Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NEW 2018 Assistant Principal Officer Competition

1878889909193»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Shoie wrote: »
    All competitions are suspended as well so as Cheesplant says who knows. They may extend if the current comp is delayed. That is just my guess though.

I heard the testing for the 2020 AP starts this week so not suspended

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

I heard the testing for the 2020 AP starts this week so not suspended

Yeah should be notified today and aptitude tests running until June 3rd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Hi, did you ever get appointed to your new role? I was assigned in early April but due to Covid19 situation the Department are not taking anyone in.

I am just wondering if all appointments are delayed. Sorry I know you can only speak for yourself, that was a general question to all.

Yes appointed & started this week in DEASP.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Shoie

Yes appointed & started this week in DEASP.

Congratulations and good luck in your new role.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Marie_C

Congratulations and good luck in your new role.

I second that, best of luck in the new role. Great to see people being successful in placement after going through the comp. Enjoy the bank hol weekend everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭moneymaid

Delighted to see people being called up, finally.
    I'm going for APO. Undertook the aptitude tests over the weekend. In general quite happy with them.
    How long before we can expect to get results?

There’s a 2020 AP thread on boards too for that competition and a poster said 3-4 weeks to get results from stage 1. Anyone working in a gov dept any idea if more APs will be called off the 2018 panel or with everything going on is it frozen?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Dublinboard

Does anybody know how long it will take to hear back regarding the video interview results.

I am guessing the next stage could be just a Final interview and then maybe to redo the online tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Cheeseplant

Does anybody know how long it will take to hear back regarding the video interview results.

I am guessing the next stage could be just a Final interview and then maybe to redo the online tests?

I'm doing the 2020 comp- did you have online interviews for the 2018 comp? Or just recording of a few competencies?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Dublinboard

Sorry posted in incorrect thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

I'm doing the 2020 comp- did you have online interviews for the 2018 comp? Or just recording of a few competencies?

No, the interviews came after the e-tray, the e-tray whittled down the numbers so they were able to have in person interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Tedda2016

Does anyone know the exact date in Oct the panels associated with this competition are closed? Thanks

Tedda2016 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the exact date in Oct the panels associated with this competition are closed? Thanks

I think it’s the 30 or 31st of October but the dates are always dependant on PAS.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 busher07

Has anyone done the E-tray exam yet and if so have you any advise. Doing it tomorrow for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Connected99

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 43 HelloPeeps

The first candidate has just been placed off the 2020 competition so I presume that this panel is now closed

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Newbie 101

I queried whether the regional panels from the 2018 comp were closed and was advised by PAS that until the new panels are in place they will continue to fill any vacancies from the 2018 comp and that we will be advised in a message when the 2018 comp officially closes.. a small ray of light for some I hope

Advertisement