they only need a gap the size of a Bic biro!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

TA about generic looks

Anne Hathaway and Natalie Portman are my 2.The only way i know the difference is Anne Hathaway has enormous teeth

I've got shivers reading all the mouse related posts,I absolutely hate rodents but would never hurt them as I'm also terrified of traps,even thinking about them snapping makes me squirm. I've no fear of spiders and they are all removed intact outside as no one else here will touch them, big strapping young fellas and I think they're actually afraid of spiders.

TA a crow flew in the velux window which was only slightly opened, he made an terrible racket and frightened the life out of me,worse still he obviously got an awful fright and pooped absolutely everywhere in a very short space of time, all down the inside if the window, all over clothes that of course were just washed, all over the bed linen and also ripped the duvet cover. The window is usually wide open but its never happened before,hard to believe one bird can cause such a mess.

I've got shivers reading all the mouse related posts,I absolutely hate rodents but would never hurt them as I'm also terrified of traps,even thinking about them snapping makes me squirm. I've no fear of spiders and they are all removed intact outside as no one else here will touch them, big strapping young fellas and I think they're actually afraid of spiders.

TA a crow flew in the velux window which was only slightly opened, he made an terrible racket and frightened the life out of me,worse still he obviously got an awful fright and pooped absolutely everywhere in a very short space of time, all down the inside if the window, all over clothes that of course were just washed, all over the bed linen and also ripped the duvet cover. The window is usually wide open but its never happened before,hard to believe one bird can cause such a mess.

Could be worse, ya might have been in 'closer proximity' if you were having a 'Duvet Day' Duvet Day :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Sending sterling to England and used a currency transfer place (Good review on Its your money, so no horror story) so people on other side wouldn't have to pay a fee for exchange, I put in the amount of STG I required, it told me how much Euro I needed and transferred it.....
    It arrived in their account bright and early Wednesday morning, I was impressed (from 5.20pm Monday) except, it was £46 short of what I requested and paid for. So i emailed them as a what happened?

I was told, the rates aren't guaranteed and i should have overpaid into the account to make sure the other side received the exact amount,

All I could say to that was, So if I require the exact amount to get to a person I should use a real bank?

Anyone else have anything like that happen, Ive never heard of it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭HeyV

TA at the miserable evening it is... wet, dull and getting SO dark! :(
    Even it was just cloudy and overcast, it’d be better than this... I’m really not ready for the evenings closing in - not just yet anyway!
    Also, the battery in my clock is gone too :(

My massive TA is with myself. I keep making grammatical errors, it's bugging the hell out of me. It's "I've run", not "I've ran" and it's "Is the list of items [etc]?, not "Are the list of items [etc]?"!!! Damn it!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,089 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

My massive TA is with myself. I keep making grammatical errors, it's bugging the hell out of me. It's "I've run", not "I've ran" and it's "Is the list of items [etc]?, not "Are the list of items [etc]?"!!! Damn it!

"is the list of items" is correct. a list may contain many items but the list itself is singular

That's why I'm annoyed at myself!!! :mad: :D

I know these things, but while I'm drafting an email I end up changing the sentences as I go along and re-read the what I've written, I can sense that something's off but I only notice the errors after I've sent them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,089 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

That's why I'm annoyed at myself!!! :mad: :D

I know these things, but while I'm drafting an email I end up changing the sentences as I go along and re-read the what I've written, I can sense that something's off but I only notice the errors after I've sent them.

apologies, i misread your post. second guessing yourself is a curse.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement