Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭ongarite

Same issues as everyone else.
    Oversized package delivered last Friday 15th, have POD.

Not checked in so far and I can't add package to "Find My Parcel/Parcel Diary" as it giving errors.
    Sounds like their IT systems are having serious issues.

If anyone has phone number for them, post it please so I can try and contact them on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭djan

Have had parcels that were accepted to Dublin depot as early as 18th May but still only showing as "Parcel Motel In Transit". Anybody have this issue?

Just a heads up. PM at Newlands X is out of action the last two days. Have emailed them awaiting a response.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

Got an over size item (which I didn’t realise would be) delivered to them on the 23rd. Item Location is showing as “with customer” despite me not collecting it. Do they automatically send it onto my nearest depot?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 rodia77

Hi all, anything I can do if the PIN I received in email/text notifications returns and error and my parcel keeps sitting in the locker (at least, according to the status when I log into my PM account)? I wrote to the support, no reply. I filed the 'find my parcel' form, no reply. Do they have a working phone number I could call? TIA.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

rodia77 wrote:
    Hi all, anything I can do if the PIN I received in email/text notifications returns and error and my parcel keeps sitting in the locker (at least, according to the status when I log into my PM account)? I wrote to the support, no reply. I filed the 'find my parcel' form, no reply. Do they have a working phone number I could call? TIA.

Are you sure you're checking the correct locker? I've had this before when it's busy, they deliver to a close by parcel motel in the same town when there's no space. Check the text to be sure..

• Registered Users Posts: 30 rodia77

tedpan wrote: »
    Are you sure you're checking the correct locker? I've had this before when it's busy, they deliver to a close by parcel motel in the same town when there's no space. Check the text to be sure..

You were so right, thank you! PM made me have a 1h walk but that's a good thing, all in all.

rodia77 wrote:
    You were so right, thank you! PM made me have a 1h walk but that's a good thing, all in all.

No probs, glad you got sorted!

F34 wrote:
    Got an over size item (which I didn’t realise would be) delivered to them on the 23rd. Item Location is showing as “with customer†despite me not collecting it. Do they automatically send it onto my nearest depot?

No, usually it will be available for collection at the finglas head office. If not, it will be delivered to your home address for an extra charge. I'd try calling them if you can't sort it online..

Yes, lots of people are in the same boat

I've been waiting 5 days now for one of mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

No, usually it will be available for collection at the finglas head office. If not, it will be delivered to your home address for an extra charge. I'd try calling them if you can't sort it online..

Cheers got hold of them this morning so getting it delivered. They had marked the item as with customer so that was causing an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Anybody else having terrible trouble trying to contact parcel motel?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Every delivery service is under extreme pressure at the moment. As one person described it - Black Friday every day.

silver2020 wrote: »
    Every delivery service is under extreme pressure at the moment. As one person described it - Black Friday every day.

Yea but I’ve been trying for 2 days on the phone to speak to a person and having no joy. Been left on hold 30minutes at a time

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Yea but I’ve been trying for 2 days on the phone to speak to a person and having no joy. Been left on hold 30minutes at a time

They were like that before the virus struck.

whiterebel wrote: »
    They were like that before the virus struck.

Can’t say I’ve ever had trouble getting through before. They’re not the most
    Pleasant folk to speak to but they Always answered. This week it’s like they shut up shop

So how long between “your parcel has arrived “ (Uk delivery address) and delivery to box with code?

So how long between “your parcel has arrived “ (Uk delivery address) and delivery to box with code?

It really depends, between 1 and 5 days in my recent experience..

It really depends, between 1 and 5 days in my recent experience..

Cheers thanks/ I’ll see how it goes. I have a similar package being delivered to door (didn’t realise at the time amazon sold this product) coming destined June 4th- let’s see what arrives first

Cheers thanks/ I’ll see how it goes. I have a similar package being delivered to door (didn’t realise at the time amazon sold this product) coming destined June 4th- let’s see what arrives first

Ah I had a similar package delivered today. It was oversized, sent the request for home delivery on Wednesday, so was happy with the service. The strange thing was it was delivered by DPD, nightline owns Parcel motel who is owned by UPS, they must be teaming up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

Much quicker deliveries for me this week. 2 packages delivered to Newtownabbey yesterday morning and both in a locker for 10pm last night.

I've been waiting 5 days now for one of mine.

7 days and still no sign of it. No one from customer service getting back to me on two raised tickets.

7 days and still no sign of it. No one from customer service getting back to me on two raised tickets.

Same for me.
    Package delivered 2 weeks ago and hasn't shown up my account.
    Opened ticket and tried to get reply from Twitter account.
    Radio silence!!

ongarite wrote:
    Same for me. Package delivered 2 weeks ago and hasn't shown up my account. Opened ticket and tried to get reply from Twitter account. Radio silence!!

Grahamer72 wrote:

Yeah the system is a joke. The only way to resolve is call them first thing on Tuesday, wait 30-40 mins until they answer and then it's usually quickly sorted..

PM me the phone number please.
    Can't see it on their website

So, i've just had another email from them saying a package has arrived in the Dublin depot. It has a different PM number to the one i'm still waiting on but i've not ordered anything to be sent there. I'm presuming it's the missing package with a different (new) label on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭VG31

So, i've just had another email from them saying a package has arrived in the Dublin depot. It has a different PM number to the one i'm still waiting on but i've not ordered anything to be sent there. I'm presuming it's the missing package with a different (new) label on it.

That happened to me before in December 2 or 3 years ago. It was reprocessed twice so I was charged three times for the same package. They refunded me and gave me some credit to make up for the inconvenience.

They seem to have lost an item that was marked "Delivered" on the 21st May by Royal Mail. I have the tracking number and everything.

Lodged a support ticket on the 27th May and got an automated response. Other than that, nothing. Received another item that was delivered on the 26th so I knew then there was an issue. Really annoying as it's an important piece of equipment I need for my work, so I ordered another one from an Irish supplier at 3 times the price - turns out they are drop shipping it from the UK. :mad: So much for supporting Irish businesses.

Tried calling again today. On hold for 30 minutes. No answer. Has anyone got another number for them?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Was it over size or over weight? Might be at a depot instead of at your local locker. Never had a problem with them yet, but as already said, they're busy.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

Advertisement