Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Three dead as woman beheaded in France

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 deBeauvoir

statesaver wrote: »
    What two evils, western civilisation or savages ?

Le Pen :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭raclle

deBeauvoir wrote: »
    I don't know how to work with this bad analogy, but I'll try!
    That was just an analogy of how ludicrous your posts are like the one below.
    We're part of the European Union and we've made agreements. We've voted for our leaders Macron, Merkel, and Enda Kenny. It's not the Muslims' fault. Very ironic the Macron is now turning on them to win vetos! But I guess it's the better of two evils.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Damien360

Le Pen :rolleyes:

At some point in the future, Europe will stop turning the other cheek, and violence will be met with violence. The current events in France are playing directly into her hands. If you think Muslims are persecuted in some way now, she will crank it up many times over. Ireland is relatively conservative compared to our European brethren but that could also change if/when the violence lands here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭raclle

Damien360 wrote: »
    At some point in the future, Europe will stop turning the other cheek, and violence will be met with violence. The current events in France are playing directly into her hands. If you think Muslims are persecuted in some way now, she will crank it up many times over. Ireland is relatively conservative compared to our European brethren but that could also change if/when the violence lands here.
    I was thinking the same but didn't want to bring it up...WW3???

Putting your freedom of expression to good use I see! :rolleyes:

Most people who want to deport the Muslims sound like Enoch Powell hiding their true intentions and unwilling to confront the ones that already are citizens!

And yet, you've failed to actually address any of the reasons that posters put forward about deportation or the revoking of citizenship. You popped up in the multiculturalism thread with the same vague accusations, but didn't do more than make accusations.
    We're part of the European Union and we've made agreements. We've voted for our leaders Macron, Merkel, and Enda Kenny. It's not the Muslims' fault. Very ironic the Macron is now turning on them to win vetos! But I guess it's the better of two evils.

Ahh yes, because the last decade of Islamic violence in France, doesn't have any relevance to Macron's stance? :rolleyes:

And I would say that it is Muslims fault that this is happening because they've rarely shown any united front against the violence done in the name of their religion. Minor public statements against the violence in general terms, but the communities continue to shelter those with hostile attitudes towards the west. When we see them reporting or turning in Muslims with obvious terrorist or militant links to the authorities, then, I'll consider Muslims to be interested in helping to prevent violence... there's been extremely little of that so far though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Frankie Machine

Putting your freedom of expression to good use I see! :rolleyes:

Most people who want to deport the Muslims sound like Enoch Powell hiding their true intentions and unwilling to confront the ones that already are citizens!

Enoch Powell. I mean really, what sort of half-baked case are you trying to make ?

The peddling o Enoch Powell as some kind of uniquely evil racial supremacist, is just ignorant anachronism.

He was really no such thing, despite what you, at least one mod on here, and far too many over-simple loony lefties need to believe.

Loonie lefties of some intellect and substance, on the other hand, saw things a bit more perceptively -
    The Labour Party MP Michael Foot remarked to a reporter that it was "tragic" that this "outstanding personality" had been widely misunderstood as predicting actual bloodshed in Britain, when in fact he had used the Aeneid quotation merely to communicate his own sense of foreboding.

https://www.chroniclesmagazine.org/article/to-see-and-to-speak/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

I know it is a cack handed way of making some point but you are actually saying the Irish navy personnel should shoot people in rafts because they are Muslims.

Have you mental health issues? Seriously, get help.

Thats the point i was trying to make .

you have people beheading innocent women because THEY ARE NOT MUSLIMS.

I was trying to highlight how stupid it is killing people because of religion. If you actually read my posts previous you might have actually grasped this, and in your hurry to complain missed the point completely.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Enoch Powell. I mean really, what sort of half-baked case are you trying to make ?

The peddling o Enoch Powell as some kind of uniquely evil racial supremacist, is just ignorant anachronism.

He was really no such thing, despite what you, at least one mod on here, and far too many over-simple loony lefties need to believe.

Loonie lefties of some intellect and substance, on the other hand, saw things a bit more perceptively

Enoch Powell was right. Look at the stabbings happening in the UK today enough to make rivers of blood.

The UK would be in far better place today if there were more in power like Powell.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

Muslims from Pakistan to Lebanon to the Paestinian territories poured out of Friday prayer services to join anti-France protests.

It comes after a knife-wielding Tunisian man carrying a copy of the Koran killed three people at a church in Nice.

Protesters gathered outside the French embassy in London carrying signs that read “Emmanuel Macron do not divide humanity” and “Islam is a religion of peace and love”.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/police-break-up-protest-outside-french-embassy-in-london-b30221.html

**** me, imagine protesting against France about their decision to support the caricature of Mohammed right after someone from their religion committed an atrocity because France allowed a caricature of Mohammed.

