Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Officer 2020 in the Civil and Public Service

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭natc

TrishaK wrote: »
    If they are being deducted pre rate the payment already deducted are being refunded to them in due course and they can cancel their swy

Maybe some departments vary depending on their individual HR guidelines. I know in my department SWY cannot be cancelled if opted for pro rata payment deduction.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭laoisgem

natc wrote: »
    If they applied and are having their wage deducted pro-data as most do then they can’t cancel they can just move the dates. It looks like a lot of people will try move it to later in the year so it could be that TCOs won’t be required until the new school term I’d say. I think that’s when a lot of offices will go back to more normal working patterns and capacity

As per the above post, swy is allowed to be cancelled but it probable depends on each department.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭daffodill50

Any Donegal summer Tco's started, or had any contact about starting yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Scouseouse

Did you get an interview and offer for Donegal (Summer)?

Scouseouse wrote: »
    Did you get an interview and offer for Donegal (Summer)?

Interview was in January, haven't heard a thing since Garda vetting was completed a few weeks after that.

• Advertisement

Interview was in January, haven't heard a thing since Garda vetting was completed a few weeks after that.

Wow, covid has been such a gamechanger that bringing in temp staff might be on hold. I didnt get an interview, was number 50 Donegal for summer only. I don't think I will be called at this stage.

Wow, covid has been such a gamechanger that bringing in temp staff might be on hold. I didnt get an interview, was number 50 Donegal for summer only. I don't think I will be called at this stage.

I got the impression they interviewed a few hundred back in January, maybe you should contact Pas to ask what the Craic is?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭PinkLady2016

I got the impression they interviewed a few hundred back in January, maybe you should contact Pas to ask what the Craic is?

I was interviewed in January and recently I was offered a post with Dept of Justice but they won't take me on until after this is over. So they are not taking any new staff on yet. I guess we will be put on hold for a while yet ☹️

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭doc22

My guess is many people cancelled leave and attempted to stop SWY while they were working from home. In such situations no temps would be required regardless of covid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Funkey_lover19

I was interviewed and did garda clearance back in January. PAS told me departments are trying to find means to train in TCOs. I know for cork city everywhere is working from home, and has been told to do so for the foreseeable... I know some departments have stopped redeployment and want to try get back to normal. But it doesn’t remain clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Linda2linda

Received email early March saying OOM 50 for Donegal. Emailed them back today and they told me my OOM is 80. They said number of candidates have been reinstated on panel because of covid. This is very unfair was hoping to get work looking unlikely now

i haven't heard anything since i got my origininal OOM score. Who do i contact for an update?

That is rough, where do thoseextra 30 higher score candidates come from, I wonder, previous competitions, or they reassessing for other skills as required?

I think they could be having problems training folk for remote work which might be what some TCOs will be expexted to do.

On another note, one of my proposed referees had since died ( non covid). and his colleagues dispersed by furlogh and work from home. I was no 50 for Donegal and now thinking this oppportunity is not happening for me this year

That is rough, where do thoseextra 30 higher score candidates come from, I wonder, previous competitions, or they reassessing for other skills as required?

I think they could be having problems training folk for remote work which might be what some TCOs will be expexted to do.

On another note, one of my proposed referees had since died ( non covid). and his colleagues dispersed by furlogh and work from home. I was no 50 for Donegal and now thinking this oppportunity is not happening for me this year

Are you all year for Donegal? Would say everything up in arms with Covid at the moment didn’t think my OOM would go up like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Red Honeysuckle

Received email early March saying OOM 50 for Donegal. Emailed them back today and they told me my OOM is 80. They said number of candidates have been reinstated on panel because of covid. This is very unfair was hoping to get work looking unlikely now

I don't understand what you mean.
    If they reinstated 30 people to the panel as their employment offers were rescinded due to covid 19 then of corse its not unfair. They were already ahead of you.

Or are they summer only and you're year round so they are prioritised when summer comes (which also happens) as year round panel can pick up again come August?

I'm summer only. Donegal. No communication from PAS since I got my score - 50 for Donegal. Although maybe my position is changed if interviews and covid related issues are factored in.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Jambonjunior

Is there any guides here for applying to public sector jobs? I'm used to sending in CVs, rather than filling out application forms. I'm just wondering if there's any hints or things to watch out for.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Is there any guides here for applying to public sector jobs? I'm used to sending in CVs, rather than filling out application forms. I'm just wondering if there's any hints or things to watch out for.

What particular role are you applying for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭urgelgru

This covers PAS applications specifically but even if a public sector job is not going through PAS they are increasingly going along the same lines:

https://www.publicjobs.ie/en/information-hub/our-recruitment-process/application-advice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭furrybones

Has anyone here interviewed for Offaly for summer only?

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 7 aoifedu

TCO's called to DAFM Portlaoise, starting June 8th

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Funkey_lover19

Anyone have any idea on Cork and summer time TCOs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Indy1996

aoifedu wrote: »
    TCO's called to DAFM Portlaoise, starting June 8th

Do you know how many they called off the panel

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Heather60

Hi re TCO’s for DAFM, Portlaoise, do you know which panel they are calling the TCO’s from all year round or summer panel... and how many are they calling?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Jellab

Has anyone on here been called in Galway. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭weadick

Anyone have any idea on Cork and summer time TCOs?

I'm in the same situation but have been told nothing other than being told I'm 'on the panel' :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭I am me123

weadick wrote: »
    I'm in the same situation but have been told nothing other than being told I'm 'on the panel' :(

Same. Have heard nothing since I found out I passed the interview in February last & was placed on a panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Daffodil in Spring

I am me123 wrote: »
    Same. Have heard nothing since I found out I passed the interview in February last & was placed on a panel.

Same also.

• Advertisement

Same also.
    You should of got a OOM this will tell you where you are placed on panel. If you email PAS they will give you your OOM

Advertisement