Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BOSE QuietComfort QC35 II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

^^ now you tell me haha

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I keep seeing this bubble up but I have a perfectly fine working set of QC25s and Bose In-ears and the problem is that they're too well built. They refuse to break so I can upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭The lips

torrevieja wrote: »
    Picking mine up tomorrow for €207. :)

Do tell where.... 🀔

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

These are now €252 on Amazon.es

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Boradriver

spockety wrote: »
    These are now €252 on Amazon.es

Not bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Sorry guys only getting back now yes someone mentioned here that they were online with Media Markt so when I ordered them online there was a 20% deduction so my mate picked them up in store in Spain which was cheaper , he said they had them in the store for €323 must be gone up again

Bit the bullet and bought these on Amazon.es. €265 inc express delivery.. which was only €1 more than standard delivery for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

spockety wrote: »
    Bit the bullet and bought these on Amazon.es. €265 inc express delivery.. which was only €1 more than standard delivery for some reason.

You sir just cost me €265, was watching them for ages but finally ordered a set with express delivery for €1 too

Wow these are fantastic can connect to different Bluetooths as well sound is amazing and the price of €207 even better :D

€265 is great, especially knowing Amazon will look after you if you have any issues. You might get it slightly cheaper elsewhere but good luck if you need support in the future.

• Advertisement

Boradriver wrote: »
    €265 is great, especially knowing Amazon will look after you if you have any issues. You might get it slightly cheaper elsewhere but good luck if you need support in the future.

Do u realise how big Media Markt is ? Check it out

Do u realise how big Media Markt is ? Check it out

The Flaming Lips did a good song with that title once. Check that out.

In all seriousness, they're more expensive from Media Markt than Amazon at the moment. So if you got them on a deal, that's fantastic but I don't think anyone here is too interested in hearing that more than once.

Received mine this morn from amazon.es via an post. Ordered Thurs night. They are pretty sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Does ANC feel weird for anybody else? It feels like there is pressure against my ears.

Boradriver wrote: »
    The Flaming Lips did a good song with that title once. Check that out.

In all seriousness, they're more expensive from Media Markt than Amazon at the moment. So if you got them on a deal, that's fantastic but I don't think anyone here is too interested in hearing that more than once.

I’m telling people to watch that site I didn’t know I was going to get a 20% Discount at checkout so worth watching :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

CyberGhost wrote: »
    Does ANC feel weird for anybody else? It feels like there is pressure against my ears.

Yes, it takes some time to adjust to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Yes, it takes some time to adjust to that.

Did you experience any ringing in the ears? I've been reading a lot about them messing with people's hearing.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/04/27/it-programmer-killed-himself-after-music-in-his-headphones-gave-him-tinnitus-7502816/

I've only tried Bose and Sony in Harvey Norman's, both produce the same pressure feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Jaysus !!!
    That’s awful.....
    Mine arrive Monday....
    I haven't heard about this happening before

• Registered Users Posts: 4,123 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Jaysus !!!
    That’s awful.....
    Mine arrive Monday....
    I haven't heard about this happening before
    People have mentioned it in this thread previously

I heard about the pressure feeling but not that they can cause tinnitus

• Advertisement

did a quick google.. doesn't seem to be too much of a link between noise canceling head phones and tinnitus....

I’m telling people to watch that site I didn’t know I was going to get a 20% Discount at checkout so worth watching :rolleyes:

They had some flash offers to celebrate being open 20 years, that's how you got that discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Did you experience any ringing in the ears? I've been reading a lot about them messing with people's hearing.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/04/27/it-programmer-killed-himself-after-music-in-his-headphones-gave-him-tinnitus-7502816/

I've only tried Bose and Sony in Harvey Norman's, both produce the same pressure feeling.

Just a warning to people on here. I have developed tinnitus from buying the https://www.sony.ie/electronics/headband-headphones/mdr-100abn

I never had any hearing problems before, but within about 3 weeks I had tinitus. Just woke up one morning and it was there. Doubt it's Bose specific. Something to avoid if you can, as there is no cure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Yet to experience any ringing in ears or anything like that mentioned in the article. Then again most of the days I only use it for couple of hours. Dont really use it for long hours.

Feck! This tinnitus is puting me off!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

cronos wrote:
    I never had any hearing problems before, but within about 3 weeks I had tinitus. Just woke up one morning and it was there. Doubt it's Bose specific. Something to avoid if you can, as there is no cure.

Tinnitus is caused by exposure to persistent loud noise. I've got it from going to gigs and djing. I reckon from using these you may have subconciously trained your ears to listen 'harder' and are now noticing something that was there all along.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

sweetie wrote: »
    Tinnitus is caused by exposure to persistent loud noise. I've got it from going to gigs and djing. I reckon from using these you may have subconciously trained your ears to listen 'harder' and are now noticing something that was there all along.

I don't think so. This is from having discussed it with an ENT consultant from the Matter.

These arrived this morning, pretty impressive so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Chiparus

cronos wrote: »
    I don't think so. This is from having discussed it with an ENT consultant from the Matter.

Tinnitus is caused by prolonged exposure to loud noise, If you got tinnitus it was probably because you wearing headphones ,the noise cancelling while associative is likely not to be causative

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

If you use these "wired", does the battery last longer? Or is the battery going on the NC, rather than on the bluetooth?

Advertisement