Whilst holding a sign saying "Islam is the religion of peace".

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Mehapoy

If these Muslim outrages don't prompt the governments to cut off the illegal refugees trying to come Into Europe nothing will. F**K the bleeding heart liberals, they should be dismantling the people traffickers, any boat in the med, rescue the people on board and process them to take records, deposit them back to Tunisia or Libya and sink the boat. Perhaps if the economic migrants on board can help identify the people traffickers and bring about their conviction they may be allowed in, as long as they are a female or a child.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

To DeBeauvair et al, As a former Trinity arts block leftie, there was a time about 10 years ago where I would have been trying to pin this sort of attack on the various unjust wars started in Middle Eastern countries by the west and paint those who disagreed as basically racist troglydites.

However, after gaining a bit of life experience and doing some research, it turns out Islam is just the motherlode of bad ideas. Mainstream muslims are as right wing as it gets and their values are just incompatible with Classic liberal western values. If you consider yourself a liberal and support immigration of people who follow this medieval death cult, you are misguided at best and at worst the reason for the inevitable death and rape of our citizens in the near future.

From the far right publication, the Guardian:
    However, when asked to what extent they agreed or disagreed that homosexuality should be legal in Britain, 18% said they agreed and 52% said they disagreed, compared with 5% among the public at large who disagreed. Almost half (47%) said they did not agree that it was acceptable for a gay person to become a teacher, compared with 14% of the general population.

In a series of questions on the terror threat in Britain, 4% said they sympathised with people who took part in suicide bombings (1% said they completely sympathised and 3% said they sympathised to some extent), and 4% said they sympathised with people who committed terrorist actions as a form of political protest generally.

Nearly a quarter (23%) supported the introduction of sharia law in some areas of Britain, and 39% agreed that “wives should always obey their husbands”, compared with 5% of the country as a whole. Two-thirds (66%) said they completely condemned people who took part in stoning adulterers, and a further 13% condemned them to some extent. Nearly a third (31%) thought it was acceptable for a British Muslim man to have more than one wife, compared with 8% of the wider population.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Organised religion. Simultaneously the best business plan ever created and the most prolific mass murderer we will ever see.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭malinheader

DelaneyIn wrote: »
    https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/police-break-up-protest-outside-french-embassy-in-london-b30221.html

**** me, imagine protesting against France about their decision to support the caricature of Mohammed right after someone from their religion committed an atrocity because France allowed a caricature of Mohammed.

Whilst holding a sign saying "Islam is the religion of peace".

Would any posters on here who think that Islam is the religion of peace care to tell us what would happen if a group of westerners held a protest in the same places based on the same agendas.
    I myself don't think you would be ever protesting again.
    Time to fight fire with fire

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

"I simply do not have the right to shrug my shoulders and think about something else. What he is saying, thousands and hundreds of thousands are saying and thinking – not throughout Great Britain, perhaps, but in the areas that are already undergoing the total transformation to which there is no parallel in a thousand years of English history. We must be mad, literally mad, as a nation to be permitting the annual inflow of some 50,000 dependents, who are for the most part the material of the future growth of the immigrant descended population. It is like watching a nation busily engaged in heaping up its own funeral pyre. So insane are we that we actually permit unmarried persons to immigrate for the purpose of founding a family with spouses and fiancées whom they have never seen.[6][7]"

He wasn't wrong, was he?

🙈🙉🙊

Daragh1980 wrote: »
    So you condone the beheadings?

Do you think that’s something to be proud of?

What?

Where the hell did you get that from any of my posts on this thread?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 315 ✭✭coinop

John Doe1 wrote: »
    To DeBeauvair et al, As a former Trinity arts block leftie, there was a time about 10 years ago where I would have been trying to pin this sort of attack on the various unjust wars started in Middle Eastern countries by the west and paint those who disagreed as basically racist troglydites.

However, after gaining a bit of life experience and doing some research, it turns out Islam is just the motherlode of bad ideas.

Fair play for copping on and actually opening your eyes to the reality of the world around you (and not basing your worldview on what Twitter or Boards.ie hermits tell you.) Sadly many, many lefties never mature beyond their Che Guevara tshirt stage and like to pretend they're fighting evil Nazis when they attack ordinary, decent family men showing pride in their country. Tell me - do you ever read back on your old posts on this site and cringe?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,265 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The terrorists mother was on claiming there was not way he did, talk about being deluded.

It's good to see Macron finally grow a pair and call out that toxic religion for what it is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

The terrorists mother was on claiming there was not way he did, talk about being deluded.

It's good to see Macron finally grow a pair and call out that toxic religion for what it is.

They always interview the vile scum’s mother and she always pulls the same crap.

Tenner says there was whatever their version of a happy dance was at seeing what her bastard of a son had done.

Gervais08 wrote: »
    They always interview the vile scum’s mother and she always pulls the same crap.

Tenner says there was whatever their version of a happy dance was at seeing what her bastard of a son had done.

It was Sky News I saw it on, she was demanding to see evidence that it was him did it.

I'd say the fact that he cut an innocent persons head off would be evidence enough.

Shower of savages over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Frankie Machine

What?

Where the hell did you get that from any of my posts on this thread?

It's remarkable.

I've said it before and I'll say it again -

When you see people starting with 'So you're saying/condoning/agreeing that... et al...' you can be reasonably sure they are going to get it wrong, and deliberately so as often as not.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

It was Sky News I saw it on, she was demanding to see evidence that it was him did it.

I'd say the fact that he cut an innocent persons head off would be evidence enough.

Shower of savages over there.
    Ah c'mon G, I'm certainly no Right On progressive for feck's sake, but that mother is doing what many if not most mothers and fathers for that matter no matter where they're from would do when faced with the horror of a child doing something so utterly vile. She's grieving and the stages of grief are universal and the first one is denial. She's trying to hang on to the fantasy image of her son, not the monstrous thing that he turned into who butchered a woman not unlike herself. Can you imagine the shock of hearing that? Of course she's "looking for evidence" it was him. It's her mind trying to protect itself against such a horror.

Now whether the poor woman reaches the end stage of acceptance is another thing. In today's climate not so easy as there will be enough vested interests around to plug into the next stages of anger and bargaining and lay the blame on the West.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Ah c'mon G, I'm certainly no Right On progressive for feck's sake, but that mother is doing what many if not most mothers and fathers for that matter no matter where they're from would do when faced with the horror of a child doing something so utterly vile. She's grieving and the stages of grief are universal and the first one is denial. She's trying to hang on to the fantasy image of her son, not the monstrous thing that he turned into who butchered a woman not unlike herself. Can you imagine the shock of hearing that? Of course she's "looking for evidence" it was him. It's her mind trying to protect itself against such a horror.

Now whether the poor woman reaches the end stage of acceptance is another thing. In today's climate not so easy as there will be enough vested interests around to plug into the next stages of anger and bargaining and lay the blame on the West.

Not one word of sympathy from her or the rest of her family though for the innocent people who were just in their church doing no harm to anyone and met their death at the hands of this lunatic.

The tears were all for him.

Not one word of sympathy from her or the rest of her family though for the innocent people who were just in their church doing no harm to anyone and met their death at the hands of this lunatic.

The tears were all for him.

To be fair, I think any such statement would be criticised regardless of the sentiment. Better to stay quiet. Damned if you do, and damned if you don't.

And any such sympathy might place them in the cross-hairs of whoever recruited/trained/supported their son to do the deed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 70 ✭✭Himpy5

Looks like they're at it again.
    A Greek Orthodox priest blasted in the face with a sawn off shotgun as he locked up his church in Lyon

To be fair, I think any such statement would be criticised regardless of the sentiment. Better to stay quiet. Damned if you do, and damned if you don't.

And any such sympathy might place them in the cross-hairs of whoever recruited/trained/supported their son to do the deed.

I'm not buying it, I doubt a word or two to express their condolences to the victims would have had the jihadists knocking down their door.

The cynic in me says they couldn't care less about the victims, there is a lot of hate directed towards France from muslims over the last few days even before this because of what he said recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,236 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Goes without saying that belief system is a terminal cancer in Europe unless it is cut out.

This is early days and France will suffer attacks that will shock it to its core before it acts.

All of Europe faces the same, including ourselves.

there is a lot of hate directed towards France from muslims over the last few days even before this because of what he said recently.

Yet the same muslims who slate france and complain will still flood there in their droves and complain when they get there.

If they dont like it they should go home..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

Himpy5 wrote: »
    A Greek Orthodox priest blasted in the face with a sawn off shotgun as he locked up his church in Lyon

Mentally ill gun?

Himpy5 wrote: »

placeholder for some person to claim its the fault of "Call of duty" or some other absolutely retarded excuse rather than call it for what it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

Yet the same muslims who slate france and complain will still flood there in their droves and complain when they get there.

If they dont like it they should go home..

There are many people presenting the different choices these potential murderers have.

That's a bad frame of mind.

They shouldn't have any choices. When someone wants to move into your home, it's YOUR choice that matters, and only your choice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement